What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'14 // R20 // Fri // Knights 16-12 Roosters // Hunter

Round 20: Knights v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ek999

First Grade
What you are saying doesn't go against that it should be a goal line drop out, give my you are talking about an attacking player making the ball dead by touching it with a foot in touch. The ball has to touch the ground to be considered dead. If a player is standing out and punches the ball he is considers to have made the ball dead and possession is given to the opposition.

If you need the rule though, there is a specific mention of the exact situation from last night in the rule book:

"SECTION 9 - TOUCH AND TOUCH IN-GOAL
Dead Ball Line Restarts:

Should a kick be made dead by a defending player straddling the dead ball line or touch in-goal line, play will restart with a goal line drop-out."

You're reading the rule wrong. The drop out applies when you have one foot in play and one out of play. When both feet are out, which they were last night, you can't be straddling the dead ball line and it is a 20m tap

ek999

First Grade
Didn't badger mumble some sort of explanation as too why it wasnt a sin binning when Scott asked. Said there was forward pass. I can only assume he has ruled that there was forward pass before BJ got the ball, but we were still inside the 10 so knights get the penalty for offside as first infringement.

Bingo. Last pass was a mile forward

Danish

Referee
You're reading the rule wrong. The drop out applies when you have one foot in play and one out of play. When both feet are out, which they were last night, you can't be straddling the dead ball line and it is a 20m tap

Nope. The only way a player can take a ball dead without te ing over possession is touching a kick on the full. At all other times you have to let the bal go dead of its own accord, otherwise you are considered to have taken the ball dead.

It's quite simple

kay

Juniors
Think yesterday was the most frustrating game I've watched as a neutral I felt the refs favoured the Knights as is the case often with home ground advantage. But after the JWH sinbinning and the way they dealt with the bad calls I knew it probably wasn't going to be the roosters night.

I was so frustrated I came across these statistics, make of them however you like.

During Badger's time as a referee, the Knights have a winning record of 74% in games he refs, 46% overall and the Roosters have a 39% winning record with him which is lower than their 53% overall. These are the two largest differences of all teams he refs.

http://stats.rleague.com/rl/misc/Gavin_Badger.html

Apey

Staff member
Also have the 2nd lowest penalties awarded and the 6th worst penalties F/A. I'm guessing it's when he gives us the penalties or that "it's the penalties the other teams aren't getting" though right? :lol:

Y2Eel

First Grade
Here is where the ball was played:

image.jpg

Here is where the tackle was made:

image-1.jpg

Looks very close to 10m to me

Looks like 13 meters out tackles 5 out.. Sbw never tried to get onside in a try scoring opportunity. . Professional foul..