What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | PF | Fri | BRI 31-12 SYD | Suncorp

Preliminary Final: Broncos v Roosters

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ram raid

Bench
Gonna be an awesome forwards war in the GF no matter whether it's Cows or Storm. Cows especially though.

Benny77

Juniors
I reckon their Premiership window to win again is now closed for the moment.

Maloney is a big loss. So is RTS.

I don't think it's closed. Look at the teams next year. Storm will go down the ladder, so will Souths. Cowboys will probably slip a little put maybe stay around the same. Dogs will slip. Sharks will move up but won't be that great. Broncos will be minor premiers. Warriors should be top 4.

So realistically, the comp is going to be more evenly spread next year and if you look at roosters squad they still have a top 4 squad. Napa, Evans, SST, Fergo, Hastings and Cordner will all get better. Theyre all still young. I think come mid next season they will no longer be missing Maloney. That just leaves them with 1 position to worry about which is FB. That will be the position that stops them winning the premiership and it will depend on how much the person in that role can step up that will decide whether they can win or not. If not next year, then by 2017, with another year of experience for the FB and a young squad hitting their peaks, the window will be wide open once again.

Billythekid

First Grade
Was a very impressive display and you would have to think it would be a big ask for the storm/cowboys to get up next week. Roosters ended up missing JWH more than you would think, I know he's good but that injury really seemed to turn a lot around for the team.

Will be interesting to see if the roosters will still be at the top next year with se big names leaving.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think most Roosters fans on here are great, very good sports about the defeat.

I was in bay 302, sitting in the bay that the Roosters players family and friends were given, Minichello was 4 rows in front of me. I just have to say it, sorry, a majority of them were absolutely diabolical, constant racial slurs, insulting everything with every opportunity, one fellow spat on the ground when leaving, another few started smoking, children dropping c's, just rough.

I'd believe that.

Tbh that's how a lot of Roosters supporters are.

I've seen it at Alllianz and ANZ too.

Scapegoat

Juniors
Can't be too disappointed in the Roosters, when the Bronco's played that well last night. They were outstanding.

Congrats guys, enjoy the GF.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I don't think it's closed. Look at the teams next year. Storm will go down the ladder, so will Souths. Cowboys will probably slip a little put maybe stay around the same. Dogs will slip. Sharks will move up but won't be that great. Broncos will be minor premiers. Warriors should be top 4.

So realistically, the comp is going to be more evenly spread next year and if you look at roosters squad they still have a top 4 squad. Napa, Evans, SST, Fergo, Hastings and Cordner will all get better. Theyre all still young. I think come mid next season they will no longer be missing Maloney. That just leaves them with 1 position to worry about which is FB. That will be the position that stops them winning the premiership and it will depend on how much the person in that role can step up that will decide whether they can win or not. If not next year, then by 2017, with another year of experience for the FB and a young squad hitting their peaks, the window will be wide open once again.

I disagree. A couple of injuries and the Roosters will slip outside top 4.

In 2017 the window will be closed. The Roosters won't be able to afford to keep all their good players. That's how the salary cap usually works, players will want more money, unless Politis does dodgy deals as usual.

Shorty

Staff member

I think you're underestimating Maloney and the hole he'll leave, last night he was one of the reasons why the Roosters were still competing from behind.

Hastings looked, finally, like a rookie out there and a bit lost but I do think he'll be a good player.
I don't think the Roosters will be as high, you have to remember the Warriors would have been in it had they not had an injury to their halfback.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I think you're underestimating Maloney and the hole he'll leave, last night he was one of the reasons why the Roosters were still competing from behind.

Hastings looked, finally, like a rookie out there and a bit lost but I do think he'll be a good player.
I don't think the Roosters will be as high, you have to remember the Warriors would have been in it had they not had an injury to their halfback.

Agreed

Benny77

Juniors

I'm not underestimating Maloney at all. He was one of our best last night. But he also has the ability to be very bad and he is starting to get old. I think we will definitely miss him at the start of next season but I think by halfway through, Hastings will be going very well.

And I agree about the Warriors. My top 3 next year would be Broncos, Cowboys and Warriors. But I still think Roosters will be around 4th or 5th.

You also have to remember that the new interchange rules suit probably the Roosters and Broncos best because both teams have forwards that play extremely long minutes. And most of the Roosters forward pack is young and will be even better next year.

Benny77

Juniors
I disagree. A couple of injuries and the Roosters will slip outside top 4.

In 2017 the window will be closed. The Roosters won't be able to afford to keep all their good players. That's how the salary cap usually works, players will want more money, unless Politis does dodgy deals as usual.

I agree with a couple of injuries and they could slip out of the top 4 but that's the same with any team. They will still have great depth in the forwards with a great bench because they are not losing any forwards. Depth in the backs will be tested but if anything their backline has simply been brought back to the back.

Also, regarding 2017, the window will be more open than it is in 2016. The majority of the team is signed up for 2017 already but many come off contract at the end of that year, as is the case with many other sides because that's when the new TV deal kicks in and salary cap goes up so it will be a free-for-all at the end of that season.

Snappy

Coach
So much salt in this thread.

lol at merkins asking why Hodgo was celebrating after he just got his team into a GF. derp

special mention that merkin Vegepatch. Your tears are delicious.