What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | QF1 | Fri | SYD 18-20 MEL | Allianz

Qualifying Final: Roosters v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2015syd-main.jpg

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2. Daniel Tupou 3. Michael Jennings 4. Blake Ferguson 5. Shaun Kenny-Dowall
6. James Maloney 7. Jackson Hastings
8. Sam Moa 9. Jake Friend 10. Dylan Napa 11. Boyd Cordner 12. Aidan Guerra 13. Siosiua Taukeiaho

Interchange: 14. Mitchell Aubusson 15. Isaac Liu 16. Kane Evans 17. Suaia Matagi
18. Matt McIlwrick

2015mel-second.jpg

1. Cameron Munster 2. Marika Koroibete 3. Will Chambers 4. Kurt Mann 5. Matt Duffie
6. Blake Green 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith 10. Tim Glasby 11. Kevin Proctor 12. Tohu Harris 13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

Interchange: 14. Kenneath Bromwich 15. Christian Welch 16. Nelson Asofa-Solomona 17. Jordan McLean

REF-LIME-2015-SQU150.jpg

Referees: Ben Cummins, Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Jason Walsh, Nick Beashel
Video Referees: Bernard Sutton, Ben Galea

Holden Cup Under 20's Elimination Final
FRI 5:15PM | Roosters (6th) v Warriors (7th) @ Allianz Stadium

VB NSW Cup Finals
Wyong Roos (SYD) qualified for Week 3 (next week)

QRL Intrust Super Cup Minor Semi Final
SUN 1:35PM | Ipswich (BRI) v Easts (MEL) @ North Ipswich Reserve​

Last edited:

Danish

Referee
Looking forward to it. I'm confident we will beat the storm, but I also know they will be very tough opponents.

If we do beat them, it will put us in good stead going into the week off

Clifferd

Coach
Hmm tough game.

Roosters flogged souths last week but they've been in pretty bad form anyway.
Storm were very impressive v Broncos

I'll say Roosters 22-18 or something like that

Valheru

Coach
1 v 4 is invariably a better contest than 2 v 3 as 4th usually comes into the finals full of hope and good form whereas at least one of 2/3 has poor form. This is the exact case again this year. Since the finals system changed for the 2012 season the 1 v 4 clashes have a total combined margin of 11 points as opposed to 34 for 2 v 3.

This looks to be a really good contest. The Storm won’t leak tries like souths and Manly and will make us work hard for our points. This is a free hit for the storm, there is no real downside. If they lose it is the expected outcome and they will probably feel more comfortable than most in playing a PF in QLD. If they win though, they may as well book their GF ticket as they will be nearly impossible to stop in Melbourne.

Roosters have the potential to blow it open if they get 10 or more in front as I don’t think the current Storm side is one that can chased points but I don’t expect the Storm to let that happen. 20 points will probably be enough to win and I can’t see the margin being greater than 8.

stormbati

Bench
Storm by 10. I've had the feeling either Storm or Sharks would've rolled the Roosters.
These are the best 2 sides on form coming into the finals so hopefully no JWH will be enough for Storm to power through.

Storm by 10. I've had the feeling either Storm or Sharks would've rolled the Roosters.
These are the best 2 sides on form coming into the finals so hopefully no JWH will be enough for Storm to power through.

"These are the two best sides on form coming into the finals"? :shock: You might want to clarify that. Last time I looked the Roosters had won 12 games straight whilst the Sharks were last start losers.

Also Maloney won't miss time due to the judiciary. Charged with a Grade 1 tripping charge, which is 75 points.

Last edited:

bor

Juniors
"These are the two best sides on form coming into the finals"? :shock: You might want to clarify that. Last time I looked the Roosters had won 12 games straight whilst the Sharks were last start losers.

Also Maloney won't miss time due to the judiciary. Charged with a Grade 1 tripping charge, which is 75 points.

I think they meant Storm and Roosters.

Danish

Referee

I was going to point out that the storm are only 3 from 5 coming into the finals, but fact is that pretty much does make them the 2nd best team on form at the moment.

Seriously how many of the top 8 are coming into the finals with losing records over the last 5-6 weeks? Its insane.

No JWH will need to be a 22 point difference compared to our last meeting as well btw ;-)

By the way, the Bulldogs have won their last 5 games straight. Their last loss was to the Roosters in Round 21. That said their last 2 games they looked rather shaky. Anyway, sorry for going off topic....

Evenflow

Bench
Roosters are obviously gonna be a real tough nut to crack and deserve to be going in as strong faves at home but the task certainly isn't impossible. It really depends on which Storm turn up, as Danish mentioned we've won 3 of the last 5 with great wins against 3 of the top 8 in Sharks, Cows and Broncs yet we let our guards down against the Tigers and Knights and rightly got spanked.

Defensively we've been very good in the last couple of weeks so if they can keep that up it'll go a long way to help winning the game. Easier said than done of course given the points the Roosters have in them but hopefully my mob are on top of their game in that respect.

I can see a close one either way and with any luck it'll be a grinding arm wrestle sort of game which the Storm enjoy. Storm by 4.

Latest posts