What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | QF1 | Fri | SYD 18-20 MEL | Allianz

Qualifying Final: Roosters v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Danish

Referee
Hows the butt hurt...

You had a Home final and should of destroyed us but you were outplayed and outcoached.
Mássive f**k up by the roosters.

"out played and outcoached" in this case equates to laying all over the ruck at every opportunity and generally just trying to destroy any fluency in the game by any means necessary.

Bellamy's style rugby league is the cornerstone of why league is losing crowds and fans and the basis for all the issues with refereeing and the ruck. Its a negative and shithouse style of play that makes for terrible viewing but gets wins. Every rule change made in the past 3 years has been to try and discourage teams from adopting this shitty style of play.

Basically tonight was played and refereed like an origin (MMA rucks, no offsides, whistle in the pocket), and our predominantly kiwi side had no idea how to adapt to it. Hargraves is the only forward in the comp that knows

alien

Referee
Both cowboys and broncos have losing records over the past couple months. The loser of that game will scrape past the sharks/souths due to home ground advantage and then get rolled by the Storm in Melbourne.

Storm, Dogs, and Roosters were the only teams with any form coming into the finals. The winner was always going to come from one of them and I would say that tonight has probably ended our chances as the dogs will be tough opponents next week without JWH

it doesn't always happen how you think it will. the weeks leading up to the finals don't always matter. upsets happen, like tonight!

Banana Peel

Juniors
"out played and outcoached" in this case equates to laying all over the ruck at every opportunity and generally just trying to destroy any fluency in the game by any means necessary.

Bellamy's style rugby league is the cornerstone of why league is losing crowds and fans and the basis for all the issues with refereeing and the ruck. Its a negative and shithouse style of play that makes for terrible viewing but gets wins. Every rule change made in the past 3 years has been to try and discourage teams from adopting this shitty style of play.

Basically tonight was played and refereed like an origin (MMA rucks, no offsides, whistle in the pocket)

So sad, too true.

blaza88z

Coach
without watching the game I can pretty much tell you how the game was referee'd in order for Melbourne to win (and of course I could be wrong), it would of been a no holds barred pinfalls count anywhere contest, I expect there would of been a new submission hold in each ruck, a few tactical cannonball tackles where 2 defenders hold the player upright whilst the 3rd defender comes in down low

I am telling you now, Melbourne aren't playing Rugby League, they're abusing the rules of the ruck to gain every single possible advantage to deny the other team from playing any footy and quite honestly the way referees are prepared to referee finals' games (where they simply they don't want to make a mistake, so they don't do anything at all) they have every chance to go on and win it, it's a real shame when you get attacking teams like the Roosters who aren't denied by brilliant defense but by brilliant wrestling

I say this as a complete neutral where Roosters losing probably helps my team, I just can't stand the way they play and continue to get away with it

alien

Referee
You're kidding right?????

nope. i normally don't bet on first try scorer, but i did tonight, and i wanted to bet on a storm player to be 1st try scorer, and he was most likely. made over $100 profit tonight! \\\\:D/

alien

Referee
without watching the game I can pretty much tell you how the game was referee'd in order for Melbourne to win (and of course I could be wrong), it would of been a no holds barred pinfalls count anywhere contest, I expect there would of been a new submission hold in each ruck, a few tactical cannonball tackles where 2 defenders hold the player upright whilst the 3rd defender comes in down low

I am telling you now, Melbourne aren't playing Rugby League, they're abusing the rules of the ruck to gain every single possible advantage to deny the other team from playing any footy and quite honestly the way referees are prepared to referee finals' games (where they simply they don't want to make a mistake, so they don't do anything at all) they have every chance to go on and win it, it's a real shame when you get attacking teams like the Roosters who aren't denied by brilliant defense but by brilliant wrestling

I say this as a complete neutral where Roosters losing probably helps my team, I just can't stand the way they play and continue to get away with it

melbourne were dominating in alot of tackles and slowed the play-the-ball down legally. they played as a team

Rabbits20

Immortal
nope. i normally don't bet on first try scorer, but i did tonight, and i wanted to bet on a storm player to be 1st try scorer, and he was most likely. made over $100 profit tonight! \\\\:D/

At first I thought you were joking.

Well done mate.

Alien went crazy when Koroibete scored I think:lol::lol:

Latest posts