What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | R1 | Sat | NEW 24-14 WAR | Hunter

Round 1: Knights v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2015new-main.jpg

1. Kurt Gidley 2. James McManus 3. Dane Gagai 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden 9. Adam Clydsdale 10. Korbin Sims 11. Beau Scott 12. Robbie Rochow 13. Jeremy Smith

14. Tyler Randell 15. Chris Houston 16. David Fa'alogo 17. Jack Stockwell
18. Sione Mata'utia

2015war-second.jpg

1. Sam Tomkins 2. Tuimoala Lolohea 3. Konrad Hurrell 4. Solomone Kata 5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Chad Townsend 7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jacob Lillyman 9. Thomas Leuluai 10. Ben Matulino 11. Bodene Thompson 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Simon Mannering

14. Nathan Friend 15. Ben Henry 16. Sam Lisone 17. Albert Vete
18. Suaia Matagi

2015ref-lime.png

Referees: Ashley Klein, Chris Butler
Sideline Officials: Ricky MacFarlane, Phil Henderson
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Steve Folkes

Holden Cup Under 20's R1
SAT 12:00PM | Knights v Warriors @ Hunter (FOX Sports 1)

VB NSW Cup R1
SAT 2:10PM | Knights v Warriors @ Hunter (FOX Sports 1)​

Last edited:

Sacrolishes

Juniors
This will be a tough game to pick. Knights at home at 1-12 to open their campaign in front of fans. Be an exciting day for the team now released by Bennett's shackles. Should be a lot of enthusiasm in the team.

Warriors are hard though, great squad with some powerful players. Got a feeling this will be like the last game these two played at Hunter Stadium. Each team scoring too and fro.

Ahh, to be speaking about footy again. Blissful

Noname36

First Grade
It'll depend on what Warriors side shows up. Knights can be very good at home but if the Warriors forwards get a roll on and Johnson comes out on fire the Knights won't be able to contain them.

I also have massive concerns over the Knights small pack. This will be a huge test for them.

blaza88z

Coach
my money is on the Knights here at home, the Warriors tend to start their season slow and being away from a home is a significant disadvantage

Juju

Juniors
Wheres best to sit at this ground? - coming over from Auckland for this one

Noname36

First Grade

Depends what you're after really. If you want a good view then go for one of the grandstands. General admission on the hills has good atmosphere (although be aware that one of them doesn't allow you alcohol and is full of families) but they're not the best place to sit if you're after comfort or want to see all of the game.

Last edited:

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
my money is on the Knights here at home, the Warriors tend to start their season slow and being away from a home is a significant disadvantage

Yup, unfortunately so.

Our opening round record would be horrendous.

Would maybe have 6 wins in our existence for round 1 games - if that.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think I tip the warriors round 1 every year, the by the 60mim mark swear multiple times and tell myself to not make the same mistake next year.

Warriors by 10.

Knight4life

Juniors

Lower teir of either stand, will pay more for the western stand but won't have to deal with the sun obviously.
Eastern stand where I mentioned your looking at 30-$40 from memory

Burns

First Grade
Last year's game was amazing with both wingers from both teams getting some freakish tries. Im not sure how our pack will go against the Warriors and I'm pretty fearful of Johnson ripping us to shreads. That said, we'll make a decent start and get up by 4-6 points.

Rebel

First Grade
We are shithouse in our first couple of Aussie games always.
I actually can't remember when we last won in round 1 in Aussie.

Knight4life

Juniors
not looking forward to watching big Manu school uate ... Again.hope the warriors continue their trend of starting slow in aus. Would not be suprised if either side win 20+

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
We are shithouse in our first couple of Aussie games always.
I actually can't remember when we last won in round 1 in Aussie.

I'm not sure we have ever won round 1 in Australia.

We beat the Roosters at home in the late 90's, a player from each side got sin binned or sent off. Roosters again in 2002.

We beat the Storm one year (2000 maybe), again at home.

Beat the Eels at least once, maybe twice, both at home.

Can't remember too many other round 1 wins.

Juju

Juniors
Lower teir of either stand, will pay more for the western stand but won't have to deal with the sun obviously.
Eastern stand where I mentioned your looking at 30-$40 from memory
Thanks mate - might just fork out and go west don't want too much sun as probably going to watch the juniors too? The Sun is bad in the east stand?

Evil_Mush

Juniors
We've only ever won a 1/7 away games in the first round (in 99 against Roosters as mentioned), and only 3/11 at home (or 5/13 if you include the R1 byes in 96/02 with a R2 win). With the last R1 win WAAAAY back in 09!
So yeah, historically slow starters definitely not a myth.

http://afltables.com/rl/teams/auckland/auckland_by.html

I'm cautiously optimistic though (as seems to be always the case at the start of each year for Warriors fans!)

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I think the Warriors fans should be a bit more hopeful about this one. Objectively, their squad shits all over Newcastle.

Latest posts