What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | R1 | Sat | NEW 24-14 WAR | Hunter

Round 1: Knights v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Very good chance Sam Tomkins and Sam Rapira don't play. Laumape already confirmed out with Fusitua and Fish. As well as that Matagi hasn't impressed during pre-season and likely will be dropped. Warriors team could look a whole lot different than people think. May be up to 3 debutants.

Noname36

First Grade
I don't think I've ever seen Solomone Kata play but just by his name alone I reckon he's gonna be an absolute monster.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I don't think I've ever seen Solomone Kata play but just by his name alone I reckon he's gonna be an absolute monster.

I'll try and explain it.

Let's say Hurrell and Kata are the same base mould of Tongan league players. Hurrell was given a little more power, Kata a little more speed and agility.

Here he is at the Nines for a bit of an idea (even if a bit misleading due to the format.)

[youtube]YqnI_2gpsU8[/youtube]

Noname36

First Grade
Knights bench is absolutely horrendous but fingers crossed there will be some changes there before kick off like Stone alluded to. I think Sione will probably start at centre and BJ will go to the bench for starters. Houston, Stockwell and Fa'alogo offer zero impact.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Don't know what to expect from our bench, two of them are making their debut. Hope they don't let the occasion get to them.

Fortunately they'll have some experience around them.

Noname36

First Grade
I'll try and explain it.

Let's say Hurrell and Kata are the same base mould of Tongan league players. Hurrell was given a little more power, Kata a little more speed and agility.

Here he is at the Nines for a bit of an idea (even if a bit misleading due to the format.)

[youtube]YqnI_2gpsU8[/youtube]

He reminds me a lot of Joey Leilua but with a better passing game (although it's hard to tell in the 9s granted). Shame they won't be lining up opposite one another. Would be an interesting match up.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Tomkins to be given until game day to be right. If he doesn't play Ken Maumalo will debut on the wing, so we'll be running with 4 debutants and another guy who still qualifies as a rookie.

Round 1, away from home, I wouldn't be betting a dollar on us.

MrAnonymous

Bench
Flopkins lol. Why do Warriors continue to put him at fullback? He is deadset the one of the worst running around atm. Put him in the halves ffs.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Flopkins lol. Why do Warriors continue to put him at fullback? He is deadset the one of the worst running around atm. Put him in the halves ffs.

You clearly don't watch many Warriors games. He adds a very important element in attack, and reads the situation well and inserts himself into the line at good times. His defence isn't great at times, but he is easily one of the better fullbacks with his attacking game.

Having said that, if push came to shove and he was forced into the halves, I'm sure he would do well there as well.

I'll be at this game tomorrow, expecting a cracking match.

Meth

Staff member

This was boring when it was novel and original. It's a dead horse in 2015

Latest posts