What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | R1 | Sat | NEW 24-14 WAR | Hunter

Round 1: Knights v Warriors

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
That'd be right.

We suffer injuries - team gets weaker

They suffer injuries - team gets stronger

Must be easier being a coach when the footy gods make the right decisions for you.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Lol

Warriors down to 4 rookies now. Maumalo strained a hammy, so Henry to centre (gulp). Kata to the wing (sigh) and Matagi to the bench (ugh).

Not sure what the interchange plan is with 3 props and a hooker on the bench. I doubt any of the props are much more capable of 25 decent minutes each so it's going to be a long day for the rest of them.

Last edited:

Rebel

First Grade
Ghey.....

Would rather get smashed at this part of the season than later in though

Frederick

Staff member
Lol

Warriors down to 4 rookies now. Maumalo strained a hammy, so Henry to centre (gulp). Kata to the wing (sigh) and Matagi to the bench (ugh).

Not sure what the interchange plan is with 3 props and a hooker on the bench. I doubt any of the props are much more capable of 25 decent minutes each so it's going to be a long day for the rest of them.

Especially since it's heating up here, so that's gonna take a heavy toll on them

perverse

Referee
Henry to centre is very good for the Knights. Gagai and Leilua both capable of giving him an absolute bath.

Should be a great game, there's a fairly unknown quality about the Warriors due to their rookies and the Knights due to the change of scenery off-field. I have no idea what to expect, but hopefully it's as entertaining as the last match between the two.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
As I said earlier. Warriors have to dominate in the forwards to have any chance. Newcastle get quality possession and the inexperience is going to tell. Not trying to be pessimistic, and all our rookies have bright futures, but collectively it's a bit much to ask these guys to slot in at the same time and not make mistakes/bad decisions when under pressure due to a lack of experience.