What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | R14 | Fri | WST 34-6 SOU | ANZ

Round 14: Tigers v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Galeforce

Bench
1 GF win in 43 years = struggling. If they bag another one or two in the next 15 years then they're doing alright.

I'm sure you'll refute it with a ":lol:" though.

what a dopey comment , create your own framework and you can change history.

e.g.
1 GF win in 43 years = struggling......perhaps ( better than Sharks, Titans, Warriors, Cowboys
without much thought)
2 GF wins in 44 years = how many clubs worse than this?
5 GF wins in 48 years = better than tigers and most other clubs in the NRL
21 GF in 104 years = better than any other club in the NRL

If this is the best argument you can use for a club which is going alright at the moment then your head spends too much time up your arse.

as for your comment to support that Souths are not popular. Because so many folks knock Souths on LU , LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL , what a classic. I find it funny that so many of you dopes spend more time talking/knocking Souths versus commenting on your own clubs. Why,
I think because most people do not care about your clubs.

alien

Referee

e.g.
1 GF win in 43 years = struggling......perhaps ( better than Sharks, Titans, Warriors, Cowboys
without much thought)

If this is the best argument you can use for a club which is going alright at the moment then your head spends too much time up your arse.

as for your comment to support that Souths are not popular. Because so many folks knock Souths on LU , LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL , what a classic. I find it funny that so many of you dopes spend more time talking/knocking Souths versus commenting on your own clubs. Why,

i was about to post a comment very similar to this but i don't need to now. great post GALEFORCE!!!

e.g.
without much thought)

And you won't find me arguing with the overall statistic that Souths have won the most premierships and therefore have been the most successful. But there is a great divide between premiership 20 and 21, nearly half a century in fact. As with Balmain, Cronulla and Wests, it would qualify Souths as perennial losers. I could quote Balmain as being the most successful club from the inception of the NSWRL until 1920, but I don't because it's not relevant. We're talking about sustained success, something of which Souths (along with other clubs,) have not experienced in a long while.

The point is that you win one grand final, hardly considered sustained success in modern football compared to Brisbane, Manly, Melbourne, Canberra, Canterbury, Easts, Newcastle and Penrith who have all managed to pick up more than one premiership in the last 25 years. You could even lump Parra in with that lot for their dominance in the 80's. Balmain/Wests/WT, Souths, Cronulla, even St. George have done f**k all since the 50's/60's/70's.

Souths don't rate a mention in the modern game. Doesn't stop Souths fans from thinking they are though.

Last edited:

Canard

Immortal
Good news for Souths is that they've been playing without Inglis all year.

So it shouldn't be much of an adjustment

Latest posts