What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'16 | R9 | Sat | SYD 38-0 NEW | Allianz

Round 9: Roosters v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Misanthrope

Staff member
Its a lovely, clear, cool evening. Perfect football conditions.

A pity only one side is playing any :(

Hats off to you guys. This year was always going to be bad for Newcastle but it's a lot different having to live through it only to be slightly better in 2017.

I don't think it's that simple, sadly. We won't improve as long as we're financially destitute and run by an NRL that has no reason to spend more than the bare minimum to field a team and keep up the sixteen team requirement.

seriously, how braindead is this Knights team? I feel sorry for their supporters, not even we were this bad when we were spooners a couple of years ago.

Frederick

Staff member
I feel really, really sorry for Nathan brown. Bennett and Stone have left him a clusterf**k of a roster to deal with. So many terrible players signed up to big contracts. It's going to be a really long time before the damage can be undone. Might never be undone

Misanthrope

Staff member
I feel really, really sorry for Nathan brown. Bennett and Stone have left him a clusterf**k of a roster to deal with. So many terrible players signed up to big contracts. It's going to be a really long time before the damage can be undone. Might never be undone

What odds the NRL sack him shortly for a mess he didn't make and they did nothing to improve?

typicalfan

Coach
A pity only one side is playing any :(

I don't think it's that simple, sadly. We won't improve as long as we're financially destitute and run by an NRL that has no reason to spend more than the bare minimum to field a team and keep up the sixteen team requirement.

Surely the NRL would prefer a healthy Knights team so they can reduce their commitment.

perverse

Referee
Surely the NRL would prefer a healthy Knights team so they can reduce their commitment.

Their only metric for healthy is 'not losing money'. Now that the grant covers the salary cap, that just means spending as little as possible in all other areas.

Frederick

Staff member

If they wanted a healthy knights team then they'd change the TPA rules to make it an even playing field. There's f**k all money in Newcastle these days

Noname36

First Grade

Brown knew it was coming though. He said himself we weren't going to win many games this year.

Frederick

Staff member
Brown's knowledge of the ESL could come in handy. Could buy a few good players.

With what money? Bennett and Stone were kind enough to sign players like Mullen, Uate, Gagai, hodkinson, Snowden and Sims to over-inflated contracts. Unless we can find buyers for them, we have to wait until their contracts are up before we can even think about buying anyone half decent

Jaegerex

Juniors
What odds the NRL sack him shortly for a mess he didn't make and they did nothing to improve?

Probably pretty low, offloading him early would probably mean paying him out and spending coin on a new coach. Waste of their money while they are looking to offload the club.

mozza91

Coach
I feel sorry for the young kids like Saifiti, Lamb and Sione. The experienced players eg Hodkinson, T Sims and Gagai have been totally pathetic this season.

Latest posts