What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

16th team?! VOTE ! or Have your say!

Who sould be the 16th team be?

• Gold Coast Dolphins

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wellington Orcas

• Central Coast Bears

• None, No 16th team!

• Total voters

Ilya

Juniors
Gold Coast, by a long shot. GC is the most in danger of losing its "rugby league heartland" status of the three bids. I don't think AFL is gonna hit Wellington and it's not like rugby can get any more of a hold on NZ. I'm generally against putting any more teams in NSW for any reason, it's just another step back in terms of nationalising the game, and cuts up the NSW pie into slices that are way too small.

pcpp

Juniors
Gold Coast Dolphins Undoubtedly.

The LU members and the general public seem to think the same way.

Gold Coast Dolphins
68% [ 15 ]
Wellington Orcas
9% [ 2 ]
Central Coast Bears
13% [ 3 ]

Gold Coast Dolphin's to keep SE QLD as COMPLETE RL heartland!

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Gold Coast for sure. Although I'm still not sold on them stealing the Dolphins moniker.

Corbin

Juniors
I THINK GC OR WELLINGTON WE HAVE ENOUGH SYDNEY TEAMS AS IT IS.

I WOULD LIKE GC TO GET IT TO SO THEN THE QL TEAM ISNT JUST BRONCES AND I WOULD LIKE WELLINGTON SO THAT THE NZ TEAM WOULDNT JUST BE WARRIORS

:lol:

paulyt

Juniors
I reckon if it's gonne be GC it shouldn't be the dolphins. I really think it they should give Perf another shot or even a country NSW side, maybe relocate one of the Sydney teams to the country.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I heard on the radio that the NRL are gonna deciede tomorow (Monday), but I dont know how many times they've said that.

LESStar58

Referee
I think it will be the GC but the public and the NRL cannot ignore the CC for much longer. Singo is loaded and will take his money to union and we will lose one of the best supporters rugby league has had over the last 30 years!

I'd like to think that there will be a 16th team in 06, with 18 teams by 08 or 2010 at best. GC and CC will be there but not sure about a second NZ side. I'd rather see a side in a frontier state (i.e WA or SA).

dimitri

First Grade
nz are crying out for another side

there are so many nz'ers in the nrl

it would be much better for international league if they played for a 2nd nz side

JW

Coach
I can't split the GC and the CC.

I'd like the GC to get a shot because Qld desperately needs more teams. 2 teams is just not enough for the No. 2 state in our game.

On the other hand, the CC have all the criteria covered and are a great junior nursery, my only problem is their proximity to Sydney.

And even NZ, not sure if now is the time to give them another team, but it definately should be at some stage, probably sooner rather than later. Good on-field performances of the Warriors in coming years will certainly do no harm.

Personally, for 2006 anyway, I think it's between the GC and CC - but I wouldn't want to be the one who picks it.

I'd probably put both in at once, but the game probably couldn't sustain it. Does anyone here think that's possible and/or would it work though?

In the end, let's just hope, for once, the poeple running the show make the right descision.

Cheers.

mightybears

Bench
go the mighty central coast bears

as 2 of 6 decision makers have gold coast links i could well be very sad by the end of the day

Latest posts