What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

17 great characters and crowd pleasers!

Gordy

Juniors
1 Phil Mann
2 Nifty Nev
3 The Crow
4 Zip Zip
5 Guru Jr
6 Bomber
7 Kolcy
8 The Bear
9 Piggy
10 Artie
11 Ray Higgs
12 Wally
13 Olaf Prattyl

14 Fui
15 Tooks
16 Muggo
17 John McMartin

Parra Guru

Coach
Tooks should be captain coach of this team, not only a cult hero but one of the nicest most genuine blokes you could ever meet.

parra pete

Referee
What would team of big boppas look like
Ken Thornett
Bob Richards
Mick Cronin
Greg Owens
Eric Grothe
Frank Glover
John Simon
Keith Campbell
Dick Thornett
Brian Hambly
Adam Ritson
Ron Hilditch
Mark Tookey

Last edited:

lingard

Coach
LOL Pete. Probably only 5 people on this forum have seen these guys play :D

That's all right, son. One day someone will say the same about you. :lol:

I saw Lynch, Thornett, Hambly, Lingard, O'Reilly (in his first spell with us); Fred Pickup. And when I was a kid in primary school (Parramatta East Primary School - "Ever Aim High" ) my very favourite player was the winger Archie Brown (also our goal-kicker). Those were the days.

I guess if we are just looking at crowd-pleasers, it's hard to go past Ken Thornett as the greatest ever.

^b0ss^

Juniors
david woods was a fav of mine ....jimmy D had some fun moments for the club.

remember that fight jimmy D had and the ref said you started that ..answer" i know i smashed him " lol

i thought a player named matt spence was great for parra in the early 90s when we couldnt win a game.

i think he ended up getting caught up with drugs or something ...with another club.

another crowd fav was justin morgan.....i remember the crowd chanting his name a few times :).

mind you when i say crowd favs ....i dont think anyone would go past the whole early 80s teams ....but for laughs yea ....there were a few crowd favs in the later yrs even when we werent doing so well.

Cant believe the mighty John Bilbija has not been mentioned.

A friend of my dad, played one or two first grade games, could drink his body weight (about 185kg...) each and every night.

great bloke.