What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18 months on the 'deadwood'

aqua_duck

Coach
Just thinking of the so called deadwood we got rid of at the end of 07

Daniel Abraham-QLD Cup
Riley Brown-Newtown jets, currently injured
Brad Tighe-out for the year
Adam Woolnough-fringe 1st grader with penrith
Josh perry-had a stellar 2008, inconsistent in 2009 and has come under fire from ex players
Clint Newton-ESL retirement village
George Carmont-see above
Reegan Tanner-Real NRL
Kirk Reynoldson-retired

Have I missed anyone?
I reckon the only bloke who'd get a run in our current team would be Perry

Misanthrope

Staff member

Not everyone in the ESL is terrible. Hell, there are a good dozen or more players in the ESL I'd like to have in the NRL or at the Knights.

But Carmont and Newton, yeah, they suck.

aqua_duck

Coach
Oh don't get me wrong I'd have Tim Smith in a heartbeat, same goes for Sam Burgess, but Newton and Carmont are overthere as pension chasers

BG

Juniors
Josh perry-had a stellar 2008, inconsistent in 2009 and has come under fire from ex players

He's actually been consistently mediocre this year. He has run <80m in 7 of the 8 games he's played so far and 60m or less on 3 of those occasions.

roopy

Referee
Mitch Sargent looked reasonable in a game i watched over the weekend for Castleford.

White and Royal are going OK.

Anthony Quinn and Matt Gidley are going OK.

Pika

Bench
I dont think Quinn, White or Royal were removed as part of operation 'Deadwood'.

Sarg asked to leave after several good performances for PL and the frustration of watching an overweight out of form Wicks get picked in NRL week in week out.

Not sure about Gidley.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Mitch Sargent looked reasonable in a game i watched over the weekend for Castleford.

White and Royal are going OK.

Anthony Quinn and Matt Gidley are going OK.

To be fair, Quinn and Mids wer'nt really part of the cleanout. Both left to persue bigger contracts than what the Knights had offered.

Agree that Sarge has been looking good for the Tigers. Then again, its not really hard to stand out over there is it.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Just thinking of the so called deadwood we got rid of at the end of 07

Daniel Abraham-QLD Cup
Riley Brown-Newtown jets, currently injured
Brad Tighe-out for the year
Adam Woolnough-fringe 1st grader with penrith
George Carmont-see above
Reegan Tanner-Real NRL
Kirk Reynoldson-retired

Have I missed anyone?
I reckon the only bloke who'd get a run in our current team would be Perry

Good thread! It just goes to show all the dead wood hagan accumulated!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Agree that Sarge has been looking good for the Tigers. Then again, its not really hard to stand out over there is it.

That's such a myth. Ellis came over here and stands out. There are a lot of forwards and backs over there who would make it here. It's halves that seem to leave England in the dust come international season.

perverse

Referee
i wouldn't say ellis has been standing out... hardly to the point at which he stood out in the ESL. he's been solid... and had a very good first match.

Pika

Bench
After an outstanding debut, he has been solid.

I think Super League has some quality forwards who could easily hold thier own over here.

Its depth that kills them. After the top three or four, they seem to just fall into mediocrity.

Joker's Wild

Coach
That's such a myth. Ellis came over here and stands out. There are a lot of forwards and backs over there who would make it here. It's halves that seem to leave England in the dust come international season.

I was more specifically talking about the Tigers (Castleford) Mis. Their pack is woeful

roopy

Referee
Smith could have got the club to retain Quinn, Midley, White, Royal, Sargent and even Bedsy if he thought they were worth the money on offer elsewhere - so they are all Smith discards.

Hinton
Quinn
Midley
Carmont
Gordon
Bailey
Walsh
Perry
Buderus
Snowden
Abes
Tanner
Lowrie

Sarge
Wooly
Quigs
Royal

Tighe
White
Ling

All Newcastle boys.
All Smith discards.

Joker's Wild

Coach
There is no way we could have matched what Mids and Bedsy are getting over in the ESL and still remain competitive in other positions, no way in hell.

Latest posts