What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

That’s why he’s trying to milk as much out of Canberra as possible for the “licence fee.”
V'landys is coming across as a stubborn moron who doesn't know when to quit.

It's obvious to everyone that PNG is unviable and unwanted by the rugby league community. Doubling down on the idea with proposed tax cuts and more state funding proves people are right to oppose the idea.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
It is sad. The country is steeped in poverty and crime. Yet the ARLC is asking the Aus Gov to spend millions on a secure compound for Australian RL players?

How can anyone justify that sort of expense on NRL players who will be getting hundreds of thousands per annum to play for this club?

Imagine how many schools, hospitals and roads can be built with $600m?

Now your sounding like a Labor voter.

Matt_CBY

Juniors
V'landys is coming across as a stubborn moron who doesn't know when to quit.

It's obvious to everyone that PNG is unviable and unwanted by the rugby league community. Doubling down on the idea with proposed tax cuts and more state funding proves people are right to oppose the idea.
The Australian Rugby League community*

Now your sounding like a Labor voter.
With the amount of ambulance ramping at hospitals across Brisbane due to a shortage of beds for patients, it's a genuine question and a key policy of the LNP in the lead up to this year's election. Queenslanders won't want to hear that $600m of tax payer money is going towards a football team in Port Moresby while people cannot get a hospital bed in Brisbane.

Wb1234

Referee
Game day will never be safe. I remember attending a Wynnum Manly vs PNG game at Kougari Oval when the Hunters joined the Queensland Cup. Extra security from PNG needed to be brought in. There was a huge crowd of Papuans. The crowd was very rowdy.
So the hunter games they have now in qld cup have no fans in attendance ?

Steel Saints

Juniors
I'd like to see the St George Illawarra Dragons move permanently to Wollongong.

Maybe change their name to "Dragons"?

Build an eastern grandstand at Wollongong Showgrounds to complete the ground.

That covers Gold Coast, Newcastle, Townsville and Wollongong. All that is needed is for some one to relocate to Central Coast and Sunshine Coast.
Off topic:

I like to see it too, but I'm afraid the best that could happen in the short to mid term is an increase of games at Win. I like to see us move our Sydney games to SFS 2.0, so we could take advantage of the corporate dolllars and extra capacity. Therefore we could invest that extra revenue back into our pathways.

Back on topic:

It wouldn't surprise me if Perth becomes team 18. Why is the NRL reportedly planning to grant two more licenses instead of just one?

Bukowski

Juniors
Off topic:

I like to see it too, but I'm afraid the best that could happen in the short to mid term is an increase of games at Win. I like to see us move our Sydney games to SFS 2.0, so we could take advantage of the corporate dolllars and extra capacity. Therefore we could invest that extra revenue back into our pathways.

Back on topic:

It wouldn't surprise me if Perth becomes team 18. Why is the NRL reportedly planning to grant two more licenses instead of just one?
Feds and WA govt may have asked for a deadline. The offer of financial support wouldn't be just sitting there indefinitely.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
It is sad. The country is steeped in poverty and crime. Yet the ARLC is asking the Aus Gov to spend millions on a secure compound for Australian RL players?

How can anyone justify that sort of expense on NRL players who will be getting hundreds of thousands per annum to play for this club?

Imagine how many schools, hospitals and roads can be built with $600m?

I wouldn't be surprised if clubs revolted over V'landys' proposal.
Remember, it's PNG Govt that asked for this, not the ARLC or Vlandys.

Vlandys is simply ensuring it is financially worthwhile IF the game decides to take the PNG team on. As he should, it's his job

Latest posts