What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Colk

First Grade
Lol wb tiktok pretending that he has inside knowledge.

Great to see expansion. Let's hope it doesn't go arse up, especially PNG.

For the perth Frankenstein I would be having ironclad agreements that the bears don't try and do something stupid like demand more games. Even 2 is too many. PS, i can't believe they think that bears logo is iconic. I do have a question for the beats fans: if red and black is so special why did the bears add white in the nineties?

Surely the only option would be to play home and away vs Manly at NSO. Therefore you are only taking away one home game from Perth:

BuffaloRules

Coach

For the perth Frankenstein I would be having ironclad agreements that the bears don't try and do something stupid like demand more games. Even 2 is too many. PS, i can't believe they think that bears logo is iconic. I do have a question for the beats fans: if red and black is so special why did the bears add white in the nineties?

The white in their colours pissed me off

BuffaloRules

Coach
Where’s all the experts that said the bears were no chance and Perth would control the bid

never change guys you provide me with the best laughs

Im sure people like Perth Red will be happy about the merge with the Bears and playing 2 games a year at NSO … personally I would prefer all the games to be in Perth … they will be playing in Sydney plenty of times anyway …

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Where’s all the experts that said the bears were no chance and Perth would control the bid

never change guys you provide me with the best laughs
Where is it saying the bears are controlling the bid tiktok?

They've been given token gestures: the so called iconic logo and colours. Which are perth red colours anyway.

Last I looked, Perth is a long way away from North Sydney.

Iamback

Coach

The way it is worded by sides of them know where they stand.

Wb1234

Referee
Where is it saying the bears are controlling the bid tiktok?

They've been given token gestures: the so called iconic logo and colours. Which are perth red colours anyway.

Last I looked, Perth is a long way away from North Sydney.
Bears are back baby

woooo

Wb1234

Referee
You and your fellow afl fan afl red will have to get to together to pretend you love league.
“It is understood Perth will not be admitted to the NRL as a stand-alone club, and nor would the Bears.

The NRL’s preference is for a Perth Bears joint-venture relocation model operating under a motto of ‘Two Histories, One Future’ – ostensibly becoming the Sydney Swans of the NRL.”

I
know literacy is something you struggle with so get someone to read this for you

lol

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
“It is understood Perth will not be admitted to the NRL as a stand-alone club, and nor would the Bears.

The NRL’s preference is for a Perth Bears joint-venture relocation model operating under a motto of ‘Two Histories, One Future’ – ostensibly becoming the Sydney Swans of the NRL.”

I
know literacy is something you struggle with so get someone to read this for you

lol
Literacy? How does the above relate in anyway to my post?

You and your fellow afl fan afl red will have to get to together to pretend you love league.

reanimate

Bench
This is the NRL following the Swans model? The Swans never played home games in their old market after the move, they played all their home games in their new market. The idea of one game at NSO was bad enough, taking two games away from Perth for more Sydney games is crazy.

Has any thought been paid as to what happens with this model when most of the Boomers that this is catering to are no longer with us in the future?

Wb1234

Referee
This is the NRL following the Swans model? The Swans never played home games in their old market after the move, they played all their home games in their new market. The idea of one game at NSO was bad enough, taking two games away from Perth for more Sydney games is crazy.

Has any thought been paid as to what happens with this model when most of the Boomers that this is catering to are no longer with us in the future?
Another one who said the bears would never return

wow this thread is a salt mine

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
You said the bears wouldn’t own any part the bid you dope

Dementia on top of being illiterate

always wrong
Wtf are you on about? Even if I said that, which I didn't, that has nothing to do with my post you replied to.

I'm not sure if it's the repeated exposure to tiktok or fumbleball that has made you a f**ked in the head mental defective.

flippikat

Bench

Except the Sydney Swans was relocating VFL club that was EXISTING IN THE TOP TIER.

This would be reviving whats currently a 2nd tier team to top tier and relocating them.

Big difference.

A better parallel would be if the Tigers or Roosters or Rabbitohs (foundation clubs currently in the top tier, like South Melbourne was) decided to relocate to Perth, leaving the 18th team slot there for another option.

There are many N Sydney based gen Xers who are currently Swans members (and I know a few) who would welcome this. Swans membership could shrink a little