What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee
I'm just curious to know why you think that.

I hate the dropping of the locale from their name entirely, but are you saying they were the wrong club to have promoted into the NRL?
The poster I quoted says that I’m taking the Mickey out of him

he also says afl is bigger in Canberra than rugby league despite claiming to be a raiders fan

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I've reluctantly accepted that the Brisbane Tigers are highly unlikely to get the 18th licence, despite having the best bid by a country mile.

I'm warming to the prospect of a standalone Perth bid acquiring the 18th licence.
We'll be right mate, once the Dolphins have settled in we'll have another team here. Easts will no doubt be the bid that wins. I just hope they can make a JV deal with the Jets to properly resonate with the west.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I'm just curious to know why you think that.

I hate the dropping of the locale from their name entirely, but are you saying they were the wrong club to have promoted into the NRL?
Yeah I hate that the NRL made them drop Redcliffe too. I was at the leagues club recently up there and they aren't even allowed to sell NRL Dolphins merchandise in the team shop.

BRL club gets admitted to the NRL:
- premierships not recognised (BRL was first grade RL prior to 1988 and then it became a second tier comp)
- Redcliffe name not recognised
- treated as a separate entity to the Dolphins in the Q Cup

NSW club is looking to get admitted, but in Perth instead of Sydney
- premierships will be recognised (both of which were won in the 1920's loooong before there was a national comp)
- treated as a continuation of the NSWRL club
- they even get a Sydney game even though they are supposedly a Perth club now

This is the most recent example of the kind of NSW arrogance that has provided the fire for us to dominate Origin since it's inception.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
You're drawing an extremely long bow if you're trying to suggest that PVL is "progressive".

The guy's a dyed in the wool establishment "conservative" and all his decisions are informed by running in those Racing NSW and Sydney RL circles. His idea of expansion, for example, is to "expand" to Brisbane (the most RL dominated city on the planet) and to only consider new markets if they'll accept being possessed by the undying spirits of irrelevant entities from Sydney.

I hope he sticks around to see everything he's done come down around him like Arko and Quayle did. I doubt it'll happen though, known enough blokes like him to believe otherwise. An old school sleazy bloke like him will be smoking cigars and sleeping with the secretary in his new cushy job at the first sign of trouble, meanwhile the poor bastard who replaces him will be left to clean up the mess and cop the blame.
I can add this to the list of issues you are wrong about too.

- Record revenue
- new sponsors to the game
- number 1 game in the country in terms of TV viewership

Oh and you conveniently left out the 11 consortiums currently bidding for expansion from 5 different cities.

Wb1234

Referee
Yeah I hate that the NRL made them drop Redcliffe too. I was at the leagues club recently up there and they aren't even allowed to sell NRL Dolphins merchandise in the team shop.

- premierships not recognised (BRL was first grade RL prior to 1988 and then it became a second tier comp)

- premierships will be recognised (both of which were won in the 1920's loooong before there was a national comp)

This is the most recent example of the kind of NSW arrogance that has provided the fire for us to dominate Origin since it's inception.
I’m not sure it wasn’t the club themselves who didn’t want to use Redcliffe

they get home games there

If they use Redcliffe how do they becomes a north Brisbane team

Can you see why I've soured on V'landys and the ARLC?

The rhetoric from V'landys and the Sydney media is offensive and an insult to every rugby league fan outside of NSW. It's also bone headed stupid and setting the game up for failure should they proceeded with the "Perth Bears" and PNG proposal.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've interest in the game over the last 12 months. These days I only half watch most games while I play video games on my phone.

The only people who love what's happening are insecure Sydney fans who have imperialist visions of spreading the culture of 20th century NSWRL to every part of the Pacific.

I can add this to the list of issues you are wrong about too.

- Record revenue
- new sponsors to the game
- number 1 game in the country in terms of TV viewership

Oh and you conveniently left out the 11 consortiums currently bidding for expansion from 5 different cities.
The game is going well in spite of the ARLC's incompetence and bias towards NSW. It doesn't mean there won't be consequences for the game in the future.

If the ARLC is dumb enough to force the Bears on Perth then it will harm RL's growth in Western Australia. It's obvious that Western Australians don't want to prop up a failed club from another state that is arrogant enough to think it should be playing games at a dilapidated 10k cricket oval in North Sydney.

The PNG proposal will have negative ramifications on the gsme if it goes through. No one will want to play for a team based in Port Moresby. The team will be a basket case and get flogged every round. Lopsided games that no one wants to watch will generate zero advertising dollars. To be frank, it's f**ken embarrassing that we've got so many simpletons on here, the Sydney media ans ARLC championing this braindead idea. It's Big Footy level of dumb.

Wb1234

Referee
Can you see why I've soured on V'landys and the ARLC?

The rhetoric from V'landys and the Sydney media is offensive and an insult to every rugby league fan outside of NSW. It's also bone headed stupid and setting the game up for failure should they proceeded with the "Perth Bears" and PNG proposal.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I've interest in the game over the last 12 months. These days I only half watch most games while I play video games on my phone.

The only people who love what's happening are insecure Sydney fans who have imperialist visions of spreading the culture of 20th century NSWRL to every part of the Pacific.
Pvl should’ve listened to the boss of the qrl, that harcher guy, who said the dolphins shouldn’t be added to the nrl

Pvl should’ve listened to the boss of the qrl, that harcher guy, who said the dolphins shouldn’t be added to the nrl
Why can't you be objective and acknowledge that not everything the ARLC does is right or can be done better?

You're like a religious extremist who demands devotion to "God".

Wb1234

Referee
Why can't you be objective and acknowledge that not everything the ARLC does is right or can be done better?

You're like a religious extremist who demands devotion to "God".
Go on then

Compare how pvl as boss of the arl has been worse than anyone else

my points valid, the qrl were against the admission of the dolphins into the nrl

so the arl have done more got growing the game in qld than the qrl who only want to protect their patch.

Latest posts