What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Donkey, this has already all been discussed many weeks ago.
A successful partnership between the Bears and Perth requires the interests of the latter to be placed ahead of the former.

How many North Sydney Bears fans are willing to make that sacrifice?

No one in Perth gives a f**k about the history of the Bears and rugby league in North Sydney.

If the Bears wish to have a future in Perth then their history in North Sydney will need to be left in the past.

It looks like Dickson and Moore aren't willing to abandon North Sydney.

What irks me is the entitlement complex of NSWRL fans in Sydney.

Western Australians are supposed to embrace a club from North Sydney so a few nostalgic old codgers from the North Shore can remember the old days?

Other expansion hopefuls with more upside should miss out so we can bring a failed Sydney brand back from the dead?

The Bears have shit on every expansion market they've pretended to embrace. If they were true to their initial plan then they would have relocated to Gosford as the Central Coast Bears in 2000. They choose to remain at an oval in North Sydney. They could do so much more for rugby league as the Central Coast Bears in the NSW Cup and age-restricted divisions.

Dragonwest

Juniors
I'm sure there were similar discussions in Sydney and Brisbane when the Swans and Lions were relocated to Sydney and Brisbane respectively.

Again, the devil is in the detail - a Perth dominant board is a must, single trial at NSO, colours and name linked to NS with two pathway programs can be a positive outcome.

Iamback

Coach
I'm sure there were similar discussions in Sydney and Brisbane when the Swans and Lions were relocated to Sydney and Brisbane respectively.

Again, the devil is in the detail - a Perth dominant board is a must, single trial at NSO, colours and name linked to NS with two pathway programs can be a positive outcome.

Good post. I am for the Perth Bears but I can't see more than 2 seats on the board being viable.

RedVee

First Grade
That Firehawks survey was SEQ footy fans taking the p!ss with many respondents equating it to men's netball and Bombers, WFMD, let's have some Demons as well and why not the Yatala Pies?

The beauty of the Redcliffe scenario, no matter what the NRL think about it, is that everybody knows precisely where their roots are and the Dolphins are a very recognisable brand. You could fund a new franchise on the expenses wasted on marketing guru's to come to that conclusion.

Ok I'll stick my neck out. A third Brisbane team could be the Queensland Fish, encompassing all the Brothers' clubs ... just joking because it's Friday ... lol.
They’d be the Fish Eaters, more accurately 😊

Latest posts