What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

greenBV4

Bench
Obviously you're a 'not my job' type of operator. Not me, if a job needs doing I do it and leave the whinging to the likes of you and your mate AFL Red.

Wouldn’t it be great if all clubs had that attitude.
So you admit development of grassroots isn't the job of a top flight club? If you have to jump in and do someone else's job its because they are slacking off in the first place (ARLC), would be more efficient to identify the problem and try fix the cause

re: winging, its you and your mob who do most of it whenever someone suggests the game should actually take some risks and try and grow, and you're usually the ones bringing up AFL as well

greenBV4

Bench
More bs

qld is a rugby league hot bed

Perth is a rugby league cold bed

you want the arlc to spend tens of millions a year so wa can produce enough players to justify the existence of a Perth nrl club.
QLD is yes, and will continue to be so without oversaturating the market like Sydney

I want the ARLC commission to invest in the affilate states to grow the game, why not try and have a few more hot beds?

We have by far the best sporting product in the country, we should be trying to get as many people following it as possible

Wb1234

Referee
QLD is yes, and will continue to be so without oversaturating the market like Sydney

I want the ARLC commission to invest in the affilate states to grow the game, why not try and have a few more hot beds?

We have by far the best sporting product in the country, we should be trying to get as many people following it as possible
Expensive way to get alf rejects

greenBV4

Bench
another bit of hypocrisy by you anti-expansion mob:

"We need more clubs in QLD to fend off the AFL!!!"
"AFL is pissing money up the wall trying to grow the game in NSW and QLD, why would we want to emulate that!!"

which one is it? it cant be both

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So you admit development of grassroots isn't the job of a top flight club? If you have to jump in and do someone else's job its because they are slacking off in the first place (ARLC), would be more efficient to identify the problem and try fix the cause

re: winging, its you and your mob who do most of it whenever someone suggests the game should actually take some risks and try and grow, and you're usually the ones bringing up AFL as well
So who covers the multi million dollar risk? You don't take a risk because some uneducated yobbo wants a team in their city.

Let's take the risk and if it fails i know who the whingers will be.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So who covers the multi million dollar risk? You don't take a risk because some uneducated yobbo wants a team in their city.

Let's take the risk and if it fails i know who the whingers will be.
There’s not many businesses that grow without investing in growth! last years club annual financial reports have shown that the game is now in a financial position where clubs can still be profitable even on relatively little football club revenue. Raiders are an example. Only generated $16mill in football operations, perth will cover that easily.

Wb1234

Referee
a fans a fan

most people will happily be a supporter of more than 1 sport, its not about follow us instead of them, its follow us as well as them
Not fans, players

I’d rather we spent an extra ten million dollars in nz or png than Perth

Wb1234

Referee
There’s not many businesses that grow without investing in growth! last years club annual financial reports have shown that the game is now in a financial position where clubs can still be profitable even on relatively little football club revenue. Raiders are an example. Only generated $16mill in football operations, perth will cover that easily.
So a Perth team who gets an extra 30k viewers a weeek for rugby league is going to help us bridge the 250 million pa revenue gap ?

becuase you said that was the reason ?

Wb1234

Referee
Hmmm spend ten million dollars a year in Perth and maybe produce one nrl player a year and Count that as success against afl

or spending ten million more in nsw and qld country, or nz or png to produce probably 50 nrl players a year

tough choice this one

siv

First Grade
The QRL told them they cannot field the Redcliffe Dolphins in the Queensland Cup if they use that name at NRL level.

When the Cowboys entered a tram in the Queensland Cup it was known as the North Queensland Young Guns. The Broncos fielded a team called the Apsley Broncos many years ago.
Another good reason for NRL RG

Perth Red

Post Whore
So a Perth team who gets an extra 30k viewers a weeek for rugby league is going to help us bridge the 250 million pa revenue gap ?

becuase you said that was the reason ?
Depends if you think that having a 5 metro city reach is a key factor In that revenue gap. I suspect it’s one of the factors for sure. Why else would we struggle to get the same level of sponsorship let alone tv deal.

I don’t think tv audience size alone is that influential, if it was we’d be well ahead in revenue by now given we are by far the most watched sport on tv.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hmmm spend ten million dollars a year in Perth and maybe produce one nrl player a year and Count that as success against afl

or spending ten million more in nsw and qld country, or nz or png to produce probably 50 nrl players a year

tough choice this one
Where are you getting $10mill a year from?
If you put nrlwa funding up 1000% then yeh I reckon you’d take the handful of talent we currently produce and increase it significantly. There is plenty of evidence that would be the case.

we had two WA jnrs make nrl first grade debuts last year on funding of $700k for nrlwa.

siv

First Grade

When a NRL represents a district or region

Then its up to that NRL club to develop the district/region

For other areas then its the state bodies

greenBV4

Bench
When a NRL represents a district or region

Then its up to that NRL club to develop the district/region

For other areas then its the state bodies
What?
Its always the state bodies, that's why they exist

An NRL team gets the interest, and gives the players something to aspire to, but its the state body that runs the competition, and the amount of funding and resources ultimately effects the overall quality and number of participants in said competition

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s nrl clubs job to take the best 16 year old kids they can find and put them through elite development to turn them into nrl first graders.
anything else is the responsibility of the arlc and through them the state bodies. Schools, participation, amateur game etc

Nrl clubs should assist in that through Promotion and raising profile of the game in the area. beyond that it’s not their job to worry about schools programmes, touch or under 8’s.

only reason for the mess we have is LC’s wanting to own regions and that state bodies haven’t been funded properly to do their jobs nationally.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ideally you’d want a new club to be hitting mid table for football club revenue targets so based on what we saw in 2022 the revenue targets would be around:

membership $2million
Gate takings $2.2million
corporate and sponsorship $11million
Merch $1.5 million

with the nrl grant that would make any new club profitable from year 1.

MugaB

Coach
Depends if you think that having a 5 metro city reach is a key factor In that revenue gap. I suspect it’s one of the factors for sure. Why else would we struggle to get the same level of sponsorship let alone tv deal.

I don’t think tv audience size alone is that influential, if it was we’d be well ahead in revenue by now given we are by far the most watched sport on tv.
Revenue gap..... all you do is talk about AFL
This is already a record deal, and players then went all selfish and pushed for more via the CBA, now we got Blake Ferguson asking the NRL to fix his face, even though he left to Rugby Union in Japan and fkd up coz drugs are good... but yeah these grubby mercs come out of the woodwork, so give Rugba Lieg all the money it deserves... not what it needs...
I've told you many times, more money wont increase the affiliated states grant, or grassroots in general, it should be going into buying more assets, buying private stadiums in key areas so that we aren't bleeding rentals

Perth Red

Post Whore
Revenue gap..... all you do is talk about AFL
This is already a record deal, and players then went all selfish and pushed for more via the CBA, now we got Blake Ferguson asking the NRL to fix his face, even though he left to Rugby Union in Japan and fkd up coz drugs are good... but yeah these grubby mercs come out of the woodwork, so give Rugba Lieg all the money it deserves... not what it needs...
I've told you many times, more money wont increase the affiliated states grant, or grassroots in general, it should be going into buying more assets, buying private stadiums in key areas so that we aren't bleeding rentals
ignore if you’re not interested discussing how the nrl is financially performing against our main competitor And how expansion may help with that. No one’s forcing you to spam in.
yeh an extra $300mill a year wouldnt see better grassroots funding.
Lol.

Latest posts