What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Nothing stopping bears cheerypicking them especially as their areas are close by

convincing them to move to Perth is another thing
we should set up a CC Cubs team in hm , sg and flegg to feed into Western Bears. That’d be a catchment of 15k players inc NS and WA.

Santino Patane

Juniors
These arrangements are often fluid. Be interested to know how much Roosters are actually putting into the area? Tweed Heads through the Seagulls NSLC ownership would be another potential pathway.
The Titans work the Northern Rivers well at all levels, and have a lot of local support, so I don’t think there’s much room to move in. South of Ballina maybe- I think the Sharks are just a token association there.

flippikat

Bench
One month to go! Anyone else excited?
Yep... given the Dolphins were announced 10 days after the 2021 NRL Grand Final (GF Sunday 3 October, Announcement Wed 13 October
2021), it seems a fairly sound educated guess that the next expansion announcement may be Wednesday 16 October 2024 - given the Grand Final is Sunday 6 October.

So.. maybe 30 sleeps & counting down...?

Nuke

Staff member
Yep... given the Dolphins were announced 10 days after the 2021 NRL Grand Final (GF toSunday 3 October, Announcement Wed 13 October
2021), it seems a fairly sound educated guess that the next expansion announcement may be Wednesday 16 October 2024 - given the Grand Final is Sunday 6 October.

So.. maybe 30 sleeps & counting down...?
I'm hearing mid-October is indeed the likely and expected date. Personally, I'd've thought PVL would do it on or about the aussie rules GF day to steal some of their limelight, but those closer to the action (very close, in fact) are expecting mid-October instead.

blue bags

First Grade
I'm hearing mid-October is indeed the likely and expected date. Personally, I'd've thought PVL would do it on or about the aussie rules GF day to steal some of their limelight, but those closer to the action (very close, in fact) are expecting mid-October instead.
Any hints of the new team's ☺️

Wb1234

Immortal
The Friday before the afl grand final would be beautiful

upsetting all those fumblers right before their big day

Nuke

Staff member
Any hints of the new team's ☺️
Nah, sorry. I got nothing there. And the rough date I gave is only the expected date. Not guarenteed by any stretch.

I would be very surprised if Western Bears aren't announced though.

The Friday before the afl grand final would be beautiful

upsetting all those fumblers right before their big day

Haha! Yeah, I agree. I'd love to see that. Or the day of or the day after.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Would need four jets to cover every team each week so it won’t work

imagine clubs like cowboys or wahs get to use the private jet and everyone else has to travel Jetstar
I’d imagine they yes the jet would spend almost all of its time flying to Auckland, Perth and Townsville. But half the time the those team’s opponents using it, so all teams would benefit. Not a lot of point using it for Syd-Melb-Bris flights.

Latest posts