What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Colk

First Grade
Do u ever think about giving everybody else a break from u?! Its been what over 10 years?!
Well, if anybody can kill my lifelong love of the game it'd be u..
Spaming site with same shi..for over a decade is trolling. Most trolls would get bored & move on already, but guess u can't find anything better to do..?!

Might be time to start another thread mate.

Something about why people don’t just agree with me and how it offends me that they don’t

Pippen94

First Grade
Well done - a city the size of Adelaide isn’t very big in America. Gold star for you.

However, I’ll explain it to you nice and slowly. Firstly, you should look up the words context and relative in a dictionary. Once you look up those words, then you can apply them to the statement which was the following: no competition in the world (you know all the countries in the world including America) would choose not to have the 4th and 5th largest metro markets/population areas in their country represented.

Thanks for the little barb about me needing to learn more about the world though. Quite enjoyed the irony

Ur putdowns have all the bite of something written by a 12 year old private school boy. What does Paul Keating say about being flogged by a leaf of warm lettuce?!

Lots of big metros around world don't have teams in national competitions, but u fixated specifically with the 4th & 5th biggest in a particular country coz u want to prove point nobody cares about.

Why don't u narrow it further by specifying teams that play in red or in stadiums with retractable roof?!

Colk

First Grade
Ur putdowns have all the bite of something written by a 12 year old private school boy. What does Paul Keating say about being flogged by a leaf of warm lettuce?!

Lots of big metros around world don't have teams in national competitions, but u fixated specifically with the 4th & 5th biggest in a particular country coz u want to prove point nobody cares about.

Why don't u narrow it further by specifying teams that play in red or in stadiums with retractable roof?!

The point is pretty simple (although maybe not so much): sporting competitions or businesses for that matter (serious ones) don’t neglect the biggest areas or regions in their own country when servicing their product . You know why they do this: because it is f***** moronic not to service as much of the country as you can.

Nobody else does it because it makes no sense.
For example, you wouldn’t see a French company not try to sell their product/service to Lyon or Marseille, a German company not servicing Frankfurt or Cologne, a Russian company not serving Yekaterinburg or Omsk et al.

Also, kudos to the Paul Keating reference although it is surprising that you quoted him.

You seem a little more ‘conservative’ than Keating and your arguments are nowhere near your idols - more like Hewson explaining how the GST would work in fact

yes because 2 teams is enough coverage for now, but I don't think anyone said Brisbane should be a 1 team city - seems to be what Pippen is insinuating.

Whether two teams is "enough coverage for now" is debatable. A strong argument can be made that a third Brisbane team will provide more meaningful games that draw strong television ratings across Brisbane and Sydney. If we want to increase our revenue from broadcast rights then a third team in Brisbane is the answer. Ch9 have already spoken about the value of adding a third Brisbane team. That means Ch9 disagrees with you.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whether two teams is "enough coverage for now" is debatable. A strong argument can be made that a third Brisbane team will provide more meaningful games that draw strong television ratings across Brisbane and Sydney. If we want to increase our revenue from broadcast rights then a third team in Brisbane is the answer. Ch9 have already spoken about the value of adding a third Brisbane team. That means Ch9 disagrees with you.
ch9 paid nothing for Dolphins. Zero, nilch, dot, not a squat.
Why would they pay more for Brisbane3 when they havent paid anymore for Brisbane2?

The Great Dane

First Grade
O we arent but I'm sure you'd excel.
Then why'd you ask a random irrelevant question and pretend it was some kind of meaningful position.

Whether or not I've been to Brisbane is irrelevant, all that matters is my position, and what I said is factually accurate. You know it as well, that's why you're trying to attack my bona fides instead of the my argument.

Gobsmacked

Bench
Then why'd you ask a random irrelevant question and pretend it was some kind of meaningful position.

Whether or not I've been to Brisbane is irrelevant, all that matters is my position, and what I said is factually accurate. You know it as well, that's why you're trying to attack my bona fides instead of the my argument.
I have no idea what the fzck your talking about 🙈😂

Gobsmacked

Bench
I'm well aware that you have bad comprehension skills and struggle to follow a conversation...
What's there to comprehend?
You wrote a novel about the Territories around Brisbane demonstrating your lack of actual knowledge of Brisbane ( I'm from Brisbane- you were speaking utter nonsense) I asked if you've even been to Brisbane.. no answer to that yet!
So far as I can ascertain, your make a consistent habit of acting like you're an expert on things you know nothing about.
Btw nobody anywhere in Brisbane is in anyway territorial throughout Brisbane in anyway whatsoever, other than where's close to work. Utter nonsense.

The Great Dane

First Grade
What's there to comprehend?
You wrote a novel about the Territories around Brisbane demonstrating your lack of actual knowledge of Brisbane ( I'm from Brisbane- you were speaking utter nonsense) I asked if you've even been to Brisbane.. no answer to that yet!
So far as I can ascertain, your make a consistent habit of acting like you're an expert on things you know nothing about.
Btw nobody anywhere in Brisbane is in anyway territorial throughout Brisbane in anyway whatsoever, other than where's close to work. Utter nonsense.
I spoke exclusively about population bases... So I don't know WTF you're on going on about 'territories' for. Thanks for proving that you didn't understand what I said BTW.

It is interesting that you talk about 'the Territories around Brisbane', then proceed to claim that 'nobody anywhere in Brisbane is in anyway territorial'. The fact that you refer to such a thing as 'territories' of Brisbane suggests that people in Brisbane are 'territorial', so that's a weird contradiction on your part.

I didn't act like an expert either, but guess everybody sounds like that to people on your level...

Gobsmacked

Bench
I spoke exclusively about population bases... So I don't know WTF you're on going on about 'territories' for. Thanks for proving that you didn't understand what I said BTW.

It is interesting that you talk about 'the Territories around Brisbane', then proceed to claim that 'nobody anywhere in Brisbane is in anyway territorial'. The fact that you refer to such a thing as 'territories' of Brisbane suggests that people in Brisbane are 'territorial', so that's a weird contradiction on your part.

I didn't act like an expert either, but guess everybody sounds like that to people on your level...
Omg 🤦‍♂️
Anyway
Go Queensland 🥳