What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Im not fic ing talking about vlandys, im talking about norths bears and easts tigers twit
Dont be so sure. Depends on the conditions of the license. 6-6 game split and they'd jump at it if they think its their only chance. And the NRL is dumb enough to think its a good idea!

Wb1234

Referee
Im not fic ing talking about vlandys, im talking about norths bears and easts tigers twit
“Cairns has been mentioned, but there is not a set destination.
“We have to investigate whether a PNG team could be part of a joint venture with other entities like North Sydney Bears or the Brisbane Tigers.”

Vlandys words

you want someone to explain that to you buddy

lmao even Perth red gets it

Wb1234

Referee
Dont worry I'll be here long after you've gone. When you jumping ship back to AFL?
If posting bs for 20 years gives you joy more power to you

I just want to enjoy the current boom the game is experiencing

you deathrided the dolphins …. Massive success

now you’re doing the same with png

MugaB

Coach
Dont be so sure. Depends on the conditions of the license. 6-6 game split and they'd jump at it if they think its their only chance. And the NRL is dumb enough to think its a good idea!
No they wont, we both know these two clubs are looking at more than a 6-6 split, no way are they going to travel the pacific without that licence, its the same as perth and the bears stalemate.. having those two clubs involved already overcomplicates, an already complicated Pasifika set up

MugaB

Coach
“Cairns has been mentioned, but there is not a set destination.
“We have to investigate whether a PNG team could be part of a joint venture with other entities like North Sydney Bears or the Brisbane Tigers.”

Vlandys words

you want someone to explain that to you buddy

lmao even Perth red gets it
Fuc your dull.... i wasnt talking about PVLs quote...
Im talking about what easts tigers want, and what the bears want, just coz pvl says we want the arlc to look at it, doesn't mean they both have agreed to anything, and im already saying they wont, coz they cannot hold the license... Vlandys has made it clear that PNG/Pasifika side of the venture will hold that licence.... do you now get it?

Wb1234

Referee
Fuc your dull.... i wasnt talking about PVLs quote...
Im talking about what easts tigers want, and what the bears want, just coz pvl says we want the arlc to look at it, doesn't mean they both have agreed to anything, and im already saying they wont, coz they cannot hold the license... Vlandys has made it clear that PNG/Pasifika side of the venture will hold that licence.... do you now get it?
This forum is full of Nostradamus clones

maybe pvl knows a bit more than you

the team has to be based in Australia and Brisbane is better than cairns

plus easts have money so there’s that

Perth Red

Post Whore
No they wont, we both know these two clubs are looking at more than a 6-6 split, no way are they going to travel the pacific without that licence, its the same as perth and the bears stalemate.. having those two clubs involved already overcomplicates, an already complicated Pasifika set up
Im not saying its a good idea!
But if NRL say to them 6-6 games and on top of the NRl grant you're getting an extra $15mil a year from Govt you think they wouldn't be falling over themselves to sign on the dotted line? All the time knowing at some point it will go tits up and theyll just move FT to the location of their chooisng? That is literally the ideal scenario for NS!

Interestingly Vlandys used different words, he didnt say 'owned' by PNG. Deliberate or just coincidence?

MugaB

Coach

But they wont hold the license, what part of that aren't you getting!!!!
MartyMcOuch.gif
Theyll be forever playing in png...
Norths and Easts are only interested if they can own this NRL club, PVL has already stated this wont happen that the license will be with PNG

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore

Why is Brisbane better than Cairns when it increases flying time significantly for 'home' games?

MugaB

Coach
Im not saying its a good idea!
But if NRL say to them 6-6 games and on top of the NRl grant you're getting an extra $15mil a year from Govt you think they wouldn't be falling over themselves to sign on the dotted line? All the time knowing at some point it will go tits up and theyll just move FT to the location of their chooisng?
Again going tits up, Png/Pacifica hold this license, easts go back to being easts in qrl

MugaB

Coach
Why is Brisbane better than Cairns when it increases flying time significantly for 'home' games?
Direct flight to png from cairns was 1h 20mins, brisbane to png was over 3 hrs, it would be far worse from sydney... its the only reason Cairns is involved, plus the mayor has been campaigning for a joint bid to boost tourism in FNQ

Perth Red

Post Whore
Again going tits up, Png/Pacifica hold this license, easts go back to being easts in qrl
He used interesting words "spearheaded by PNG". No mention of them owning the license. If NRL wanst Tigers or Bears involved to mitigate risk then in reality they will want to hold the license and the NRl in all likelihood will agree, with a PNGRL representation on the board of the new club. Thats the way I see it IF NRL feels there NEEDS to be an Australian club involved. And given corruption in PNG and recent infighting in PNGRL I wouldnt be surprised if they do.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Anyone else seeing Ricky Gervais in The Office when they read this?

“We have been doing some preliminary work behind the scenes on expansion, but we are ready to go into ‘Turbo Charge’ mode.
“The ARL Commission has this new saying when we are investigating something … the project will be turbo-charged.

Wb1234

Referee
But they wont hold the license, what part of that aren't you getting!!!!
Theyll be forever playing in png
They might it might be a jv

Brisbane might want up to six home games too

price to pay for having a rich backer
attracting players to Brisbane is easier than regional cairns

Wayne bennett lives there

eats have 50 million in assets

Wb1234

Referee
Anyone else seeing Ricky Gervais in The Office when they read this?

“We have been doing some preliminary work behind the scenes on expansion, but we are ready to go into ‘Turbo Charge’ mode.
“The ARL Commission has this new saying when we are investigating something … the project will be turbo-charged.
20 team comp by 2032 is what he said he’s aiming for so yeh

Perth Red

Post Whore

But I thought you said Australian Govt was funding it all for evermore, why would they need Easts assets?

If anyone it will be Bellyache that the new club goes after as inaugural coach.

MugaB

Coach

Don't need it, as aus govt is footing the bill anyways

MugaB

Coach
He used interesting words "spearheaded by PNG". No mention of them owning the license. If NRL wanst Tigers or Bears involved to mitigate risk then in reality they will want to hold the license and the NRl in all likelihood will agree, with a PNGRL representation on the board of the new club. Thats the way I see it IF NRL feels there NEEDS to be an Australian club involved. And given corruption in PNG and recent infighting in PNGRL I wouldnt be surprised if they do.
Touche'... i read it as owned when i originally saw it..
I wouldn't be giving these guys the keys to Ferrari, it'll end up parked in their backyard

Vee

First Grade
Qld govt are upgrading barlow park for the Olympics, not sure what exactly is involved, but its one of the 17 venues they are investing in
Nothing that helps NRL, all cosmetic stuff, no extra stands or anything useful. Not even removing the track.