What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Bring Back The Bears
Four rounds remaining in the NSW Cup, the Bears play the Knights (away), the Roosters (home), the Panthers (home) and the Raiders (home).
#your18thteam View attachment 77491
Good signs for the Warriors with them being right up there. Not sure of the finals format in the NSW Cup but I imagine something like two losses in a row will see the Bears crash out of the finals in their usual fashion. ;) ;)

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
Well done Souths, great commitment to growing the game in WA. Everyone can see Perth is a no brainer, can Vlandys??
Souths are priceless given the fact they could really be almost considered Oz`s only professional sporting club in any code that is so strongly associated with our Indigenous population, in fact they are gold for our national competition. I`m not surprised they are over there as they could have a lot to gain from League taking off in W.A. with its` large Aboriginal population.
Unbelievable in hindsight how we could have lost them.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Good signs for the Warriors with them being right up there. Not sure of the finals format in the NSW Cup but I imagine something like two losses in a row will see the Bears crash out of the finals in their usual fashion. ;) ;)
Hopefully not this season as the Roosters haven’t really given us any players this season, I remember when Souths were our feeder club they just took out all of their contracted players when the NRL finals series’ hit and it was game over for the Bears.
Hopefully all of the NRL clubs do that this year.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Souths are priceless given the fact they could really be almost considered Oz`s only professional sporting club in any code that is so strongly associated with our Indigenous population, in fact they are gold for our national competition. I`m not surprised they are over there as they could have a lot to gain from League taking off in W.A. with its` large Aboriginal population.
Unbelievable in hindsight how we could have lost them.
It'd be nice to see more work with our first nations communities for sure in the West. Not surprisingly now Twiggy forrest is bankrolling that other rugby they are very active in that space all of a sudden.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Do they mean third party contracts?

How would the SMH know this?

Unless they've uncovered more evidence of Storm cap cheating.
article is paywalled, does it say whose sponsoring him? Another govt hand out or actual companies in PNG?

Canard

Immortal
So, Olam is the richest player in the NRL, and billion dollar American companies would cut each other throat to sponsor an NRL team.

But, the PNG Hunters and RL survive on Australian Taxpayers money.

If I was cynical, I would say that's very poorly researched journalism.

Canard

Immortal
And if PNG is just shitting money left and right, why don't they sponsor and finance their own bid? Instead of fleecing the Aussie taxpayer?

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
It'd be nice to see more work with our first nations communities for sure in the West. Not surprisingly now Twiggy forrest is bankrolling that other rugby they are very active in that space all of a sudden.
My son did some volunteer work in western N.S.W. working with Aboriginal and other disadvantaged communities, he told me it was all Latrell Mitchell and Cody Walker at all the schools he visited, the other rugby has nothing like that.

Latest posts