What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

shewi6

Juniors
Did anyone watch this or know if there is a clip online?
But more importantly, did they say anything intelligent and worth listening to?
Only watch channel 9 four times a year obviously so not sure what experts they even have on their footy shows these days.

Wb1234

Referee
Did anyone watch this or know if there is a clip online?
But more importantly, did they say anything intelligent and worth listening to?
Only watch channel 9 four times a year obviously so not sure what experts they even have on their footy shows these days.
I did

it was like a minute

Gus made fun of the double header in his way

Nuke

Staff member
I did

it was like a minute

Gus made fun of the double header in his way
Maybe because Bulldogs aren't involved this time, therefore get none of the cut of the profit.
Gus has, if I recall, been in favour of League expanding to Perth in the past.

shewi6

Juniors
Anyway with regards to the double header on Saturday I have been checking the ticket sales almost daily because I'm boring like that.

It seems that the lower two bowls are sold out and the corporate side is sold out i believe from earlier articles.
Leaving just the upper tier which keeps opening up more bays for sale and is currently about two-thirds open (dont know about camera side, probably hasn't been on sale at all) and seems to have 75% of available seats sold.

So thinking 45k crowd at the minimum. The appetite for NRL in Perth imo is proven and it would be stupid not to give them the 18th team

Pneuma

First Grade
Anyway with regards to the double header on Saturday I have been checking the ticket sales almost daily because I'm boring like that.

It seems that the lower two bowls are sold out and the corporate side is sold out i believe from earlier articles.
Leaving just the upper tier which keeps opening up more bays for sale and is currently about two-thirds open (dont know about camera side, probably hasn't been on sale at all) and seems to have 75% of available seats sold.

So thinking 45k crowd at the minimum. The appetite for NRL in Perth imo is proven and it would be stupid not to give them the 18th team
Stop providing competent analysis and common sense. It doesn’t belong here. You need to be either irrationally for or against a Perth team and post your poorly thought out opinions over 100 times I’m afraid.

shewi6

Juniors
Stop providing competent analysis and common sense. It doesn’t belong here. You need to be either irrationally for or against a Perth team and post your poorly thought out opinions over 100 times I’m afraid.
My bad haha

Kick out the Broncos from the NRL and bring in Perth immediately!!!
Brisbane can't get 60k to an origin game while Perth can, are the NRL stupid!!!

Is that better...

jim_57

Staff member
Are the double header or any further NRL games in Perth confirmed past this season? If it gets anything like the crowd being predicted I can see it coming back regularly, especially with the WA government on the hunt for an NRL team.

If Perth ever gets a team it might be worth looking at playing an ‘event’ game at Optus each year. Maybe before AFL starts or during Gather round.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Basically what i expected.
People who have no idea about what is actually going on beyond the headline/question and couldn't provide any insight to the situation at hand.
Yep, clueless fckwits who have no idea whats going on outside Sydney. We shouldn't have expected anything else.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Im surprised I have to say. I was expecting 30-35k and would have been pleased at that big a crowd for NRl games in Perth.
If we get over 45k its massive. Feels a bit like 2012 when there was a real buzz here that we could an NRL team in 2013 before that bubble got burst.
Not that it'll make any difference. we've had big crowds for last ten plus years turn up.

Pneuma

First Grade
Are the double header or any further NRL games in Perth confirmed past this season? If it gets anything like the crowd being predicted I can see it coming back regularly, especially with the WA government on the hunt for an NRL team.

If Perth ever gets a team it might be worth looking at playing an ‘event’ game at Optus each year. Maybe before AFL starts or during Gather round.
I just wish they’d announce a Perth side and get on with it.

shewi6

Juniors
Im surprised I have to say. I was expecting 30-35k and would have been pleased at that big a crowd for NRl games in Perth.
If we get over 45k its massive. Feels a bit like 2012 when there was a real buzz here that we could an NRL team in 2013 before that bubble got burst.
Not that it'll make any difference. we've had big crowds for last ten plus years turn up.
Yeh it's crazy they haven't got a team or at least getting very positive signals from the NRL.
I'm more hopeful than ever now though considering the strong public wa government support and who knows what they are doing behind the scenes.

Honestly I have been supporting and following the progress of a Perth team since souths first started taking games there in 2005 i think it was, I can't imagine how frustrating it been for WA fans lol ( it's been frustrating for me and I'm a bunnies fan from outback qld)
The only thing I was dissapointed with was the dropping of the reds branding, really don't like the cartoonish pirates brand.

MugaB

Coach
I just wish they’d announce a Perth side and get on with it.
Probably for '28 release, again they won't have the quality in their local depth.. so unless we want a perth team who struggles to attract players from elsewhere and has to rely on those local products we'll be wasting a licence, yes they have the population and crowds who seem to be interested,
But its not going to win them games and keep them competitive... if they want to be no.18, link up with the Bears asap.. atleast then you want be at loggerheads with them vying for the no.20 licence

MugaB

Coach
Yeh it's crazy they haven't got a team or at least getting very positive signals from the NRL.
I'm more hopeful than ever now though considering the strong public wa government support and who knows what they are doing behind the scenes.

Honestly I have been supporting and following the progress of a Perth team since souths first started taking games there in 2005 i think it was, I can't imagine how frustrating it been for WA fans lol ( it's been frustrating for me and I'm a bunnies fan from outback qld)
The only thing I was dissapointed with was the dropping of the reds branding, really don't like the cartoonish pirates brand.
Reds was a great brand, suited perth to a tee

Latest posts