What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

The Great Dane

First Grade
Wishing that you are doesn’t mean that you are.

You have inadvertently addressed the problem that Melbourne has. There is a certain arrogance about how it perceives itself.
There was nothing inadvertent about it. That was literally the point I was making lol.

Melbourne likes to pretend that it's comparable to e.g. Paris, London, Rome, etc, but it's not and probably never will be.

Last edited:

The Great Dane

First Grade
I care more than I should. Destruction of brl is tragedy of the game that nrl can somewhat correct by inclusion of strongest former brl teams.
We're going to need a much bigger competition if we're going to include even a fraction of the teams around the country whom fell by the wayside as a result of the NSWRL's growth outside of Sydney.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ch9 comment take with a pinch of salt, he might well have been asked by the brisbane reporter
”do you think another brisbane team would add more viewers in brisbane?” In which case his answer is obvious.

what he should have asked was “how much would ch9 pay for a third brisbane team given you paid nothing for the dolphins admission?”

Melbourne is a beautiful city. Its temperate climate is great for European plants and farming. The wilful ignorance and arrogance of some of its residents is the reason I won't go there. I've met my fair share of Victorians who thought they were superior to everyone else in the country.

The F1 Grand Prix was better when it was held in Adelaide. The old Adelaide circuit had more charm.

The Australian Open shouldn't be in Melbourne. Temperatures reach 40 degrees in January. Terrible for players. The heat is dry as hell, too. Melbourne hasn't produced a grand slam champion in decades. Our most recent grand slam champions are Barty (QLD), Stosur (QLD), Hewitt (SA), Rafter (QLD) and Cash (NSW).

Ch9 comment take with a pinch of salt, he might well have been asked by the brisbane reporter
”do you think another brisbane team would add more viewers in brisbane?” In which case his answer is obvious.

what he should have asked was “how much would ch9 pay for a third brisbane team given you paid nothing for the dolphins admission?”

That's a bit far fetched.

Fordham is the Head of Strategy for Wide World of Sport and said "we" instead of "I". That means he was speaking on behalf of the company.

Gould and Gallen advocated for a third Brisbane team, too. They work for Ch9 and made their statement on the company's platform.

Pippen94

First Grade
Melbourne is a beautiful city. Its temperate climate is great for European plants and farming. The wilful ignorance and arrogance of some of its residents is the reason I won't go there. I've met my fair share of Victorians who thought they were superior to everyone else in the country.

The F1 Grand Prix was better when it was held in Adelaide. The old Adelaide circuit had more charm.

The Australian Open shouldn't be in Melbourne. Temperatures reach 40 degrees in January. Terrible for players. The heat is dry as hell, too. Melbourne hasn't produced a grand slam champion in decades. Our most recent grand slam champions are Barty (QLD), Stosur (QLD), Hewitt (SA), Rafter (QLD) and Cash (NSW).

Pretty sure pat cash was from Melbourne

Pippen94

First Grade

Sure

The Great Dane

First Grade
Don't let the fact i never said that stop u from talking shi..
I know you didn't say that. Blokes like you don't even realise just how many competitions and storied clubs around the country have be decimated by the NSWRL/ARL/NRL's slow growth out of Sydney. I was just being more inclusive lol.

RedVee_8

Juniors
We seem to have moved on from PNG being the best team?

Maybe best to promise them a spot in 2030 (whenever) as a part of the 19 & 20 allocation. The Aust & PNG Governments can use the extra time to improve the infrastructure and pathways.

I’ve always been a little surprised that the Albo Govt have been so gung ho on this. In the past Aussie Govts have been wary ? vigilant ? about Visa’s and those they consider likely to stay after expiration.
Perhaps part of this PNG for NRL push is a relaxation on PNG migration? I assume the deal is multi layered?
Sorry if this is too political.

Wb1234

Immortal
We seem to have moved on from PNG being the best team?

Maybe best to promise them a spot in 2030 (whenever) as a part of the 19 & 20 allocation. The Aust & PNG Governments can use the extra time to improve the infrastructure and pathways.

I’ve always been a little surprised that the Albo Govt have been so gung ho on this. In the past Aussie Govts have been wary ? vigilant ? about Visa’s and those they consider likely to stay after expiration.
Perhaps part of this PNG for NRL push is a relaxation on PNG migration? I assume the deal is multi layered?
Sorry if this is too political.
Shorten introduced the policy then lost the unlosesble election. So it’s been labor policy for a while

Latest posts