What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Colk

First Grade
We have our own culture and it shits all over the rest of the world. Aussie humour is much funnier than the sterile crap that comes out of America. England ain't too bad, but it's not as edgy. Barry Humphries and Kevin Bloody Wilson are the funniest blokes that have ever lived.

Steve Irwin is a household name around the world, despite being dead for 17 years. He did more to get kids interested in conserving wildlife than the "cultured" Europeans and Americans.

Aussie lingo has taken the world by storm. The term "selfie" was invented in Australia. It's now used worldwide.

Greater Brisbane does have forests. Mount Nebo and Mount Glorious are in the City of Moreton Bay. There's more bushland on the south side, too. Down here in Logan there's plenty of bushland and wetlands.

No country has a greater array of unique fauna and flora than Australia.

1. Yeah nah on the first point. Our music, art and film is generally poor and so is our ‘comedy’. Seriously Kevin Bloody Wilson. At least pick somebody funny to illustrate your point.

We just don’t have the history and culture in our cities - that’s just inarguable. That’s just symptomatic of the fact that our cities are maybe 200 years old tops and other cities are 500, 1,000 and 2,000 years and older. There is just going to be more to see. Things that are of greater cultural and historical significance.I just don’t see how or why that is a controversial point.

2. Steve Irwin sure.

3. That’s great picking one word. I wouldn’t equate one word to taking the world by storm.

4. There you go. The only thing to see in greater Brisbane then.

5. That’s the greatest thing about our country. It ain’t the cities. It’s the natural environment surrounding the cities.

Colk

First Grade
Perth has the world's largest Centrelink and drug rehabilitation clinic.

Ikea's Superstore at Springwood was the largest in the southern hemisphere at the time it was constructed.

When constructed, this was the largest IKEA store in the Southern Hemisphere.​

Seriously mate who gives a f***.

Having a large furniture store is nothing to gloat about - whether it was the biggest or is the biggest.in the southern hemisphere. It’s literally a nothing.

Wb1234

Referee
That’s not the place though is it, that’s you partying.

I have gone drinking at every Australian city but they are dull. It’s ok to admit that Australian cities aren’t particularly interesting or exciting.
I partied in London Manchester and Leeds

it’s you buddy

maybe give fannies another visit

1. Yeah nah on the first point. Our music, art and film is generally poor and so is our ‘comedy’. Seriously Kevin Bloody Wilson. At least pick somebody funny to illustrate your point.

Who do you find funny?

The only American who makes me laugh is Eddie Murphy. His funniest routines were from the 1980s and involve languages that cannot be used anymore.

Humour is subjective. I like edgy and dark humour.

Housos is the funniest TV show I've ever seen. The Yanks and Poms cannot produce that sort of humour.

I love Kevin Bloody Wilson's songs and jokes.

We just don’t have the history and culture in our cities - that’s just inarguable. That’s just symptomatic of the fact that our cities are maybe 200 years old tops and other cities are 500, 1,000 and 2,000 years and older. There is just going to be more to see. Things that are of greater cultural and historical significance.I just don’t see how or why that is a controversial point.

I'm fascinated by local history. I love reading up on how each suburb in the greater Brisbane area was formed. Reading up on the BRL always intrigues me.

2. Steve Irwin sure.

I know a woman from Hungary who chose to relocate to Brisbane because she fell in love with Steve Irwin's work. Kids all over America loved him.

Another Aussie institution that took the world by storm is The Wiggles.

You underestimate the success Australians have had on the global atage. Other countries have great artists performers, but we have more than our fair share for a small country of 26m.

3. That’s great picking one word. I wouldn’t equate one word to taking the world by storm.

The one thing everyone in the world does when they travel is take a "selfie". It's one of the most used words in the English language. Invented right here in Australia.

Plenty of inventions are from Australia. The lawn mower. The clothesline. Airflight blackbox. The ute. We're a great country.

4. There you go. The only thing to see in greater Brisbane then.

There's plenty of things to see in Brisbane. If you like art then you've got QPAC. South Bank. Southern Moreton Bay Islands. Rainforests. Koalas. Kangaroos. Wallabies. Bull sharks. Dolphins. Most importantly of all, you can see a professional rugby league game played live in front of huge audiences at the world's best rugby league stadium!

5. That’s the greatest thing about our country. It ain’t the cities. It’s the natural environment surrounding the cities.
That's why I love Brisbane. Especially Logan and Redlands. It has the best of both worlds.

Colk sounds like a lot of fun at parties

can you imagine him and Perth red at a party just talking about how a Perth nrl team will make the nrl as big as afl
If he doesn't find Kevin Bloody Wilson funny then he doesn't have a sense of humour.

Here's one of his best jokes.

There's even a pun aimed at Redfern in it!

Canard

Immortal
If he doesn't find Kevin Bloody Wilson funny then he doesn't have a sense of humour.

Here's one of his best jokes.

There's even a pun aimed at Redfern in it!
Firstly that's not a joke, it's a really piss poor comedy cover song mixed with some hardcore racism.

If your going to show your Boomer credentials surely "Hey Santa Claus" or My Australian "Roots" would be a better pick for someone who was on my mildly popular 40 years ago.

mongoose

Coach
Who do you find funny?

The only American who makes me laugh is Eddie Murphy. His funniest routines were from the 1980s and involve languages that cannot be used anymore.

Humour is subjective. I like edgy and dark humour.

Housos is the funniest TV show I've ever seen. The Yanks and Poms cannot produce that sort of humour.

I love Kevin Bloody Wilson's songs and jokes.

I'm fascinated by local history. I love reading up on how each suburb in the greater Brisbane area was formed. Reading up on the BRL always intrigues me.

I know a woman from Hungary who chose to relocate to Brisbane because she fell in love with Steve Irwin's work. Kids all over America loved him.

Another Aussie institution that took the world by storm is The Wiggles.

You underestimate the success Australians have had on the global atage. Other countries have great artists performers, but we have more than our fair share for a small country of 26m.

The one thing everyone in the world does when they travel is take a "selfie". It's one of the most used words in the English language. Invented right here in Australia.

Plenty of inventions are from Australia. The lawn mower. The clothesline. Airflight blackbox. The ute. We're a great country.

There's plenty of things to see in Brisbane. If you like art then you've got QPAC. South Bank. Southern Moreton Bay Islands. Rainforests. Koalas. Kangaroos. Wallabies. Bull sharks. Dolphins. Most importantly of all, you can see a professional rugby league game played live in front of huge audiences at the world's best rugby league stadium!

That's why I love Brisbane. Especially Logan and Redlands. It has the best of both worlds.
You have to be a troll, surely...

Pippen94

First Grade
You have convinced me with those two. I am on the next flight up there 🤣🤣🤣.

You can dolphin or go whale watching in several places across Australia - that’s not unique.

I’ll give you the rainforests (they are great) but that is not Brisbane.

Brisbane is the embodiment of vanilla - it’s simply dull. Again though that’s cities in Australia mate - we don’t have the art, architecture, history and culture of other cities around the world. Brisbane isn’t any different.

cultural cringe..when mlb came here they were gushing about the scg heritage stands. Swans fans here want to knock them down for a mini MCG. Some ppl have an inferiority complex when it comes to Australia..

Pippen94

First Grade
Perth has the world's largest Centrelink and drug rehabilitation clinic.

Ikea's Superstore at Springwood was the largest in the southern hemisphere at the time it was constructed.

When constructed, this was the largest IKEA store in the Southern Hemisphere.​

Ppl here missing point deliberately; south Brisbane huge growth area hence huge retail outlets. NRL should go there next.

Pippen94

First Grade
Yeah Birmingham is bleak. I don’t like LA and San Francisco was fairly ordinary.

You are right about Australian cities being safe and relatively clean.

You have convinced me with those two. I am on the next flight up there 🤣🤣🤣.

You can dolphin or go whale watching in several places across Australia - that’s not unique.

I’ll give you the rainforests (they are great) but that is not Brisbane.

Brisbane is the embodiment of vanilla - it’s simply dull. Again though that’s cities in Australia mate - we don’t have the art, architecture, history and culture of other cities around the world. Brisbane isn’t any different.

Lots of interesting architecture in LA from suburban trailer style & bungalows to high end modernist. Sydney school of architecture some of the most interesting in the world.