What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Maximus

Coach
Why do these 2 constantly spread this bullshit narrative that everyone thought a 2nd Brisbane team would be a failure? Is it because they can't actually argue against what people say, so they have to create an argument to win against?

The Great Dane

First Grade
Why do these 2 constantly spread this bullshit narrative that everyone thought a 2nd Brisbane team would be a failure? Is it because they can't actually argue against what people say, so they have to create an argument to win against?
They genuinely don't understand a significant portion of the arguments that are presented in any subject, especially if there's any nuance in them at all, but for the most part it's exactly that.

They aren't the only ones either... Each generation seems to be more ignorant than the last, and tribalism has become the dominant epistemology in our society by far.

mongoose

Coach
I expressed some concerns about the Dolphins, mainly to do with them playing games at their shitty little suburban dump that no one outside of the moreton bay area would ever travel to . I never once said they will be a failure or that Brisbane shouldn't have 2 or even 3 teams....

Perth Red

Post Whore
Dane Perth red mongoose colk maximus bukkaski etc all said it should be Perth

Perth red said brisbane already had a team so it wasn’t needed

now a year later everyone says brisbane 2 was obvious
believing the game should bring in new markets over more in existing ones isnt the same as saying brisbane2 would fail!
I amongst others felt Dolphins werent the best choice, not that they would be a failure.
Its a myth that you and others like to keep perpetuating

Brisbane2 was obvious and should never have been cut, juts like Perth, Gold Coast and Adelaide

Dane Perth red mongoose colk maximus bukkaski etc all said it should be Perth

Perth red said brisbane already had a team so it wasn’t needed

now a year later everyone says brisbane 2 was obvious

I remember Perth Red saying Brisbane shouldn't have a second team in 2020.

Dane said a second team needed to be a "neutral" brand called the Sawfish.

mongoose wasn't as pessimistic as Dane and Perth Red, but laughed at the suggestion of Brisbane having more than 2 clubs within the next 30 years.

Look at what I found:

Firehawks are a genuine brisbane city based club already have that, dolphins who everyone will see as a Redcliffe club will struggle Imo. Be like moving manly to sfs, calling them Sydney sea-eagles and expecting crowds to flock to them.

Yes it makes it easier for the 12-15k to go but no suburban based team in this country is drawing 20k plus crowds in any code. If Brisbane2 wants the resources to compete it will need a big attending fanbase. That means a city wide appeal playing at Suncorp

Any new Brisbane team has to be able to attract from a much broader geographical area, and especially within a 25km radius of Suncorp than either a Moreton bay or Ipswich focussed club.

Just pointing out that a big part of their success is due to the eagles being at capacity, something that isnt the case in Brisbane with the Broncos so there wont be the knock on effect of instant popularity for the new club in the same way as Freo enjoy

The irony is the Dolphins averaged more fans through the gate than the Dockers, despite Perth Red predicting they wouldn't have the same sort of "instant popularity".

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
believing the game should bring in new markets over more in existing ones isnt the same as saying brisbane2 would fail!
I amongst others felt Dolphins werent the best choice, not that they would be a failure.
Its a myth that you and others like to keep perpetuating

Brisbane2 was obvious and should never have been cut, juts like Perth, Gold Coast and Adelaide
So you were wrong … again
Look at what I found:

danes comments were way worse

mongoose

Coach
I remember Perth Red saying Brisbane shouldn't have a second team in 2020.

Dane said a second team needed to be a "neutral" brand called the Sawfish.

mongoose wasn't as pessimistic as Dane and Perth Red, but laughed at the suggestion of Brisbane having more than 2 clubs within the next 30 years.
if you discount the Crushers who were around for 5 minutes it's taken 35 years for Brisbane to have 2 teams. Is it that inconceivable that we might not see another one for another 30 years?