What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Hah coming from the whinger with three clubs on his doorstep who he won’t support and is demanding a fourth, who he still won’t support!
Let's get rid of the English Super League and replace it with 2 "neutral" clubs in the NRL. You would be the first one to whinge about that scenario you whiny bitch.

You're jealous of Brisbane because it's a true rugby league mega city. Something Perth and Hull will never be.

That’s why there is no big public whooha around a perth bid this time around. People spent a lot of money on the Reds/Pirates bid proposal, fans voted with their wallets and feet and govt spent $125mill upgrading the stadium, just for nrl to say nah Not expanding. Until the nrl decide location people are just pssing in the wind.

That pile of shit cost $125m?

Does Western Australia not have any skilled architects and builders?

The ground looks like it was made out of Lego.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
Well the NRL told Central Coast Bears fans to vote with their feet if they wanted a team, we did.
They virtually said the same to Perth, they have also.
Yet because PNG have Govt backing, they can slip in the back door without proving themselves on any level.
NRL hierarchy are a bunch of hypocrites, it doesn’t matter who is in charge.
Bears had their chance to link up with either png or Perth and both have rejected their outlandish demands

if the bears don’t come back in after vlandys told the Perth people to talk to the bears it’s their own fault

they don’t need to own the bid or maybe own no more than a minority share

png has shown it can do this via the hunters and the pacific cup

Last edited:
Perth can be involved in joint venture
Southern Marlins
Or Southern orcas
Perth can get f**ked. It's a backwards shithole full of hillbillies and dumbarse rejects from the east coast who cannot afford to live in Brisbane or Sydney. No one of value wants to live in that wasteland.

Bears had their chance to link up with either png or Perth and both have rejected their outlandish demands

if true bears don’t come back in after vlandys told the Perth people to talk to the bears it’s their own fault

they don’t need to own the bid or maybe own no more than a minority shares
I don't blame them for not wanting to be associated with Perth.

Centy Coast

Juniors
I

if the bears don’t come back in after vlandys told the Perth people to talk to the bears it’s their own fault

they don’t need to own the bid or maybe own no more than a minority share

png has shown it can do this via the hunters and the pacific cup
I was talking about back between 2011-2014 for the Bears, in recent times yes the Bears demands are ridiculous to Perth etc.
PNG hasn’t shown it can do anything until they play a top level NRL game at their Stadium.
My question ?, why hasn’t any NRL club ever taken a game over to PNG ?.

Wb1234

Referee
I

I was talking about back between 2011-2014 for the Bears, in recent times years the Bears demands are ridiculous to Perth etc.
PNG hasn’t shown it can do anything until they play a top level NRL game at their Stadium.
How’s qld cup any different ? Or a test match

Bukowski

Juniors
I

I was talking about back between 2011-2014 for the Bears, in recent times yes the Bears demands are ridiculous to Perth etc.
No one has put their money up for it.

blue bags

First Grade
20 team NRL
Pasifika Bear's 🐻
Brisbane 3
Southern orcas
That covers all Australia. Pacific islands
NZ . Papua New Guinea
This would catered all juniors. Fans . Major cities population's. Islands.
All juniors in the south oceanic Pacific area would have opportunities chances for the NRL

Centy Coast

Juniors
Two of my sons close friends, one with Wynnum Manly the other with the Tweed Heads Seagulls played in the QLD Cup against the Hunters at Port Moresby last season.
Qld Cup is totally different.
As for Test matches they are also different, they are one off games, not competition games.

Last edited:

Centy Coast

Juniors
I'd hate to see how few people attend PRS on a cold rainy night. Perth is a disaster waiting to happen.
Atm we will never know, PNG is the supposed frontrunner, what happens when their fans can’t afford to attend matches?.
Will the fans start rioting ?, how will they handle having to pay to attend NRL matches ?, will matches be discounted so the fans can attend.
You’d like to think that the local Govt would look after such passionate fans but why would they start now ?.
Imagine a Government doing the right thing by its people instead of for itself, yeah that’s not going to happen.

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
Atm we will never know, PNG is the supposed frontrunner, what happens when their fans can’t afford to attend matches?.
Will the fans start rioting ?, how will they handle having to pay to attend NRL matches ?, will matches be discounted so the fans can attend.
You’d like to think that the local Govt would look after such passionate fans but why would they start now ?.
Imagine a Government doing the right thing by its people instead of for itself, yeah that’s not going to happen.
You know there’s a professional bid being put together to answer any of those questions

and you haven’t explained how staging tests and qld cup games ismt proof of concept

Bukowski

Juniors
No we know what perth criwds will be like on at child nights due to history . A game that is remembered here due to the horrific injury to Jharel Yow Yeh was played in torrential rain and was either sold out or very close too it.
We know Perth people will turn out.

20 team NRL
Pasifika Bear's 🐻
Brisbane 3
Southern orcas
That covers all Australia. Pacific islands
NZ . Papua New Guinea
This would catered all juniors. Fans . Major cities population's. Islands.
All juniors in the south oceanic Pacific area would have opportunities chances for the NRL
It also leaves Perth Red pissed off. It has my approval. Make it happen.

There are a lot of logistical issues with a PNG/Pasifika team. Without Gov funding it has no chance of working. With Gov funding it has a a chance of working.

If PNG is given the 18th licence and becomes a disaster for the NRL then V'landys and Albo will probably lose their jobs.

I'd like to know how much the private sector is willing to invest in the team. If there are mining magnates willing to sponsor the club then there's a chance it will work.

No we know what perth criwds will be like on at child nights due to history . A game that is remembered here due to the horrific injury to Jharel Yow Yeh was played in torrential rain and was either sold out or very close too it.
We know Perth people will turn out.

It's silly using crowds for stand alone events to argue a Perth-based team will generate strong attendances.

NSWRL games in the 80s and 90s drew strong crowds at the WACA. The Reds didn't after their debut game.

After the excitement of having a "new" team in Perth dies down there will be a decline in attendance. Especially if the club is struggling to win games. It happens to all clubs that aren't heavyweights.

Latest posts