What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Vlad59

Bench
I just have to wait now for his 13 paragraph response on how I missed the point, was completely wrong and just plain stupid.

Pepper in some cringy “sigh”s and more self aggrandising, I’m sure it will finish with a statement on how below him this conversation is and that he shouldn’t waste his time.
I’ve always found you far more tolerant of idiots than me. If he’s cracked you he really is a moron.

Vee

First Grade
Would it do any good to list the number of memberships AND seats sold? X full members @12 games, Y members @6 games, Z members @1 games and give the total?

Just looking for a way to standardise membership numbers.

Vlad59

Bench
Would it do any good to list the number of memberships AND seats sold? X full members @12 games, Y members @6 games, Z members @1 games and give the total?

Just looking for a way to standardise membership numbers.
It’s pointless. Membership is an emotional commitment not necessarily an attendance issue. I pay $200 a year to be a member of my club. My wife buys me a ‘surprise’ jersey for my birthday. My kids do similar and buy me other club crap. It’s about $700 of commitment and I might see one game. Am I not a member?

Canard

Immortal
Taken the emotion out of it, it would be good to see the amount of full season ticket holders.

The Cowboys have actually stated this in the last two years (as full ticketed member), and going by there data (not very scientific) it's about 10k season ticket holders of the 20k "members"

Vlad59

Bench
Taken the emotion out of it, it would be good to see the amount of full season ticket holders.

The Cowboys have actually stated this in the last two years (as full ticketed member), and going by there data (not very scientific) it's about 10k season ticket holders of the 20k "members"
Respectfully then how do you count people like me who love their club but are significantly inhibited from attending games?

Vlad59

Bench
But that’s not how this conversation is being conducted. I can’t afford to fly up and see my team play even monthly. If You live around the corner from the ground. It’s a trifle easier. Not having a shot at you but some here have of
oops no idea. (To finish my modest contribution)

Wb1234

Referee
maybe. But I still don’t understand why these players won’t be discovered/developed unless Brisbane get an extra team?
How did the storm discover all those players the broncos missed

someone like billy slater could easily get missed

But that’s not how this conversation is being conducted. I can’t afford to fly up and see my team play even monthly. If You live around the corner from the ground. It’s a trifle easier. Not having a shot at you but some here have of
Canard lives in Melbourne and supports the Cowboys. I don't know if he actually attends games. He once said people who aren't born in North Queensland cannot be Cowboys fans. He was born in Brisbane.

Canard

Immortal
That's still nothing to do with counting how many full season ticket holders a club has.

Surely you would agree that whilst your modest contribution is valuable it isn't as valuable as an active fan who attends 12 home games a season.

Canard

Immortal
There are plenty of rugby league players from Brisbane that have never played for the Broncos.
Be honest.

In one of your unhinged rage filled rants, you stated that another poster can't be a Rugby League Fan because they chose to live in a city without a team.

I pointed out that this was rather ironic given you "support" a team that's 1500km away in a city you've never even visited, and regular refer to people from this region as "dickheads" and "rednecks". You also actively support another team being placed in their catchment, despite it being tiny and the stupidest idea in RL history.

Last edited:

Vee

First Grade
It’s pointless. Membership is an emotional commitment not necessarily an attendance issue. I pay $200 a year to be a member of my club. My wife buys me a ‘surprise’ jersey for my birthday. My kids do similar and buy me other club crap. It’s about $700 of commitment and I might see one game. Am I not a member?
Absolutely, but isn't my suggestion closer than we are just quoting membership numbers?

mongoose

Coach
maybe. But I still don’t understand why these players won’t be discovered/developed unless Brisbane get an extra team?
yes I'm sceptical there is all this untapped talent across Brisbane being missed by NRL clubs... adding another NRL team may lead to a bit of extra money going into the local grassroots but it's not going to unearth all these brilliant first graders who were lingering in QLD cup or lower...

jim_57

Staff member
How did the storm discover all those players the broncos missed

someone like billy slater could easily get missed

But they were still discovered. There are 2 new SEQ NRL clubs since then. If Broncos, Dolphins & Titans miss them there is still Cowboys, Storm, Raiders and the 10 NSW clubs who all have their eyes on SEQ.

If they all miss a player who has NRL potential then there is the back door way of going through QLD Cup, if they’re good enough they’ll be found.

Wb1234

Referee
But they were still discovered. There are 2 new SEQ NRL clubs since then. If Broncos, Dolphins & Titans miss them there is still Cowboys, Storm, Raiders and the 10 NSW clubs who all have their eyes on SEQ.

If they all miss a player who has NRL potential then there is the back door way of going through QLD Cup, if they’re good enough they’ll be found.
Don’t need non qld teams finding qld talent

another Brisbane side means spots for 30 more pro players

plus the club will increase junior spending