What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Colk

First Grade
There is obviously a trend in how News are reporting expansion. From the back end of last year, there are multiple articles pointing at PNG, Perth and NZ 2 (occasionally as some sort of weird Pacific Frankenstein option) as the next three sides with the Bears involved somewhere.

Depends how you want to view this of course but I have noticed it.

Colk

First Grade
It's not an option, it's a pure brain fart.

We laugh our arses off at Tasmania, yet credibly discuss a town with a smaller population than ate Homebush Stadium?

Mate I agree that it is a brain fart but I’m just pointing out that person has a lot more power than you or I or anybody else.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
There is obviously a trend in how News are reporting expansion. From the back end of last year, there are multiple articles pointing at PNG, Perth and NZ 2 (occasionally as some sort of weird Pacific Frankenstein option) as the next three sides with the Bears involved somewhere.

News ltd throw in the bears every time expansion comes up because they know there are dinosaurs around who will lap it up.

News ltd have got as much clue about expansion as Donkey Wrong

The trend with all media and NRL this off season has been
"Shit. The players have woken up to misbehaving. We need stories! Expansion stories get traction. Make up an Expansion story! Get a quote from Uncle Nick, he's always a story!"

Iamback

Coach

That would be my next 3. I guess the order is up for debate

MugaB

Coach
I don’t agree with that option at all but that car salesman has a bit of a presence.
A very bias billionaire car salesman yes, not that he could change the rules anyway to suit him tho, he has presence, but can't sway anyone barr his own vote

MugaB

Coach
That would be my next 3. I guess the order is up for debate
I still think its PNG, Bears and Perth/nz2
I really feel there's no way bears will find themselves in WA, either party will find some sort of way to fùck it up, which then in turn will just advocate for the bearsto locate themselves somewhere where they wont have that issue (Adelaide/Melbourne)
Thus leaving the no-bid perth and possible south island bid to tough it out for the 20th spot

MugaB

Coach
haha, sure. He's bought any club vote.
Thats incorrect, the club voters are swing votes, you need to have dollar signs pointed at you to get their votes.... AGAIN PR WHATS IN IT FOR ME!!!!
whats in it for the CEO of the sharks, whats in it for Uncle Nick Politis, Whats in it tony metrov,etc etc
What does perth offer to those 17 individuals, or whoever is bidding, thats who'll be next, fk all the media hype, the broadcasters wishes, fan surveys, none if that matters ...only those 17, actually 19 forgot the 2 state votes too, who has the most going for it for those people?

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Thats incorrect, the club voters are swing votes, you need to have dollar signs pointed at you to get their votes.... AGAIN PR WHATS IN IT FOR ME!!!!
whats in it for the CEO of the sharks, whats in it for Uncle Nick Politis, Whats in it tony metrov,etc etc
What does perth offer to those 17 individuals, or whoever is bidding, thats who'll be next, fk all the media hype, the broadcadrers wishes, fan surveys, none if that matters ...only those 17, actually 19 forgot the 2 state votes too
His $5mill grant increase has secured the vote on anything he wants to push through. As long as it isnt hurting the clubs all that moola will have them towing the Vlandys line.
Given the fractious relationship with the 2 states that could be more interesting but its majority not unanimous vote so as long as clubs fall in line not much the states can do.

MugaB

Coach
His $5mill grant increase has secured the vote on anything he wants to push through. As long as it isnt hurting the clubs all that moola will have them towing the Vlandys line.
That grant was purely theirs, it gets upped the more they make, and it will continue to do so, everytime they do well, they make a profit, you forget they earn that money, its not hush, hush payments dumbarse, all revenue gets dispersed, they all had to agree to start investing into those hotels or other assets to futureproof
"the game"...
It also has the upside of lining all the clubs pockets more expansion, equals more income, more content to sell, more revenue, you wonder why all clubs are SOOO eager to get NrlW teams, more revenue, more money, more pie... keep up
Expansion isn't stopping at 20

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
That grant was purely theirs, it gets upped the more they make, and it will continue to do so, everytime they do well, they make a profit, you forget they earn that money, its not hush, hush payments dumbarse, all revenue gets dispersed, they all had to agree to start investing into those hotels or other assets to futureproof
"the game"...
It also has the upside of lining all the clubs pockets more expansion, equals more income, more content to sell, more revenue, you wonder why all clubs are SOOO eager to get NrlW teams, more revenue, more money, more pie... keep up
Expansion isn't stopping at 20
haha, there has never been a single grant increase % like the one just seen (+42%), the NRLs revenue certainly didnt go up by the same % (16%).
Vlandys is a smart operator, he knows buying the clubs, and tv, favour is critical to his reign.

You forget clubs were massively against club 17 admission, even spending money on a report to justify their no expansion position. It wasnt till $5mill was dangled in front of them that they backed off and agreed to it.

MugaB

Coach
haha, there has never been a single grant increase % like the one just seen (+42%), the NRLs revenue certainly didnt go up by the same % (16%).
Vlandys is a smart operator, he knows buying the clubs, and tv, favour is critical to his reign.

You forget clubs were massively against club 17 admission, even spending money on a report to justify their no expansion position. It wasnt till $5mill was dangled in front of them that they backed off and agreed to it.
Lets see if next year, they get a bigger grant shall we? That should confirm what you think is hush, hush money or actual owings to every licenced club, the new structure since greenturds exile, sees every club receive a dividend of profits, everything they make combined goes back to the clubs, im not talking about what each club make themselves from their own game days, anything that the arlc has profited from, Greenberg would have never had any surplus to ever give back, and huge amount of wastage, especially on the admin who run the competition, they forgot Its the Clubs that do the work, they are the game and the asset

Last edited: