What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
No my reply was in relation to how Twiggy Forrest was in control of Rugby in WA. I don’t see how the person in charge of another code in WA would have any impact the chances of a Perth NRL side unless you are can determine a conflict of interest would arise like News Ltd with the second Brisbane side and who they choose.

Unless News Ltd owns a stake in the Western Force or one of the AFL sides, then I don’t see a conflict of interest
if anything it could benefit force if it leads to further upgrading of hbf park, especially the corporate areas.

has to laugh as I drove past the union hq yesterday and saw that perth glory had moved in with them. Sharing with soccer how very low for rugby union lol.

ReddFelon

Juniors
if anything it could benefit force if it leads to further upgrading of hbf park, especially the corporate areas.

has to laugh as I drove past the union hq yesterday and saw that perth glory had moved in with them. Sharing with soccer how very low for rugby union lol.

That's not new, the Wildcats, Glory and Force have shared Floreat for half a decade.

But also the Glory are renting the space from RugbyWA, it's the Force's home office since 2011, Glory have been renting space since 2018, same as the rent the Force's training facilities.

Last edited:

mongoose

Coach
No my reply was in relation to how Twiggy Forrest was in control of Rugby in WA. I don’t see how the person in charge of another code in WA would have any impact the chances of a Perth NRL side unless you are can determine a conflict of interest would arise like News Ltd with the second Brisbane side and who they choose.

Unless News Ltd owns a stake in the Western Force or one of the AFL sides, then I don’t see a conflict of interest

The Executives at News and other such corporations probably came out of GPS schools and favour Rugby (and AFL) over League... League has pretty much wiped the floor with Union in every state and territory that have professional teams with the exception of maybe the ACT where Union is equal at best.
Anyway I'm going down a rabbit hole and speculating... It is madness that League has no real plan to put a side in Perth though

Colk

First Grade
WA government have said they'll put 96mil towards an upgrade if pirates get in
Brilliant. I find it strange that people say that’s there is no interest in getting a side over there. Would that increase the capacity (I think it is about 20k) or are they things like dressing rooms etc

Perth Red

Post Whore
It would be a new west stand, on the left as you Look at that photo I posted. I’d expect it would be mostly corporate facilities but would take stadium up to around 25k. They could Increase the size of the shed reasonably cheaply to add another couple of thousand standing terrace if they choose as well. A 25k capacity would be perfect. The new south stand has been designed to take a roof at some time in the future as well,

Colk

First Grade
It would be a new west stand, on the left as you Look at that photo I posted. I’d expect it would be mostly corporate facilities but would take stadium up to around 25k. They could Increase the size of the shed reasonably cheaply to add another couple of thousand standing terrace if they choose as well. A 25k capacity would be perfect. The new south stand has been designed to take a roof at some time in the future as well,

That’s a perfect size for a new team particularly for non finals games. If they need bigger attendances for finals they could go to Optus. I’ve been to Perth a few times for work - where is the HBF Park?

Hartwood

Juniors
You can really only upgrade half of the west stand though right? Road seems to prevent a full upgrade

News Ltd won't want a third Brisbane team.

NZ 2 isn't a safe option like the Dolphins or Firehawks and it isn't generating a great deal of support from NZ Gov and Sky TV.

WA Gov and some of its richest businessmen have shown a keen interest in RL. It would be crazy to not give the 18th licence to Perth.

It would be great to have a foothold in Australia's 4th largest market.

Perth Red

Post Whore
That’s a perfect size for a new team particularly for non finals games. If they need bigger attendances for finals they could go to Optus. I’ve been to Perth a few times for work - where is the HBF Park?
just north east of cbd. Has a train station very close or you can walk from northbridge where all the bars are in about 15minsD3CD5F52-DE76-480F-9612-88AB9133324F.jpeg

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade
News Ltd won't want a third Brisbane team.

NZ 2 isn't a safe option like the Dolphins or Firehawks and it isn't generating a great deal of support from NZ Gov and Sky TV.

WA Gov and some of its richest businessmen have shown a keen interest in RL. It would be crazy to not give the 18th licence to Perth.

It would be great to have a foothold in Australia's 4th largest market.

In a perfect world Grotd you would move a Sydney club for a second club in NZ or otherwise. A third Brisbane club is a good option if and when the Dolphins and Titans are well established and strong. Qld need and deserve a strong GC and strong Brisbane side.

Colk

First Grade
just north east of cbd. Has a train station very close or you can walk from northbridge where all the bars are in about 15minsView attachment 55372

Don
just north east of cbd. Has a train station very close or you can walk from northbridge where all the bars are in about 15minsView attachment 55372
That’s not a bad location. From my rudimentary knoeledge of Perth I know where the Gardens and St Georges Terrace are so it shouldn’t be too hard to find

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don

That’s not a bad location. From my rudimentary knoeledge of Perth I know where the Gardens and St Georges Terrace are so it shouldn’t be too hard to find
Yeh it’s easy to find. You can jump on a train from perth city station get off next stop and walk 5mins or as I say have a good pub crawl through the city then a short walk to the stadium.

Nuke

Staff member
And it's only a few minutes by train away from Burswood, which is where the 60,000 seater Perth Optus Stadium is located.

Nuke

Staff member
It'd be North Sydney / CC Bears best and only true shot at getting back into the big time.

horrie hastings

First Grade
Yeh it’s easy to find. You can jump on a train from perth city station get off next stop and walk 5mins or as I say have a good pub crawl through the city then a short walk to the stadium.

When i was in Perth last back in 2018 stayed in Northbridge and wandered over to the Brisbane Hotel which had a fantastic beer garden and that was very close to HBF park.

Latest posts