What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
All of the growth in iron ore was the urbanisation of China, that has been completed and with thier population now in decline the current output won't be sustained.
Like all things it's supply and demand that sets the price. Currently supply outstripping demand pushing prices to the downside, this will continue until ore miners at the margin are selling at a loss and stop producing ( Forrest came close once already)

All that aside, it's the expansion of mines that drives a boom/ jobs and migration. I doubt we'll witness an increase in production for at least a couple of decades.
The mining boom is done.
I couldn't really care less about Twiggy but when is business starts haemorrhaging money and he's losing millions every week, cutting expenses is only natural.
Nathan Tinkler and the Nights know only too well.

You don't really seem to learn from your bad calls, you just got burned from your insistence that having the WA government in your corner was a home run 🤦‍♂️
Now it's the exuberant price of one of the mist common elements on earth...

Have at it, you'll see how mining booms end in this country.

And well done in remaining a condescending twat after soooo many bad calls.
Haha, I remember so-called experts telling us when gfc hit the same thing, guess what happened?
China is noted for trying to build its way out of economic down turns. I wouldn’t be cashing in your iron mining shares just yet lol

having McGowan in our corner should have been a home run, as per usual rugba league managed to look a gift horse in the mouth and f**k it up.

your comparing Tinkler and Twiggy? Bless. Twiggy earns more in a year than the nrl brings in revenue lol. Running the force is chump change to him.

Pippen94

First Grade
Haha, I remember so-called experts telling us when gfc hit the same thing, guess what happened?
China is noted for trying to build its way out of economic down turns. I wouldn’t be cashing in your iron mining shares just yet lol

having McGowan in our corner should have been a home run, as per usual rugba league managed to look a gift horse in the mouth and f**k it up.

your comparing Tinkler and Twiggy? Bless. Twiggy earns more in a year than the nrl brings in revenue lol. Running the force is chump change to him.

U should delete ur account. Perth expansion is probably dead now

Pippen94

First Grade
No one’s anti dolphins you gronk. People are rightly questioning, as they did at the time, if the dolphins were a better choice for Brisbane2 than a genuine brisbane side like the firehawks would have been.

The very fact we are already talking about the need for Brisbane3 is all the proof I need that they weren’t the right choice Strategically. But hey ho, they’re in and I hope they do well for the sake of future expansion.

Only cbd & inner suburbs make up city, interesting.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ur ceaseless trolling drives ppl away
Haha, says the master troll. You need to learn the difference between a difference of opinion and trolling. People might disagree with my opinion, and that’s fine. But people like you just post dumb arse comments to get a response, that is what is known as trolling.

i think you need a break from here to contemplate on this.

Pippen94

First Grade
Haha, says the master troll. You need to learn the difference between a difference of opinion and trolling. People might disagree with my opinion, and that’s fine. But people like you just post dumb arse comments to get a response, that is what is known as trolling.

Spaming site with same shi..for over a decade is trolling. Most trolls would get bored & move on already, but guess u can't find anything better to do..?!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Spaming site with same shi..for over a decade is trolling. Most trolls would get bored & move on already, but guess u can't find anything better to do..?!
I’m a rl fan here to talk rl. You on the other hand…… like I said I’ve seen your ilk come and go many a time, it’s only a matter of time before you pss off for good.

The Great Dane

First Grade
I`d be more concerned @Perth Red @The Great Dane about the Dolphins if there were three or more clubs, geographically speaking, between them and the Broncos, a-la Sharks and Roosters you might say, but there isn`t and thus plenty of room for them to grow their fanbase and be a Broncos size club permanently.
Picking the Dolphins made it inevitable that there'll be 3/4 more clubs in Brisbane given time. In fact it made it a necessity.

The core of the population and audience in Brisbane was, is, and will continue to be for decades, situated around the city on either side of the river. Placing a relatively centrally located side on the south side of the river would have more or less split the population in half, and created a situation where just two teams could have serviced 85-90% of Brisbane's population for the foreseeable future.

Placing the second team in Redcliffe gave a relatively small extremity of the population a team of their own, but left a gapping void in the south where the core of the population is. As a result people were instantly calling for more clubs in Brisbane (both in the south and west) as Redcliffe totally fails to meet any of the demand in those parts of the city, where a largely centrally located club could, and should, have been able to meet the majority of that demand from the get go.

Imagine if there was only one team in Sydney in the east of the city, but when the league chose to expand they ignored Western Sydney and placed a team in Hornsby instead. Imagine the impact that would have. Well that's pretty much the equivalent of what the News convinced the NRL to do in Brisbane by picking Redcliffe.

Pippen94

First Grade
Picking the Dolphins made it inevitable that there'll be 3/4 more clubs in Brisbane given time. In fact it made it a necessity.

The core of the population and audience in Brisbane was, is, and will continue to be for decades, situated around the city on either side of the river. Placing a relatively centrally located side on the south side of the river would have more or less split the population in half, and created a situation where just two teams could have serviced 85-90% of Brisbane's population for the foreseeable future.

Placing the second team in Redcliffe gave a relatively small extremity of the population a team of their own, but left a gapping void in the south where the core of the population is. As a result people were instantly calling for more clubs in Brisbane (both in the south and west) as Redcliffe totally fails to meet any of the demand in those parts of the city, where a largely centrally located club could, and should, have been able to meet the majority of that demand from the get go.

Imagine if there was only one team in Sydney in the east of the city, but when the league chose to expand they ignored Western Sydney and placed a team in Hornsby instead. Imagine the impact that would have. Well that's pretty much the equivalent of what the News convinced the NRL to do in Brisbane by picking Redcliffe.

Redcliffe is administrative center of Morton bay council which has population of 500k (greater than Canberra). The southern council's of Logan & Ipswich which will probably house the next nrl club, have a combined population roughly equal to Morton bay.

Having a team in north, central & south are natural divisions & pretty much anybody who knows anything about league have come out to support this.

Only opposition is here with old super leaguers hoping dolphins fail. How's that working for you?!

Bukowski

Juniors

he's got no-one else to talk to. Has to make stupid comments to get reponses.

Gobsmacked

Bench

Have you ever been to Brisbane 🤦‍♂️

The Great Dane

First Grade
Redcliffe is administrative center of Morton bay council which has population of 500k (greater than Canberra).
There is well over a million people between the river and Logan, and it's growing like all of Brisbane.

But no, no, "growth corridor", "muh traditional clubs", "leagues club", blah, blah, blah.

Colk

First Grade
Loads metro areas the size of Adelaide without a pro team in USA. Put down the fiction & learn something about the world

Well done - a city the size of Adelaide isn’t very big in America. Gold star for you.

However, I’ll explain it to you nice and slowly. Firstly, you should look up the words context and relative in a dictionary. Once you look up those words, then you can apply them to the statement which was the following: no competition in the world (you know all the countries in the world including America) would choose not to have the 4th and 5th largest metro markets/population areas in their country represented.

Thanks for the little barb about me needing to learn more about the world though. Quite enjoyed the irony

greenBV4

Bench
Well done - a city the size of Adelaide isn’t very big in America. Gold star for you.

However, I’ll explain it to you nice and slowly. Firstly, you should look up the words context and relative in a dictionary. Once you look up those words, then you can apply them to the statement which was the following: no competition in the world (you know all the countries in the world including America) would choose not to have the 4th and 5th largest metro markets/population areas in their country represented.

Thanks for the little barb about me needing to learn more about the world though. Quite enjoyed the irony

How nice of you to give pippen what I'm assuming is his first education

Latest posts