What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee
It was asked and answered, that’s what I have been saying, the Bears Board have copped a lot of flack from members, especially with their non negiotiables and their arrogant attitude when they first met with WA officials at the Perth State of Origin a few years ago.
Many Bears members/fans have been waiting anxiously for this AGM to get answers straight from the horses mouth.
Perth red knows more about this all the way from Perth

Centy Coast

Juniors
I believe you

i don’t have Facebook interested in hearing it

I still think they need board seats that’s key
There was just another post about the AGM from Michael Newcombe, he is a member who has been demanding answers and has been highly critical of the Bears board.
He seems to have come away fairly impressed from everything discussed at the AGM.

Wb1234

Referee
There was just another post about the AGM from Michael Newcombe, he is a member who has been demanding answers and has been highly critical of the Bears board.
He seems to have come away fairly impressed from everything discussed at the AGM.
Good stuff

Perth Red

Post Whore
It’s on the Den Facebook page, Bears members/fans who didn’t attend are being filled in on what transpired at the AGM by the many people who did actually attend the AGM.
What was the ‘exact’ Question asked though? Often the devil is in the detail. Was it ‘are you willing to relocate the club to perth’ or ‘are you willing to hand over the bears brand to a license holder in perth’. The two are very very different scenarios.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Here’s the only comment on there I dont see anything stating they have walked away from owning the license.

Went to the AGM last night, uncertain as to what would eventuate. However, for the first time, in a long time, the Board actually addressed the concerns that were being raised.

The return to the NRL issue was addressed in a direct manner. The gentleman from the CT Group was open and honest with his statements and answers. I walked away thinking:

1. Assuming PNG fills the 18th spot, then it will probably be South Island and WA for the 19 and 20 spots. However, in Rugby League, anything is possible.

2. The Chairman did explain at the present time they wanted to keep all options open. The word nimble was used. I think WA is probably the better option.

3. The Chairman did explain there is communication between the Bears and the two groups. He mentioned a recent visit from WA people.

4. PVL, at the end of the day, in my view, will direct the Bears as to where their location will be. It will then be up to the Bears Board to negotiate a deal with the people at that location.

5. At least the Chairman appeared to confirm the Bears Club will have an interest in a Joint Venture Club. How big an interest will no doubt be subject to negotiation at the right time.

Wb1234

Referee
Here’s the only comment on there I dont see anything stating they have walked away from owning the license.

Went to the AGM last night, uncertain as to what would eventuate. However, for the first time, in a long time, the Board actually addressed the concerns that were being raised.

The return to the NRL issue was addressed in a direct manner. The gentleman from the CT Group was open and honest with his statements and answers. I walked away thinking:

1. Assuming PNG fills the 18th spot, then it will probably be South Island and WA for the 19 and 20 spots. However, in Rugby League, anything is possible.

2. The Chairman did explain at the present time they wanted to keep all options open. The word nimble was used. I think WA is probably the better option.

3. The Chairman did explain there is communication between the Bears and the two groups. He mentioned a recent visit from WA people.

4. PVL, at the end of the day, in my view, will direct the Bears as to where their location will be. It will then be up to the Bears Board to negotiate a deal with the people at that location.

5. At least the Chairman appeared to confirm the Bears Club will have an interest in a Joint Venture Club. How big an interest will no doubt be subject to negotiation at the right time.
Lmao you actually may be right for once

point five says joint venture so that means part ownership

Perth Red

Post Whore
Again Nothing in the comments of that thread about the license ownership. You seem to be adding 2&2 and getting 5! Good news for bears though if the wa bid are at least still talking with them lol.
theyve more chance handing over the bears brand to the wa consortium and being the west coast bears feeder club than being the Pacifica or nsw bears!