What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Well that puts a different light on it again lol. I’ll go back to my original position, until bears announce they are happy to hand over their brand to another location without any ownership claims im still not trusting it.
Worse case scenario for a Perth would be ‘The‘ Bears playing in Perth owned by NSFC.

Centy Coast

Juniors
I know David Choy, he was on the Bears Board years ago, he most certainly isn’t a fan of the current Board.
He may have clouded judgement so take his comments with a grain of salt as others from the same circle have lowered their guard.
If you reread David’s comment they are very much “his description of events”.
Trust me if both Michael Newcombe and Darren Welsby can express positive viewpoints in regards to the Board from the AGM, then maybe the Earth isn’t round afterall lol..

Last edited:

Bukowski

Juniors
I know David Choy, he was on the Bears Board years ago, he most certainly isn’t a fan of the current Board.
He may have clouded judgement so take his comments with a grain of salt as others from the same circle have lowered their guard.
If you read David’s comment they are very much “his description of events”.
Trust me if both Michael Newcombe and Darren Welsby can express positive viewpoints in regards to the Board from the AGM, then maybe the Earth isn’t round afterall lol..
Fair enough.
Why wouldn't the bears and the NRL be interested in PNG Bears? Ownership wouldn't be an issue then.

MugaB

Coach
So why wouldn't they give it the bears? The govt won't want ownership neither will the NRL.
If we have this PNG team, think of the NRL holding the aus govt ransom over it, think of all the stadium upgrades we can push thru, purely off the back of gifting a licence to a mad RL nation like png, its the govt that wants this, we are as accepting as we can be, and know the athletes we can produce from the area off the back of the funding that they are will to throw at it.

Don't let all this BS ditter you, the bears WANT ownership, they want the brand out there and the color to keep on trucking, its in ther own interests to become something new and own that.. i don't believe the 2nd hand reporting from the Chinese whispers, the bears have been around too long playing the same old games regarding expansion for them to suddenly just give up the brand IP

Last edited:

Bukowski

Juniors
If we have this PNG team, think of the NRL holding the aus govt ransom over it, think of all the stadium upgrades we can push thru, purely off the back of gifting a licence to a mad RL nation like png, its the govt that wants this, we are as accepting as we can be, and know the athletes we can produce from the area off the back of the funding that they are will to throw at it.

Don't let all this BS ditter you, the bears WANT ownership, they want the brand out there and the color to keep on trucking, its in ther own interests to become something new and own that.. i don't believe the 2nd hand reporting from the Chinese whispers, the bears have been around too long playing the same old games regarding expansion for them to suddenly just give up the brand IP
So why wouldn't the NRL give them PNG. It's seems to solve a few roadblocks.

Latest posts