What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Centy Coast

Juniors
who says the bulk of victoria's player base and fans are from those places? sounds like something you've just made up in your head
Have you seen the VIC junior rep teams, both my sons played against them, all islanders, probably two white kids if you were lucky, WA is virtually the same. Islanders do not play fumble ball, this is why.
Very big sides with little skill though, they look very intimidating but run out of gas after 20 mins.
My sons Central Coast team (Northern Zone winners) pumped Melbourne (Southern Zone winners) in the NSW Country Championships Final, a few weeks later my son played Union for Central Coast against VIC and it was virtually the same team he played against in league a few weeks earlier.

Pippen94

First Grade
We're not, well mostly.
we are against a sydney owned and operated club playing some games in perth.

If it was a Swans scenario then it might work.
Ownership and the perception of what the club actually is will be the make or break of it.

Ideally we'd like our own identity to build and call our own. I think most fans woudl prefer that.

ps their LC doesnt make much money, it wont be funding anything other than the pathways in NS.

NRL lost Cumins phone number or something?!

Matt_CBY

Juniors
Maybe they would have won a few more premierships if they’d shown as much fight on the field as they have in this zombie-like state they’ve been stuck in since the merge dissolved.
I wonder what would have happened if North Sydney didn’t pledge their support for the entry of Manly-Warringah.

Have you seen the VIC junior rep teams, both my sons played against them, all islanders, probably two white kids if you were lucky, WA is virtually the same. Islanders do not play fumble ball, this is why.
Very big sides with little skill though, they look very intimidating but run out of gas after 20 mins.
My sons Central Coast team (Northern Zone winners) pumped Melbourne (Southern Zone winners) in the NSW Country Championships Final, a few weeks later my son played Union for Central Coast against VIC and it was virtually the same team he played against in league a few weeks earlier.
At least 39 of the 40 Melbourne Storm Jersey Flegg squad were born outside of Victoria or have ancentral ties to RL heartland. It's a myth that the Storm's junior teams are littered with Victorians.

Pippen94

First Grade
As soon as Peter Cumins opened his mouth on Saturday about wanting Perth to go it alone V’Landys immediately responded, it was virtually like “this is how it is going to happen bitch” lol.

It's is so true. Vlandys uses media to inform bids. Told jets & easts to work together, but they were too proud & dolphins got in. Only way Perth works is with Bears. Vlandys is not going anywhere for a long while either.

Perth Red

Post Whore
As soon as Peter Cumins opened his mouth on Saturday about wanting Perth to go it alone V’Landys immediately responded, it was virtually like “this is how it is going to happen bitch” lol.
what was interesting was Cumins said we need some clear direction if Perth is in their thinking.
Next day Vlandys comes out and says:
“Perth are absolutely on our hit list for expansion and it’s sooner rather than later.'
Sounds like he was giving Cumins the green light to me!

He also said
“The Perth Bears is the ideal partnership,”

Now that might be the case if both parties can agree a partnership. But if they cant do you really think Bears are getting in in Perth ahead of Cumins group? (presuming Cumins group can raise the $30mill). Cumins has said he is open to talking to Bears but has a clear preference to go it alone and have a Perth brand team not a Sydney brand.

Pippen94

First Grade
At least 39 of the 40 Melbourne Storm Jersey Flegg squad were born outside of Victoria or have ancentral ties to RL heartland. It's a myth that the Storm's junior teams are littered with Victorians.

They don't play NRL in Melbourne. Perth will be same. PNG, nz2 & Fiji will increase player base. South Brisbane has infrastructure to ramp production too, but people don't like to hear that.

Any news on the North Sydney Bears and Brisbane Tigers negotations?

East Coast Bears has potential. It could play home games against Sydney clubs at Central Coast Stadium. Play the non-NSW clubs at Lang Park.

reanimate

Bench
Because Manly kiled my club off with dirty under handed tactics, stole the merger money to survive, very questionable tactics both Arko and Fulton used with their positions within the ARL. Had the Bears joined Super League I have no doubt the Bears would still be around today.
Never mind News Corp’s role in it all, or your club’s decisions, it’s Manly’s fault.

It would have been a far better result had either the Bears originally not been kicked out, the merger been forced to continue existing or the Bears had been sent interstate straight away South Melbourne Swans style.

What we’re potentially getting is a poor result. There’s been over 20 years of inaction, the kids who came into the world after their last season are now well into their 20s and now we’re going to bring them back interstate? The time to do it was back then. Bringing them back now in some form isn’t going to undo the last nearly 25 years.

Last edited:
They don't play NRL in Melbourne. Perth will be same. PNG, nz2 & Fiji will increase player base. South Brisbane has infrastructure to ramp production too, but people don't like to hear that.
People on here take the heartland for granted. I was guilty of it myself when I listened to mongoloid, The Great Dunce and Perth Rat.

Perth will provide more than Melbourne, but it will never be as peosuctive as the heartland.

I would like to see NZ 2, Brisbane 3 and NZ 3 in that order

I would also like to see more money invested in PNG from U14s to Queensland Cup, with the aim of making the Digicel Cup a fully professional competition with 12 clubs spread across the country. Something like that would allow more Papuans to enjoy their country's national sport live every fortnight. If everything is thrown at a Port Moresby-based NRL club then it makes life hard for the rest of the country's RL fans to actively support a club.

Iamback

Coach

It makes the most sense.

You can't build junior pathways in a couple of years, Much better to bring an established one in and grow it with the club

Iamback

Coach
Never mind News Corp’s role in it all, or your club’s decisions, it’s Manly’s fault.

It would have been a far better result had either the Bears originally not been kicked out, the merger been forced to continue existing or the Bears had been sent interstate straight away South Melbourne Swans style.

What we’re potentially getting is a poor result. There’s been over 20 years of inaction, the kids who came into the world after their last season are now well into their 20s and now we’re going to bring them back interstate? The time to do it was back then. Bringing them back now in some form isn’t going to undo the last nearly 25 years.

TBH you aren't Targetting the kids over here. You want the WA kids getting behind the team, You want the old dinosaurs over now on boards who can pump money in to get behind it.

As they die out those kids now become the finance backers

Perth Red

Post Whore
It makes the most sense.

You can't build junior pathways in a couple of years, Much better to bring an established one in and grow it with the club
you can sign up a partnership in a week though lol. Nothing to stop an independent perth club signing up one or even two qrl or NSW clubs as partners.

Latest posts