What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Bukowski

Juniors
No you’re not because you’re not taking the best current proposition in the eyes of ARLC by their own words seriously.

If you were you’d be more supportive - instead you’re pushing back. How is that vested? You’ve never met these people but you already have made your mind up.
Are they all as nice as you?

Perth Red

Post Whore
No you’re not because you’re not taking the best current proposition in the eyes of ARLC by their own words seriously.

If you were you’d be more supportive - instead you’re pushing back. How is that vested? You’ve never met these people but you already have made your mind up.
not at all. Im very open to either a partnership, under right conditions, or a stand alone Perth led club. Whichever leads to best outcome for Perth and the game in WA. I have no interest at all in what's best for the Bears.

The push back is because of the reservations I have about the Bears motives, intentions and demands. Plus the perception of the Perth public about a relocated Sydney club. I can see the pluses in a partnership.

I have reservations about the stand alone bid as well, namely financial clout and east coast pathway partnership not yet lined up.

Theres plenty of RL fans in Perth with a much stronger feeling about a perception the Bears are being dumped on WA than I have lol

Iamback

Coach
Their total assets are around $60m and cash revenues vary between $25m with $55m equity. Brian Torpy is an incredibly smart man, fantastic operator and I have world of respect for him.

But compared to Dolphins pre-NRL entry - Tigers were back behind a length.

They'd also be hoping that Brisbane 3 is team 20 and want to go alone.

NSW teams know that they have to relocate. Jets were mentioned but don't bring junior pathways etc

Canard

Immortal
Yes, they’re the only 2nd tier team who have a business model set up for revenue outside football operations WHILE being the only 2nd tier team willing to relocate. Literally as what’s been publicised - did you read any of it before coming in with your trumpet blowing?
The Bears offering is not unique or even that financially different from what at least half a dozen other teams with Leagues clubs and junior pathways could offer.

Lets call this what it is, a myopic attempt to appeal to some boomers in the media from a administration thats fixated on Sydney.

The Bears offering is not unique or even that financially different from what at least half a dozen other teams with Leagues clubs and junior pathways could offer.
They offer more than “leagues clubs” as their security blanket. Fast forward to the program will ya, c’mon mate we are up to episode 5 and you’re still stuck on episode 2.

Canard

Immortal
They offer more than “leagues clubs” as their security blanket. Fast forward to the program will ya, c’mon mate we are up to episode 5 and you’re still stuck on episode 2.
What do they offer beyond that, that at least half a dozen others couldn't?

Besides having Vlandy's tongue firmly planted in their arses

What do they offer beyond that, that at least half a dozen others couldn't?

Besides having Vlandy's tongue firmly planted in their arses
Cash flow and assets beyond football operations with opportunities for continuous growth. Come on Canards Hire catch up will you mate.

PVL is the only tongue that matters. So if it is up our asses, how lucky we should be. He gave Redcliffe a mighty rim job not that long ago.

Last edited:

Pippen94

First Grade
not at all. Im very open to either a partnership, under right conditions, or a stand alone Perth led club. Whichever leads to best outcome for Perth and the game in WA. I have no interest at all in what's best for the Bears.

The push back is because of the reservations I have about the Bears motives, intentions and demands. Plus the perception of the Perth public about a relocated Sydney club. I can see the pluses in a partnership.

I have reservations about the stand alone bid as well, namely financial clout and east coast pathway partnership not yet lined up.

Theres plenty of RL fans in Perth with a much stronger feeling about a perception the Bears are being dumped on WA than I have lol

You walk fast going backwards

The Bears own Tweed Heads in QCup.... So QLD has a dog in this fight too
Norths Collective own Seagulls Leagues. Seagulls Leagues bank roll Tweed Seagulls as a principal partner. I wouldn’t say Bears own Seagulls though - more a case of they are under the same umbrella of a larger over arching corporation.

But good look up. As I said the other day Panthers Group is set up very similarly to Norths Collective. Panthers Group is much more grander and makes way more revenue though. It would surprise some how many people have interacted and helped eachother between the 2 organisations.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Bears are already starting to annoy perth fans. Social media is abuzz with annoyed perth fans due to the fact the Sydney media are just talking about the Bears return, not about that Perth is returning to make a more National RL.

Its clear as day NS dont give a sht about Perth, its just a means to an end for them.
This is going to be really interesting how it plays out.
Stop being a damn sook, Perth are getting a team. One minute you are saying nobody will care if it’s Bears or Pirates now you are crying the media is all about the Bears return and not about W.A. getting a team.
Please get a grip.

Iamback

Coach
Norths Collective own Seagulls Leagues. Seagulls Leagues bank roll Tweed Seagulls as a principal partner. I wouldn’t say Bears own Seagulls though - more a case of they are under the same umbrella of a larger over arching corporation.

But good look up. As I said the other day Panthers Group is set up very similarly to Norths Collective. Panthers Group is much more grander and makes way more revenue though. It would surprise some how many people have interacted and helped eachother between the 2 organisations.

If you break down most NRL clubs they are breaking off into other things too, hence why the majority of possible options in QRL are only good until you break them down.

When the time comes for NZ 2, I will be saying the same things about them standing alone as with Perth FTR

Latest posts