What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Question for both of you. Is the North Sydney Bears a chance of being introduced as a standalone club?

If the answer is no, then that'd indicate that they require a partnership and can't go it alone, and therefore no they don't get to dictate anything. It's extremely arrogant to think you get to have non-negotiables when the other side is the only reason you have the opportunity to get a team.
And here is the clincher -

North Sydney Bears isn’t the bid. Never was. It’s Bears - like Dolphins (Redcliffe was never the bid). North Sydney Bears falls under the same over arching business as Bears, as Leagues Club, as 9 other businesses. They are unison. In sync. Make money for eachother under eachother and through eachother.

So yes Bears will be a standalone club as Perth Bears. They can’t merge with an entity that doesn’t not exist ie Perth Bid because that isn’t a real business. A business merger cannot happen if only one business of the 2 exist. Its relocation of resources from under Norths business umbrella to create a new business called Perth Bears.

It’s quite simple when you slow it down and break it down.

Maximus

Coach
I thought I was on ignore? lol Seeing as you're back reading me how about you conceding and paying up on our bet?

His putting people on ignore shit is just a lie so he doesn't have to respond to the hundreds of times per day he gets proven wrong. He instantly reacted to a post of mine despite claiming to have had me on ignore for years. And he regularly refers to posts by people he claims to have on ignore.

Melbourne have a huge following in QLD. That ensures they get a healthy TV audience but most importantly they are the same timezone. So Melbourne fans can watch.

Lets assume that FTA puts Perth team games on for the novelty factor early on.

How many locals are tuning in at 6pm Friday or 5.45pm Thursday to watch?

You have them play Broncos. There is no interest from the Sydney market in that game.

You have Perth as a known brand and you get some interest. The merger with Newtown would of had the same effect just without the juniors.

As opposed to Pirates or something that no one has a hatred or like for.
There`ll be plenty of interest when they become a powerhouse one state team that is a regular top 4 contender. There`ll be interest when they play anybody.

Maximus

Coach

North Sydney Bears isn’t the bid. Never was. It’s Bears - like Dolphins (Redcliffe was never the bid). North Sydney Bears falls under the same over arching business as Bears, as Leagues Club, as 9 other businesses. They are unison. In sync. Make money for eachother under eachother and through eachother.

So yes Bears will be a standalone club as Perth Bears. They can’t merge with an entity that doesn’t not exist ie Perth Bid because that isn’t a real business. A business merger cannot happen if only one business does not exist. Its relocation of resources from under Norths umbrella to create a new business called Perth Bears.

So why aren't the bears putting in a standalone bid to be located wherever they feel like? Why aren't they 100% owners with a team located wherever they feel like? Your claim that it is standalone falls apart when they've had to talk to every other bid to try to partner with them.

Perth Red

Post Whore

So yes Bears will be a standalone club as Perth Bears. They can’t merge with an entity that doesn’t not exist ie Perth Bid because that isn’t a real business. A business merger cannot happen if only one business does not exist. Its relocation of resources from under Norths umbrella to create a new business called Perth Bears.

That isnt how it will work. A new company will be registered under a new trade name. It wont sit under NSFC or the North Collective group (separate orgs by the way). A board and ownership structure will be agreed for the new entity.

the company name Perth Bears Rugby League Football Club was registered un June 2022. No record of who registered it. The trademark is not yet registered which is surprising.

Perthbears.org is also still available if you want to jump on it lol

flippikat

Bench
PNG seems a given now. Going to be interesting to say the least!
Im going to be really interested to see how they set them up to be able to attract a squad that can compete and if the other clubs will accept the advantages they are going to have to be given to do that.

Despite a stadium not really fit for NRL, a business case that fails to stack up, no value to TV and pretty much everyone else in the NRL thinking its a terrible idea Vlandys seems determined to make the train crash happen.
I think one of the key points being thrashed-out by the NRL/V'Landys with the stakeholders - especially the existing NRL clubs - is making assurances that in the (unlikely?) event that the funding for PNG gets pulled, that there's a contingency - whether it's some other lifeline for the club where-is to stay in PNG, or pulling back & relocating that club.

The "What if this fails?" question needs to be asked, and SHOULD be being asked.

There`ll be plenty of interest when they become a powerhouse one state team that is a regular top 4 contender. There`ll be interest when they play anybody.
New Zealand Warriors has had since 1995 and an entire country and has never been a power house until recently and even then it’s arguable as they have need many interventions to stop bleeding money at various times. But Perth by itself will be? WTF are you smoking.

Wb1234

Referee
I think one of the key points being thrashed-out by the NRL/V'Landys with the stakeholders - especially the existing NRL clubs - is making assurances that in the (unlikely?) event that the funding for PNG gets pulled, that there's a contingency - whether it's some other lifeline for the club where-is to stay in PNG, or pulling back & relocating that club.

The "What if this fails?" question needs to be asked, and SHOULD be being asked.
Pvl needs to read these forums and take advice from the so called experts

Matt_CBY

Juniors
I'm interested in the business side of the game as well. You think I'm bad now, wait till I start early retirement in a year or two lol

and in this particular case knowing who we might be getting into bed with is important. So yeh Ive had a good look through the NS books. And tbh they dont impress me, certainly in the lack of investment in the RL side of things.

The bold amuses me.

Current plan is more towards commercial office spaces - new build greenfields, possibly existing buildings to turn over.

Definitely another Leagues Club to accompany Seagulls and Norths. High end gym open to public to be with performance center.

Heaps of options - money is there.
North Sydney and Burleigh should amalgamate. Become the East Coast Bears. Split games between Gold Coast and Central Coast. If the Titans continue to struggle over the next decade then give their licence to the East Coast Bears.

That isnt how it will work. A new company will be registered under a new trade name. It wont sit under NSFC or the North Collective group (separate orgs by the way). A board and ownership structure will be agreed for the new entity.
Yes it will - just like Panthers are under Panthers Group. Seriously sit down mate.

I keep mentioned key words and you keep ignoring it or disputing it. But I know and you don’t.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So why aren't the bears putting in a standalone bid to be located wherever they feel like? Why aren't they 100% owners with a team located wherever they feel like? Your claim that it is standalone falls apart when they've had to talk to every other bid to try to partner with them.
Their hope was NRl would pick a city and hand it to them. The problem for them has been bids have developed in the NRLs favoured locations and none of them want the Bears as partners. They then came up with the dumb NSW regional club and then Pacifica club nonsense. I mean even the NRl didnt trust them enough to hand them the gold coast license!

Bears won’t have 100 percent ownership so it won’t

Perth rat is right on this one
Bears don’t own Seagulls RLFC - doesn’t mean there isn’t a large portion of connective business tissue through them though. It’s a complicated web and for those who don’t know how to navigate it it becomes very confusing. Ownership and other factors are only as good as who brings the money in.

The biggest party that needs to be factored in is W.A. Government who like all political parties want to spend as little as possible. You can decipher that as you see fit.

New Zealand Warriors has had since 1995 and an entire country and has never been a power house until recently and even then it’s arguable as they have need many interventions to stop bleeding money at various times. But Perth by itself will be? WTF are you smoking.
The Warriors have scraped by on the bones of their arse for years and certainly have never had a Gov`t that has said that they will back them. I`d suggest things are going to be very different in Western Australia, as V`landys has already said " The Perth bid is very, very good ".

Wb1234

Referee
Bears don’t own Seagulls RLFC - doesn’t mean there isn’t a large portion of connective business tissue through them though. It’s a complicate web and for those who don’t know how to navigate it it becomes very confusing. Ownership and other factors are only as good as who brings the money in.
It’ll be a new seperate company with a different board

bears will own a minority which being realistic will be 25 percent (30 percent tops)

perth will have the votes to run it

The Warriors have scraped by on the bones of their arse for years and certainly have never had a Gov`t that has said that they will back them. I`d suggest things are going to be very different in Western Australia, as V`landys has already said " The Perth bid is very, very good ".
A very good bid now doesn’t translate into a very good business operating in 5-10-30 years.

A point that keeps getting ignored.

Matt_CBY

Juniors

unlikely???