What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

It’ll be a new seperate company with a different board

bears will own a minority which being realistic will be 25 percent (30 percent tops)

perth will have the votes to run it
You’ll be surprised mate - you can either get builders to build your home or you can get patisserie chefs to build your home…

Perth Red

Post Whore
Yes it will - just like Panthers are under Panthers Group. Seriously sit down mate.

I keep mentioned key words and you keep ignoring it or disputing it. But I know and you don’t.
You do understand that the NORTH SYDNEY LEAGUES' CLUB LIMITED AND ITS CONTROLLED ENTITY (Norths Collective) and the NSDRLFC are separate companies dont you?

I cant see why you find this so hard to understand? NSDRLFC are not legally a part of Norths Collective Group.

The Warriors have scraped by on the bones of their arse for years and certainly have never had a Gov`t that has said that they will back them. I`d suggest things are going to be very different in Western Australia, as V`landys has already said " The Perth bid is very, very good ".
Warriors come from a nation where rugby league is strong… Western Australia is a state which the sport is 4th grade amateurish atm. Governments will pay for things if there’s eventual returns but governments also change every few years something even within their own parties and no guarantee the next mob will continue funding something they have no enthusiasm is.

But you know who will always fund something they are enthusiastic about and built their entire business from ? Yeah you know where I’m going with this.

reanimate

Bench
I haven’t fielded that question from you, atm I only know of Kaeo Weekes (Canberra Raiders) from the Asquith Magpies and Jacob Preston (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs) he came through the Bears Harold Matt’s, S.G.Ball, Jersey Flegg, NSW Cup before the Bulldogs snapped him up.
We haven’t had a NRL team since 1999, so it pretty hard.
Remember I’m Central Coast based, and if the Perth Bears are successful they’d be mad not to target juniors from the area especially youngsters like Ethan Strange (Canberra Raiders) and Bradman Best (Newcastle Knights) as the Central Coast life style is very similar to Perths.
Kieran Foran - Asquith.

Preston played most of his junior years at Belrose.

You do understand that the NORTH SYDNEY LEAGUES' CLUB LIMITED AND ITS CONTROLLED ENTITY (Norths Collective) and the NSDRLFC are separate companies dont you?

I cant see why you find this so hard to understand? NSDRLFC are not legally a part of Norths Collective Group.
The moron still tries to argue - not understanding how two seperate things are connected under an over arching entity

What a moron.

Thank f**k the NRL didn't go with the bears 20 years ago.
I know right - imagine how much bigger the entity would have been. Panthers built their outside of footy business empire in 12 years - I remember hearing about the plan. Great business people, really turned the club around with their vision. This one would rival it but can only grow so much that the speed of it dictates.

A very good bid now doesn’t translate into a very good business operating in 5-10-30 years.

A point that keeps getting ignored.
You`ve been braying about business for pages now yet you seem to have a very slender grasp on economics.
Western Australia even just having an NRL team will immediately mean a 17 million dollar (NRL grant) injection into that economy, that`d be about 50 million plus by the time it works its` way through the economy (it`s called the multiplier effect). And that`s before we start considering all the extra employment and services an NRL team would require and then there`s the opportunity for hosting Magic Round, more Test matches, Indigenous round and all the associated in-bound travel.
It is very much in the Western Australian Gov`t`s interest in having an NRL team and they would know that, it would be worth a motza to that state.

Bukowski

Juniors
You`ve been braying about business for pages now yet you seem to have a very slender grasp on economics.
Western Australia even just having an NRL team will immediately mean a 17 million dollar (NRL grant) injection into that economy, that`d be about 50 million plus by the time it works its` way through the economy (it`s called the multiplier effect). And that`s before we start considering all the extra employment and services an NRL team would require and then there`s the opportunity for hosting Magic Round, more Test matches, Indigenous round and all the associated in-bound travel.
It is very much in the Western Australian Gov`t`s interest in having an NRL team and they would know that, it would be worth a motza to that state.
That's why they are backing a team here. Of course they will prefer to back a WA owned team rather than a Sydney team though.

Yes and to run a rugby league club properly costs quite the amount of money and all stuff you’re mentioning doesn’t mean anything to the actual club anyways.

Origin and magic round at Suncorp doesn’t go into the Broncos coffers no more then events in Perth would go into a Perth sides coffers. The government also needs to pay money to be awarded those events to begin with and a lot the money injected goes to local businesses anyways - not directly to the governments accounts. They get a portion sure.

So you’re correct that having an NRL club is beneficial but what’s more beneficial is having an NRL club that can actual self sustain itself.

We are in essence talking about two different things here. Now go back to your economics books.