What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

yes and that will take time.

We likely don't see that in the 1st TV cycle they are in.

Then the deal is less as opposed to the 9th game getting average ratings and keeping the value up
A lot of it is going to depend on how they are going, I`m expecting them to be a wealthy club from the get-go and have a competitive team, the NRL will be selling this to the broadcasters. This is where the whole point, excitement, interest, depending on who you are will kick in, of having a Western Australian side in the NRL making us a truly national competition.

Centy Coast

Juniors
North Sydney and Burleigh should amalgamate. Become the East Coast Bears. Split games between Gold Coast and Central Coast. If the Titans continue to struggle over the next decade then give their licence to the East Coast Bears.
Sorry I’m not laughing at your suggestion just the notion of the Burleigh Bears in a relationship with anybody.

Centy Coast

Juniors
Could the one game be held at Central Coast Stadium?

A more modern venue that was built for the Bears franchise? Or is there plans to rip out the benching and replace it with seats? Add some extra toilets and maybe do up the change rooms at North Sydney Oval?
Anything could happen up to 2027 and 2030, we may have another outbreak of Covid and everybody from WA will lock their doors and close their blinds in fear of the deadly virus lol.
Geez WA might close its borders and the Perth Bears would have to relocate to play out of North Sydney Oval and Central Coast Stadium.

Wb1234

Referee
A lot of it is going to depend on how they are going, I`m expecting them to be a wealthy club from the get-go and have a competitive team, the NRL will be selling this to the broadcasters. This is where the whole point, excitement, interest, depending on who you are will kick in, of having a Western Australian side in the NRL making us a truly national competition.
Hahhaa Perth nrl team

the great white hype

nrl will be truly truly national

flippikat

Bench
North Sydney and Burleigh should amalgamate. Become the East Coast Bears. Split games between Gold Coast and Central Coast. If the Titans continue to struggle over the next decade then give their licence to the East Coast Bears.
But....

A) we already have a Gold Coast team in the NRL

B) Burleigh isn’t bidding to enter the NRL

C) Splitting home games between the Gold Coast & Central Coast is even more insane than the Northern Eagles, St George-Illawarra Dragons & Wests Tigers splitting games between venues, and totally devalues any concept of a season ticket.

And your follow-on scenario about giving the Titans licence to this illogical Frankenstein's Monster of a club is even more bonkers.

On the scale of "brain-fart" to "brain-crap-the-bed-then-roll-about-in-it", the whole thing (Joint venture, splitting games evenly across state borders, buying out the Titans licence) is certainly closer to the latter than the former.

[Edited for clarity]

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach

The salary cap means a team wealth off the field doesn't certainly transfer to on it

Bukowski

Juniors
Yes but even Cumins said that PVL prefers Bears to be part of it.

The WA govt. ch9 news papers, News Limited and of course PVL have all said that the parties met.

So it isn't rumour when everyone is confirming it played out like that
I'm not denying they met? Going around in circles I think.
Time will tell how important the bears are to the bid.

Perth Red

Post Whore
PRS is too small and has terrible corporate facilities.

The Perth bid lacks assets and will rely on generating revenue from a very small fanbase in a parochial fumbleball market.

Perth's time one offers zero value to Ch9. No one outside of Perth gives a f**k about RL in Perth.

Only an idiot would dedicate decades of their life to advocating for a team in a barren backwater fumbleball market that's infiltrated by hillbillies. The Dutch took one look at Western Australia and sailed off as fast as they could because it's a shithole. Shit attracts shit. That's why Butthurtski and Perth Rat ended up in Perth.
nrl doesnt care about stadium capacity. Cronulla play in 12k, dolphins in 10k, png only has 15k, and you think prs at 20,500 is a problem lol?

How’s the chances of your Logan team going? lol
looks like you’ll have to become a dolphin after all.
you going to be true to your word and quit the nrl when perth is announced? Maybe Wb could introduce you to a swans membership!

Last edited:
You`re a builder I get it, if you don`t understand all the benefits that a state gov`t would get from having a multi-million dollar sporting franchise set up in their state then I can`t help you.
Even just a simple one like more employment should give you an idea.
The only reason the WA Gov wants an NRL team is because they think it will generate a tonne of money through tourism. It's the same reason they pay to host Origin. Last year they flew to Brisbane to demand the NRL give them Magic Round so they can get fat and rich from east coast RL fans flying to shithole Perth. Arrogant parasitic turds.

This is delusional.

The Western Reds went bust in 1996 and had to be bailed out by News Ltd. Their main sponsor of the destitute Reds was the same prick who is running the secretive Perth consortium.

How do you expect a Perth-based team to generate revenue from sponsorship, corporate hospitality, membership, ticketing and merchandise when they're based out of a shithouse ground with just 20k capacity and poor facilities?

It's not like the club will be able to sell its product to a large segment of the WA population. The team's games will rarely be on FTA and the club will be lucky to have 20k people in the state watching them play. It'll be another Titans.

Last edited:
nrl doesnt care about stadium capacity. Cronulla play in 12k, dolphins in 10k, png only has 15k, and you think prs at 20,500 is a problem lol?

How’s the chances of your Logan team going? lol
looks like you’ll have to become a dolphin after all.
you going to be true to your word and quit the nrl when perth is announced? Maybe Wb could introduce you to a swans membership!
Why are you bringing up Shark Park and Dolphin Oval?

It's totally irrelevant to the conversation I was having with your mate.

I was responding to your mate's claim that Perth will have a super rich team from the get go. You need a big stadium with classy facilities and a large fanbase to generate strong game day revenue. Especially when you're a rugby league team isolated in a parochial fumbleball market.

You've seen the annual reports.

Clubs with the highest attendances and members draw the most revenue from game day. Broncos and Cowboys are number one and two for revenue generated from football operations. Dolphins are right up there because they have one of the game's richest sponsorship deals and play the bulk of their games at Lang Park in front of 32k fans.

Sharks are one of the poorer clubs due to playing out of an outdated venue with limited capacity.

How do you expect Perth to be like the Broncos and Cowboys when its ground is not much better than Shark Park?

I became a Phinatic on Sunday, FWIW. That's another member to add to their impressive tally. I'm now a member of the Cowboys and Dolphins.

Are you a member of any club?

Brisbane Tigers have the best bid in the country, FYI.

Brisbane Tigers
  • Assets $135m
  • Lang Park 52k
  • Strong catchment from Bulimba in east-north-east Brisbane to Yarrabilba in southeast Logan with a proven record of producing Origin and Test stars
  • Strong Leagues club at Coorparoo that's larger than Broncos Leagues.
  • Support from Phil Gould, Paul Gallen, Peter Psaltis, Simon Fordham, Ben Ikin and QRL.

What does Perth have?

• No support from the broadcasters.
  • No support from the QRL and NSWRL.
  • A dilapidated dump of a ground with a capacity of 20.5k and poor corporate facilities.
  • About 8k people across Perth who regularly watch NRL games on 9Gem.
  • 4k lousy players who cannot compete with the big boys from Queensland and NSW.
  • A bid led by an old pawnbroker who was the Western Reds' main sponsor when the club went tits up and ran to Murdoch for a bail out.

That's some bid you've got there!

Why do you think V'landys keeps telling Perth to talk with the Bears?

Latest posts