What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Wb1234

Referee
Speaking of people who lack a conscience and are comfortable selling the future in pursuit of their own self-gratification in the present. . .

Norths are still demanding 100% ownership and control of the branding, home games at NSO ('ideally four' was the number Dickson gave last time I heard him give a specific number), and a controlling stake of the license. In other words their non-negotiables haven't changed and you're just lying at this point by suggesting otherwise.

The reason he doesn't expect to be the dominant partner in a merger is because he'd rather not be part of a merger at all. You can pretend otherwise, but you'd only be deluding yourself.

Their priorities and attitudes are completely off and it'll be a travesty if they're allowed anywhere near a license. It's everything wrong with Sydney-centric bias of the sport and that's coming from a Bears fan.
One hundred percent ownership and a controlling stake in the license

I mean pick which lie you want to run with

Perth Red

Post Whore
“The Perth Bears is the ideal partnership," V’landys said.

That settles it then

Up to two games a year at nso too

so pumped for the bears return
‘V'landys said it was not a condition of the Perth bid that they link with North Sydney Bears,’

you ready to pay out on our bet yet?

Perth Red

Post Whore
North Sydney Chairman Daniel Dickson was questioned at the Bears AGM in April, I stated it on here after the AGM had been held, you can call me a liar but I have no reason to lie, many Bears fans had heard about Dicksons first meeting with Perth Officials along with Billy Moore a few years ago at a State of Origin match in Perth.
Many had heard how negative he and Moore had come across, Dickson has been in damage control with Bears members ever since.
You are certainly “NOT” a Bears fan.
In the last radio interview with Dickson when directly asked this question he said ‘ownership will get sorted out later’

didnt Sound like he’d conceded it.

Wb1234

Referee
18. Png
19. Perth bears
20. Christchurch
21. South west Brisbane (merger jets and tigers)
22. Adelaide
23. Wellington
23. Central coast

3 billion in aid a year whilst cities like Detroit are third world standard

if anyone boycotts Israel they will face American sanctions

and finally they have threatened the icj if they attempt to act on their arrest warrants for the Zionist leadership

lol

they tried to force tik tok to be sold to a group of Zionist businessmen. The only social media source not owned by Zionists
A lot of Jews own professional sports teams in America. An American Jew now owns the Brisbane Bullets.

Much of the American media is owned by Jews, but if anyone points it out they're called an anti-semite. Five Australia's seven richest people are Jewish.

A few years ago America tried to force companies to support Israel.

Colk

First Grade
The only reason American artists are so successful is because American culture is beamed across the globe.

I'm not talking about European bands singing in languages other than English. Most of the European bands I listen to sing in English more often than not. I listen to a lot of alternative rock and metal. The bands from Europe are by far the biggest and best in this genre and are followed in large numbers across South America, yet most turkeys in Australia would only recognise a shitty American band called Evanescence. There are superior bands with far more talented vocalists such as Within Temptation, Tristania and Lacuna Coil, yet you won't hear them very often on the radio. The bitch from Evanescence cannot sing to save her life. Vibeke Stene, Cristina Scabbia and Sharon den Adel are truly talented artists that don't get the recognition they deserve in Australia.

Other great bands from Europe that sing in English include The Scorpions and The Gathering.

Guns N Roses have terrible music. Axl Rose cannot sing for shit and sounds like some one is electrocuting his nuts. It hasn't stopped them from being successful due to their nationality. Their songs are regularly blasted at NRL games. The only song of theirs that is decent is November Rain.

Bruce Springsteen has the most boring music on the planet. Neil Diamond never produced a decent song, yet wankers across Australia and England sing that boring as f**k "Sweet Caroline" at sports matches.

Aussies need to grow the f**k up and stop being hive creatures who worship Yankee shit. There's always some spastic wearing a Yankees cap or Lakers singlet because they think it makes them cool.

Pommy music has been just as shit since the 1990s, FWIW.

Joh Daly used to be paid money to come out to the Australian Open, despite being mediocre. That's jow desperate Aussies are to be liked by Yanks.

Yankee TV shows follow the same tired formula and aren't worth watching. Their movies are f**ken stupid and full of dumb tropes. Yet wankers across this country line up in droves to see them.

This year people on this board were pulling their cocks because V'landys took a couple of games to Las Vegas. The local media didn't give a shit and referred to it as "rugby".

1. I know those bands. They are not obscure. Metal is not my favourite genre but a lot of modern metal is overproduced to the hilt, them included. I prefer psychedelic/stoner/heavy blues: they are not overproduced and they have actual groove.

2. So you’re qualifying all American music as crap because you don’t like Springsteen, Neil Diamond or Guns N Roses. Artists like Bob Dylan. Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Son House, Robert Johnston, Sam Cooke, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, Jimi Hendrix, Velvet Underground, Howlin Wolf, Curtis Mayfield, James Brown, Leadbelly, Prince etc aren’t any good? There are plenty more too. Heck most music of the last 100 years outside of Reggae, Reggaeton or classical has its origins from blues, jazz or rock n’ roll which are all American art forms. It is a bit stupid to argue that there is no good American music unless you are arguing for the sake of arguing.

3. I don’t care about a golfer or people wearing Laker T-Shirts. There are more important things in life.

4. Again not all American shows are ordinary - The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad etc are all great shows. There are plenty of great American directors - Paul Thomas Anderson, Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, Eli Kazan, Robert Altman, Stanley Kubrick, Sidney Lumet, David Fincher, Micheal Mann, Coen Brothers.

5. That’s not that hard to understand. Rugby Union is a bigger game around the world

Wb1234

Referee
1. I know those bands. They are not obscure. Metal is not my favourite genre but a lot of modern metal is overproduced to the hilt, them included. I prefer psychedelic/stoner/heavy blues: they are not overproduced and they have actual groove.

2. So you’re qualifying all American music as crap because you don’t like Springsteen, Neil Diamond or Guns N Roses. Artists like Bob Dylan. Miles Davis, John Coltrane, Son House, Robert Johnston, Sam Cooke, Aretha Franklin, Marvin Gaye, Jimi Hendrix, Velvet Underground, Howlin Wolf, Curtis Mayfield, James Brown, Leadbelly, Prince etc aren’t any good? There are plenty more too. Heck most music of the last 100 years outside of Reggae, Reggaeton or classical has its origins from blues, jazz or rock n’ roll which are all American art forms. It is a bit stupid to argue that there is no good American music unless you are arguing for the sake of arguing.

3. I don’t care about a golfer or people wearing Laker T-Shirts. There are more important things in life.

4. Again not all American shows are ordinary - The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad etc are all great shows. There are plenty of great American directors - Paul Thomas Anderson, Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, Eli Kazan, Robert Altman, Stanley Kubrick, Sidney Lumet, David Fincher, Micheal Mann, Coen Brothers.

5. That’s not that hard to understand. Rugby Union is a bigger game around the world
Vanderpump rules

Centy Coast

Juniors
Don’t want this NRL team’: Leisel Jones exposes $600m PNG truth.

IMG_4461.jpeg

Aussie swimming legend Leisel Jones has dropped a bomb on the NRL after it appeared Papua New Guinea had firmed as the game’s 18th team.

2ecf59fd-95b6-4d76-b006-e29b7b5a96fb.png

Andrew McMurtry

June 4, 2024

The NRL’s 18th team in Papua New Guinea appears to be little more than a formality at this point but Aussie swimming legend Leisel Jones has questioned whether there’s an appetite for the move for our northern neighbours.

The NRL has been trumpeting a Papua New Guinea team since August 2023 after Prime Minster Anthony Albanese called for the nation to join the league as its 18th team, pledging to put money into making the move viable for the competition.

IMG_4462.jpeg

Last week, 2GB’s Ben Fordham revealed it’s expected to be $600m over 10 years with almost half of the $600 million to go towards pathways and programs in the Pacific region.

Albanese has long spoken about how “soft diplomacy” could help slow China’s growing influence in the Pacific region.

Fordham said “the deal is done”, despite security and logistical concerns still to play out.

But speaking on The Rush Hour with Leisel Jones, Liam & Dobbo on Monday night, Jones said there may be an even bigger issue for the PNG bid.

“I just returned from Port Moresby yesterday, I had a three-day trip to PNG, and I’ve been hearing a lot about the NRL team that they’re setting up,” Jones said.

“From what I heard on the ground and speaking to a lot of people in PNG, I don’t think they want an NRL team there.

“I was of the opinion that it would be a great way for us to build a relationship with PNG and that it was going to be a great result. I don’t think that’s the case.

“I’ve been hearing a lot that ‘it’s lip service’, that it was a lot of the Australian government just very quickly, just off the cuff deciding that they want to have this team for safety reasons for Australia, but really didn’t think it through.

“There’s are a lot of stats in PNG that — 80 per cent unemployment rates, that’s the big issue. Children are going through to school and ending at year six, that is their education level.

“An NRL team might be an embarrassment on the country because they don’t have any feeder pathways. There is no NRL going through schools, there’s no sport education because they’re finishing at year six.

“So the Australian government is funding $600 million, putting into PNG, yes it buys us safety, sure. But the people of PNG, I don’t think they want this NRL team because I don’t think they’re going to be proud of the result.”

Co-host Ben Dobbin said he’d heard similar from friends with business in the region.

He added players were suggesting not taking their families “because they fear to relocate their families from Australia, it’s a safety concern, so then players will be leaving their families and just playing and taking the cash”.

“I don’t necessarily believe this is over the line as much as people believe.”

Playing into Papua New Guinea’s hands is that it’s the only nation in the world in which rugby league is the national sport.

Wild scenes generally grip Port Moresby each season when Prime Minister’s XIII teams play in the country.

IMG_4463.jpeg

Even this week, Broncos star Adam Reynolds, Delouise Hoeter and Ryan James visited the country, leaving children in tears.

Speaking on Fox League’s NRL Tonight, Matt Russell said: “Passion no problem — logistics and unanimous support, that could be a problem.”

Mark Carroll said the vision was “absolutely brilliant”. But he conceded the issues was “the security side of it”.

On SEN last week, Corey Parker added the recruitment would be an issue after ARL Commission Chairman Peter V’landys revealed the players would live in PNG, rather than in North Queensland, as had previously been an option.

“You’d have to live in somewhat of a compound so I thought the players would’ve been based out of Cairns and they’d spend a time in PNG, both playing and training at different stages, but that might not be the case going forward,” Parker said.

“It’s going to be extremely difficult (to recruit players).

“There’d have to be some type of compensation from a monetary value to get players to go and live in PNG.”

Current NRL clubs have also reportedly called for a $170m funding increase, including a $3.5m lump sum to back the bid, as well as an additional $2m for the five seasons after PNG come into the competition.

V’landys told News Corp: “It is certainly premature. It hasn’t gone to cabinet to start with and our board hasn’t signed off on it, so there’s no agreement.

“There were discussions held during Magic Round, but each party was due to come back, again, so there’s nothing concrete at this stage.

“I was surprised as to how this speculation started, because it certainly didn’t come from the NRL, put it that way.”

IMG_4464.jpeg

Last edited:

I like the production music style of Gothic metal. I also listen to Polish and German metal bands that sing in Polish and German.

I think all of those artists produce really boring music. I really hate the American accent and get angry whenever I hear it. Americans are ignorant and cannot pronounce words like "Worcestershire".

People wear Yankee shit because they think it's "cool". It's all about the brand. Drug addicts on Centrelink will spend thousands on Nike, Adidas and other Yankee crap, despite having nothing else to their name.

4. Again not all American shows are ordinary - The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad etc are all great shows.

I'm not interested in those sort of shows. I prefer shows like Housos.

There are plenty of great American directors - Paul Thomas Anderson, Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, Eli Kazan, Robert Altman, Stanley Kubrick, Sidney Lumet, David Fincher, Micheal Mann, Coen Brothers.

Many of the directors in America are Jewish.

Americans are too dumb to understand the difference between rugby league and union. When Hayne was in America there was a dumbarse Yank talking with an Australian journalist on radio. The Yank kept referring to him as an "Aussie rugby player". The journalist explained to the dickhead the difference between the two games. The dickhead kept on referring to him as a "rugby player".

There are Yanks who couldn't point to Australia on a map and think everyone here has a kangaroo as a pet. I've spoken to Yanks who were stupid enough to think crocodiles live all over Australia. Another thing the pricks think is that deadly snakes and spiders live in everyone's backyard.

I'm yet to meet a Yank who knows the difference between an alligator and a crocodile or an ape and a monkey. When I point out to the idiots that Humans are great apes they get all indignant and start ranting about God.

Last edited:

Colk

First Grade
I like the production music style of Gothic metal. I also listen to Polish and German bands that sing in Polish and German.

I think all of those artists produce really boring music. I really hate the American accent and get angry whenever I hear it. Americans are ignorant and cannot pronounce words like "Worcestershire".

People wear Yankee shit because they think it's "cool". It's all about the brand. Drug addictd on Centrelink will spend thousands on Nike, Adidas and other crap, despite having nothing else to their name.

I'm not interested in those sort of shows. I prefer shows like Housos.

Many of the directors in America are Jewish.

Americans are too dumb to understand the difference between rugby league and union. When Hayne was in America there was a dumbarses Yank talking with an Australian journalist on radio. The Yank kept referring to him as an "Aussie rugby player". The journalist explained to the dickhead the difference between the two games. The dickhead kept on referring to him as a "rugby player".

There are Yanks who couldn't point to Australia on a map and think everyone here has a kangaroo as a pet. I've spoken to Yanks who were stupid enough to think crocodiles live all over Australia. Another thing the pricks think is that deadly snakes and spiders live in everyone's backyard.

I'm yet to meet a Yank who knows the difference between an alligator and a crocodile or an ape and a monkey. When I point out to the idiots that Humans are great apes they get all indignant and start ranting about God.

1. Each to their own. I would say that it is severely over-produced.
2. I never really got Miles Davis or John Coltrane’s accent in their music considering they never sung on those records but sure. They’re jazz musicians mate. If you don’t know who they are then just say I haven’t heard of them.
3. Ok sure. You probably shouldn’t talk about other things that are low brow
4. What does it matter if they’re Jewish? Actually don’t answer that question as I know the answer.
5. There are dumb people everywhere. You really need to be generalising/profiling everything to fit some sort of ideological box that you have constructed.

reanimate

Bench
This one was more accurate:

l_201007170045.jpeg

Latest posts