What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Centy Coast

Juniors
I follow the tigers, no way in the world I'm switching clubs for the bears . My league loving mates are the same, we'd change for a new team though.
Except my mate who follows Parra, he reckons he wouldnt change clubs full stop.
Yes but you are like the old Bears fans who think they will have a team at North Sydney oneday, after 10 years, the Perth Bears will be established and the old Bears fans and possibly yourself will be long gone pushing up daisies.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
So relocated out of Sydney as per arl wishes
Promised a stand alone team
Partly funded the stadium
Forced into a merger
Merger partner ensures they kill it off

Jeeze not much more they could’ve done is there

short of legal action
Took all the wrong options.

Bit dumb like you.

Centy Coast

Juniors
So relocated out of Sydney as per arl wishes
Promised a stand alone team
Partly funded the stadium
Forced into a merger
Merger partner ensures they kill it off

Jeeze not much more they could’ve done is there

short of legal action
Here is a picture, if you open it up your can see BEARS on the seats, mainly on the seats in the shadows in the right corner.
I have better pictures but I’m out atm.

IMG_4796.jpeg

Last edited:

Wb1234

Referee
Imo WA have been f#cked just as much as the Bears.
The Reds got shafted, that was a ridiculous deal making them sign paying for all opposition teams flights.
Besides colours and being the two best bids between 2005 and 2018, the Bears and WA have more in common than you would like to admit.
Reds though went to super league to survive whilst the bears stayed loyal

reds got tens of millions of news ltd money and still were broke

Perth being killed off by news ltd was karma

Centy Coast

Juniors
Reds though went to super league to survive whilst the bears stayed loyal

reds got tens of millions of news ltd money and still were broke

Perth being killed off by news ltd was karma
I read just the other week that the Bears were only $3 million in debt from former Bears Chairman Ray Beattie, the one who sold his personal story of trauma, Beattie was at the helm during the merger and is one of the most despised people at North Sydney Oval, I have the attitude it is what it is, but wow there are others out there, $3 million these days is nothing.

Last edited:

RedVee

First Grade
I follow the tigers, no way in the world I'm switching clubs for the bears . My league loving mates are the same, we'd change for a new team though.
But would you go to games?

RedVee

First Grade
I read just the other week that the Bears were only $3 million in debt from former Bears Chairman Ray Beattie, the one who sold his personal story of trauma, Beattie was at the helm during the merger and is one of the most despised people at North Sydney Oval, I have an attitude it is what it is, but wow there are others out there, $3 million these days is nothing.
That’s likely the guy that spoke to us at Saints before it all went sidewsys

final say

Juniors
I love these " league fans" that don't have a team.. yet are picky in what team they get..very flimsy supporters!

It's all bs talk though, hypertheticals.

Whatever shape the team comes in ,as it comes to fruition..start singing stars.. announcing sponsors, then the draw comes out, they'll buy a ticket, there will be a big crowd! By kick off, they'll be eyeing up or already purchased a jersey.
You included.