What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Hold on, cumins was told Not to speak to the NRL, back a month or so ago, then after the news broke out that the bears or Jets were involved, he started chiming in with a interview/article speaking about how the bid he was supposedly driving is preferably going alone... after not taking to the arlc, now recently Peter beattie might have caught up with cumins since then, but back when the news started about Perth Bears and Roger Cook was all over the media, cumins was left out of the loop... obviously he wanted in, and now has a month the submit a bid by end of July.. not sure how this is the favourite, seeing though nothing is set up... I get we all want to be national, and its a city rather than 3rd world png or provincial Christchurch, but the best bidders should win, not the most convenient one in a fan favourite location.
I would think the longest lead time would be better off for a start up Perth team, (that being without a sydney bears/jets link) I hope it does well, but it doesn't sound like anything is ready, and whatever they want to do is going to last minute, again I'd rather see a perth team done well and take every opportunity to succeed, rather than be rushed in
Theres a sht load of mental gymnastics going on by the usual suspects who've been dissing the chances of perth getting a team for years and are now faced with the reality it looks a lot more likely lol. We've gone from "Tv and NRL hate Perth so you're not getting a team' to "Cumins isnt in the loop and perth will have to do what vlandys wants'. I honestly dont understand your motivations lol

Maybe people need to sit back and see what transpires and rejoice in the fact the game might be about to take a giant step forward with three new clubs?

If Perth gets in great, if its strong enough to stand alone, great, if its Perth jets or bears with the right set up, great. Lets be happy another piece of the SL debacle is getting fixed after 30 years.

Vlad59

Bench
It’s a low act

someone on twitter was messaging me doxxing people on here including your mate vlad as some kind of weird flex

knew loads about their personal lives too

there ate some minor weirdos out there
That’s Chris Reid aka 100 IDs. He’s a very sick malicious individual

MugaB

Coach
Theres a sht load of mental gymnastics going on by the usual suspects who've been dissing the chances of perth getting a team for years and are now faced with the reality it looks a lot more likely lol. We've gone from "Tv and NRL hate Perth so you're not getting a team' to "Cumins isnt in the loop and perth will have to do what vlandys wants'. I honestly dont understand your motivations lol

Maybe people need to sit back and see what transpires and rejoice in the fact the game might be about to take a giant step forward with three new clubs?

If Perth gets in great, if its strong enough to stand alone, great, if its Perth jets or bears with the right set up, great. Lets be happy another piece of the SL debacle is getting fixed after 30 years.
I've told you my motivations for years, you're simply to cynical to realise I mean it, I want all expansion teams to grab a licence, from all new markets areas, I'm not shitting on any bids like most do here, I've only said the best chance for Perth was to saddle up with a strong east coast partner (which might mean they will want to brand it or own it) either way Perth gets a team and can build from it, and become a Swans like franchise, or it can become the Reds again like it once was, and hopefully don't trend backwards thru the slower start of lack of depth that otherwise that east coast link could have bolstered, I'm a fan of Brisbane3 (but not at the expense of the dolphins right now) and I'm ok with another 1-2 more NZ teams and Fiji if they can all provide good bids to better our game as a whole..
...More 1st grade clubs create more 1st graders

Matt_CBY

Juniors
I've told you my motivations for years, you're simply to cynical to realise I mean it, I want all expansion teams to grab a licence, from all new markets areas, I'm not shitting on any bids like most do here, I've only said the best chance for Perth was to saddle up with a strong east coast partner (which might mean they will want to brand it or own it) either way Perth gets a team and can build from it, and become a Swans like franchise, or it can become the Reds again like it once was, and hopefully don't trend backwards thru the slower start of lack of depth that otherwise that east coast link could have bolstered, I'm a fan of Brisbane3 (but not at the expense of the dolphins right now) and I'm ok with another 1-2 more NZ teams and Fiji if they can all provide good bids to better our game as a whole..
...More 1st grade clubs create more 1st graders
Good post. I’m in a similar boat.

Canard

Immortal
This pile on bullying culture is disgusting. Get a life.
Sad Monsters Inc GIF by filmeditor

Perth Red

Post Whore
So quick recap of the alleged expansion timeline

June - Expansion proposal presented to clubs and state bodies at ARLC meeting in Melbourne, Apparently agreement reached to expand to a 20 team competition

July 2024 - Open invitation for potential expansion bids to submit applications by end of July
October 2024 - Decision to be made on successful bid/bids
2027 - First new team enters
By 2030 - Two additional teams entered (years not specified)
2030 - 20 team comp.

Rumoured:
Perth to be club 18, PNG club 19, NZ2 or AN Other to be Club 20.

Latest posts