What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The delusion from the peanut gallery never ceases to amaze me.

If the corporates are getting on board why the need for 600mill? How far do you think this 600mil will spread in 10 years? You want to build a resort, a CoE, upgrade the stadium etc, you're gunna have f**k all left.

Of course I'm forgetting the 1 million members contributions 🤣🤣

Brian potter

First Grade

If the corporates are getting on board why the need for 600mill? How far do you think this 600mil will spread in 10 years? You want to build a resort, a CoE, upgrade the stadium etc, you're gunna have f**k all left.

I'm 100% against png but surely $600 million goes further in a 3rd world country?

Iamback

Coach
I'm 100% against png but surely $600 million goes further in a 3rd world country?

Yes. You are also slightly improving standards over that time so in 2040 they are in a better place to fund themselves then in 2030... that is the theory anyway

Look at the Hilton they built in Port Moresby for $400m as an example

Last edited:

Maximus

Coach
just under half goes to the nrl team directly

building an athletes village is included in the figure

plus the bribe to nrl clubs to accept it

So the Hilton with 200 rooms cost $400m, but the village big enough for the families of about 50 players, coaches and other staff is going to cost about less than $300m, and that'd leave no other funding for the team.

Iamback

Coach
So the Hilton with 200 rooms cost $400m, but the village big enough for the families of about 50 players, coaches and other staff is going to cost about less than $300m, and that'd leave no other funding for the team.

Currently the Aust Govt is paying them $5m for junior development. If that continues, The NRL grant is $3m over the cap.
NRL cover travel for the teams

Then how much more do they need on a year on year basis?

Vlad59

Bench

Exactly