What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Iamback

Coach
Safety won’t be a problem if you stay in the compound but is that the sort of lifestyle that will attract NRL players? We already have players turning their noses up at places like Canberra because it doesn’t have the lifestyle like Sydney. I’m assuming living in a compound on PNG probably isn’t that appealing either.

I agree though that fan safety will probably be a bigger issue.

I maintain that whilst I’m sure they’ll manage to get some NRL players to head over they will first and foremost need to rely on homegrown talent.

Them producing their talent is key for the franchise working.

If they are developing talent, that helps International footy and where value might come in for TV

Centy Coast

Juniors
Great win by the Bears today, the two top placed teams went head to head, the Bears only had two Melbourne Storm contracted players playing for them top in centre Reimis Smith and 2nd rower Tepai Moerai, Canberra had seven Raiders contracted players take the field for them today, among them were hooker Zac Woolford, centre Albert Hopoate, winger Nick Cotric and prop Emre Guler.
The Bears couldn’t draw on the Storm today as they play later this afternoon and the Storms 22 man Squad was hit with two late injuries with both forwards Christian Welsh and Nelson Asofa-Solomona pulling out of their clash with the Roosters.
The Bears now go five points clear at the top of the NSW Cup competition ladder with nine successive victories, there are six rounds remaining.
The Perth Bears if successful with their expansion bid should look at some of these NSW Cup players, there is some quality in there.

IMG_5169.jpeg