What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Vlad59

Bench
Bullshit.
I spent on average of 4ths a year up there for years on end and barbed wired motels and guards are there for a reason.
Yes you are safe inside but what a great way to promote the game.
You walk alone at your peril.
Can only tell you what I’ve been told. I’d assume the nrl would be hoping for a safer facility than what you’ve experienced.

RedVee

First Grade
My mate is doing a little work up there now. A few days every few weeks on a committee. They put him up in a hotel and send a car and driver to pick him up and drop him back to the hotel.
That’s it, I gather, work board room and hotel - can’t go anywhere else, don’t leave the hotel unless your car and driver is there waiting for you.

Don't quote me but over ten years ago a league attendances were close to NRL. Sydney derby was big ticket item. Conservative Gallop was put in charge & game stagnated. Fans got sick of seeing same teams play each other so often in 10 team league.
The problem is since they've expanded their attendances have dropped significantly.

If I was China (and as an Aussie I hope they don't do this), I'd just outbid Australia for PNG's allegiance by offering $700m for the NRL team.

Although they'd have to go through the next PM because the current one has already said he's keen to side with Australia. I'd imagine PVL and other NRL administrators would be rightly hesitant to f**k their own country in the arse by negotiating the funding of the team with China.
One way or the other, this is going to backfire on Labor big time. If PNG do the dirty on Labor then it will make them look weak and incompetent. The LNP and News Ltd pundits will use it against Labor.

Our leaders don't have a good history at negotiating with other countries.

Nutz

Bench
Can only tell you what I’ve been told. I’d assume the nrl would be hoping for a safer facility than what you’ve experienced.
They'll probably play the majority of their games at Suncorp ha ha.
Games played in Port Moresby most likely will have a wire barrier around the ground and the NRL will ensure there will be more than normal amount of security and players will go to and from the motel to the stadium.
Everything will be OK but if it goes like I've described I don't think it's a good look.
I hope I wrong and it's a tremendous success.
We played the national police side up there and the ref called the game off at half time ha ha.

Wb1234

Referee
They'll probably play the majority of their games at Suncorp ha ha.
Games played in Port Moresby most likely will have a wire barrier around the ground and the NRL will ensure there will be more than normal amount of security and players will go to and from the motel to the stadium.
Everything will be OK but if it goes like I've described I don't think it's a good look.
I hope I wrong and it's a tremendous success.
We played the national police side up there and the ref called the game off at half time ha ha.
Png hunters

no wire fences
Nobody died going or coming to the ground

My mate is doing a little work up there now. A few days every few weeks on a committee. They put him up in a hotel and send a car and driver to pick him up and drop him back to the hotel.
That’s it, I gather, work board room and hotel - can’t go anywhere else, don’t leave the hotel unless your car and driver is there waiting for you.
Don't worry. WB1234 and MugaB said it is guaranteed to work.

Somewhere I don’t want to live whoosh lol

the beach on png looks nice if they wanna put me up there I’m in
Each to their own. I wouldn't want to live in an overpriced city that's full of housos with delusions of grandeur. Hence the reason I don't live in Penrith.

When will you move to Port Moresby to support the PNG team.

When you do, will you still support the "Wahs" and Christchurch?

Nutz

Bench
Png hunters

no wire fences
Nobody died going or coming to the ground
If I told you that I saw with my own eyes a fella whacked with a machete amongst a wild mob of onlookers at the airport and it didn't even make the news/paper, would you believe me. A lot of bad stuff doesn't get reported.
It's been a while since I've been working up there so if things have changed that's fantastic because the average png families are awesome people
Young men however will fight each other over their dogs fighting which then causes an all in riot

Wb1234

Referee
Each to their own. I wouldn't want to live in an overpriced city that's full of housos with delusions of grandeur. Hence the reason I don't live in Penrith.

When will you move to Port Moresby to support the PNG team.

When you do, will you still support the "Wahs" and Christchurch?
How could you forget south’s and the dragons lol

Semi final at Homebush Showgrounds around 2008 dogs v warriors

I almost started a riot cheering for the warriors

I was doing commentary as the warriors scored each try

the whole grandstand hated me