What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

BuffaloRules

Coach
No elite pathways before

no Aussie talent scouts at schools carnivals

they appointed grima whose copied the panthers systems

I posted a link above their pilot scheme grew from 75 to 780 kids in one year

i ask the question generally of how a 17 yr old PNG kid today is going to be NRL ready by year 1 2028… its got to involve playing over here in the meantime

Wb1234

Referee
i ask the question generally of how a 17 yr old PNG kid today is going to be NRL ready by year 1 2028… its got to involve playing over here in the meantime
Tax concessions gets Aussie and kiwi players until the pathways kick in in ten years

even then they still will try and get some elite talent from Australia

png won’t be winning the nrl anytime soon but that’s not unique to the nrl even the broncos haven’t won it for almost 20 years or eels 37 years for example

Vlad59

Bench
Tax concessions gets Aussie and kiwi players until the pathways kick in in ten years

even then they still will try and get some elite talent from Australia

png won’t be winning the nrl anytime soon but that’s not unique to the nrl even the broncos haven’t won it for almost 20 years or eels 37 years for example
That tax concession potentially will expand player interest outside of Australian league. It’s a very clever move.

Jamberoo

Juniors
lower

The article clearly stated it was based on a player earning 1 to 1.5 million
Yes, I read that. They still won’t be two or three times better off.

How many $1m - $1.5 players can they fit in the salary cap? Not many. Reckon players without wives or kids may be tempted by the extra dollars, but it will still be a hard sell for anyone with a partner or kids.

Wb1234

Referee
Yes, I read that. They still won’t be two or three times better off.

How many $1m - $1.5 players can they fit in the salary cap? Not many. Reckon players without wives or kids may be tempted by the extra dollars, but it will still be a hard sell for anyone with a partner or kids.
Loads their real salary cap is close to 18 million with the tax exemptions

then again I can’t see the clubs allowing this it’s a massive advantage

more than the swans and lions used to get from the afl with cost of living allowances

blue bags

First Grade
V'landys and Politis have hijacked the expansion process to bring back a failed Sydney club. It's corruption at its worst.

If it all goes ahead then it'll be a disaster. V'landys will walk away with a nice pay cheque when the shit hits the fan.
Politis. Vlandy. Albo. Joe Biden. Trump
Bennett. Have been in discussions with Perth RED. About the North Sydney Grizzlies Bear's
Franchise 😊