What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Iamback

Coach
That escalated quickly … all I am proposing is that the 17 NRL clubs take on a few PNG kids into their juniors the first few years until their pathways are set up

Sorry I thought you were throwing shade on the PNG development while ignoring the same issues for other bids ( which happens here often)

The only issue with that would be team chemistry the PNG guys might not see game time due to playing a different style then the club they went too. Particularly the key spine guys

The u17's and u19's at QCup level would be my option so they. Even if they are smashed they are still playing quality opposition each week.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I know you troll but you can't seriously think every QLD Cup and NSW Cup player is part time because they aren't good enough

You are in the Perth stand alone camp on here. Where do you think those players will come from?
What trolling? You play NRL you become full time. If you're too old, too slow, too young, too small, too stupid, too fat or too lazy you're not good enough and you play Queensland cup. Getting a full-time contract doesn't change your inadequacies.

As for Perth, good question and the risk of expansion. I'll tell you where they won't be coming from: North Sydney.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Where do you think first grade players come from

those pathways which a Perth nrl team will sit on top of

My link was nsw cup not under 19 etc
how many Redcliffe players have been in the dolphins first two years squads? I'll give you a clue its less than 1.

Iamback

Coach
What trolling? You play NRL you become full time. If you're too old, too slow, too young, too small, too stupid, too fat or too lazy you're not good enough and you play Queensland cup. Getting a full-time contract doesn't change your inadequacies.

As for Perth, good question and the risk of expansion. I'll tell you where they won't be coming from: North Sydney.

It isn't always the case though. A player could have injuries and doesn't get re-signed or any number of reasons.

Correct but they will be the too old, too slow, Too stupid, too fat or too lazy players that the Hunters currently play.

Wb1234

Referee
is it? how come they havent been signed yet? Are they hanging on for perth in 2027 lol?
Bennett went and got katoa from panthers juniors because his path to first grade was blocked by Cleary and luai

guy is now a star for the dolphins

tigers now have loads of good juniors coming through ready for first grade

this isn’t rocket science

Perth Red

Post Whore
its going to be fascinating to see if you can turn around an entire development system in a location in just 3.5 years. Its a good chance to actually test if $'s in = first grade players out. Same for WA.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It isn't always the case though. A player could have injuries and doesn't get re-signed or any number of reasons.

Correct but they will be the too old, too slow, Too stupid, too fat or too lazy players that the Hunters currently play.
Its a cut throat business.

Wb1234

Referee
its going to be fascinating to see if you can turn around an entire development system in a location in just 3.5 years. It’s a good chance to actually test if $'s in = first grade players
How long did it panthers take from when Gus came in to them winning their first comp

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
How long did it panthers take from when Gus came in to them winning their first comp
The difference is that the panthers had the talent, the numbers, and the standard, it was just these players got lost to other clubs before they came to grade.

Gould's influence in producing juniors at Penrith is overhyped.

Iamback

Coach
its going to be fascinating to see if you can turn around an entire development system in a location in just 3.5 years. Its a good chance to actually test if $'s in = first grade players out. Same for WA.

It is probably 60% complete. Like they produce ESL standard players now, fill in the whole complete the system.

A whole development system is harder