What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Gobsmacked

Bench
Take Nathan Cleary on 1.4 million pa. In Australia he pays 600k tax a year

in png is nil

cleary would save 3 million in taxes over five year. Around 40 percent more money
Imagine thinking PNG could get Cleary lol
I can't think of anyone who would go there, the moment I think them trying to sign players, I know that there's zero chances of success.. zero.
After 10 straight years of wooden spoons and no government money- it's over.
I said when this was first floated that there needs to be government money for 50 years guaranteed.

Wb1234

Referee
Imagine thinking PNG could get Cleary lol
I can't think of anyone who would go there, the moment I think them trying to sign players, I know that there's zero chances of success.. zero.
After 10 straight years of wooden spoons and no government money- it's over.
I said when this was first floated that there needs to be government money for 50 years guaranteed.
This coming from the guy who couldn’t remember his password

Thanks scoop !

Cactus

Juniors
I could be wrong but it sounds like the NRL will be administering the team in conjunction with the PNGRL, so the NRL will probably receive the Govt funds, give PNG a grant for players and coaches etc and invest in the pathways and future proofing assets themselves

Yep. Others need to remember that it was the Australian Fed Gov that was the original driver of this (from some years back i might add) and not the NRL. All with bi partisan support for quite obvious geopolitical reasons.

So yes, in terms of funding & how the cash flows, if this was a commercial office block being built it would be the Aust Gov as the developer & the NRL as the construction company.

Bukowski

Juniors
So 3 years of money before they come into the comp, giving them 7 years to get it together onfield before the govt money ends.
They're need the best CEO and football manager. Justin Pascoe still around?

Cactus

Juniors
So 3 years of money before they come into the comp, giving them 7 years to get it together onfield before the govt money ends.
You know, given the geopolitical importance of this, it would not surprise me to see the money to flow on past the 10 year deadline.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see this initiative expanded further through the Pacific. Both sides of Gov know this use of soft power is probably the best lever we can pull to win hearts and minds in our region.

Chief_Chujo

First Grade
You know, given the geopolitical importance of this, it would not surprise me to see the money to flow on past the 10 year deadline.

It also wouldn't surprise me to see this initiative expanded further through the Pacific. Both sides of Gov know this use of soft power is probably the best lever we can pull to win hearts and minds in our region.
Agreed. If this is paying dividends in soft power they will just roll it into the PNG aid when the 10yrs ends. But hopefully those large multi nationals will come to play in sponsorship as its best for both countries if PNG can stand by itself.

Vlad59

Bench
Agreed. If this is paying dividends in soft power they will just roll it into the PNG aid when the 10yrs ends. But hopefully those large multi nationals will come to play in sponsorship as its best for both countries if PNG can stand by itself.
Santos is am obvious one

Vlad59

Bench
In the alternative now that the fumblers are putting a team in Tassie they can complete their arc of influence by claiming Antarctica

A few of you laughed at my comment above. Well china is clearly moving in on the Antarctica so we need a fumbler club there now. South Pole Bears?

Matt_CBY

Juniors
So Brisbane 3 to come in 2035 after all the png money has been pssed away then?
unless they are going to bup some revenue making assets for the png club out of all that sweet aussie cash the chances of them being self sustaining in ten years is about the same as tigers winning a comp under Benji.
Guaranteed? Wow

Matt_CBY

Juniors
So Brisbane 3 to come in 2035 after all the png money has been pssed away then?
unless they are going to bup some revenue making assets for the png club out of all that sweet aussie cash the chances of them being self sustaining in ten years is about the same as tigers winning a comp under Benji.
Guaranteed? Wow

Wb1234

Referee
Only 45% on their salary part that’s over $190k. Overall on a million $ your paying 44% tax.
And if you’re paying full tax rate when earning that much you need a much better accountant!
On 1.4 million dollars an elite player will pay 600k tax a year playing for any Australian nrl side

in png it’s zero

and being based in png the travel times will be far less than Perth

Brad Arthur is a good coach but png will have Wayne

western are going to have their work cut out for them

Latest posts