What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

flippikat

Bench
Brent read on nrl360 saying nrl ceos will be making a huge issue out of the cash they need to approve expansion

his figures were a bit mixed but he said clubs want the grant to be 5 to 7 million over the salary cap

he also said clubs want a one off grant of 4 million as well

like with the cba the games stakeholders are holding the games future to ransom

I would’ve thought an additional 2 millon pa each is fair. Then wait for the new tv deal to get more
If maximizing the expansion fee is the primary thing that clubs are fishing for, that could sway that final spot in this expansion phase towards Brisbane 3 & away from NZ 2.

After all, Brisbane 3 (whichever bid) are probably more likely to raise more "up front cash" than an NZ 2 bid. I wonder how much it would take to placate the existing SE-Qld NRL clubs?

MugaB

Coach
If maximizing the expansion fee is the primary thing that clubs are fishing for, that could sway that final spot in this expansion phase towards Brisbane 3 & away from NZ 2.

After all, Brisbane 3 (whichever bid) are probably more likely to raise more "up front cash" than an NZ 2 bid. I wonder how much it would take to placate the existing SE-Qld NRL clubs?
Oh ...there's no such thing as an expansion fee...
Don't be silly

BuffaloRules

Coach
Brent read on nrl360 saying nrl ceos will be making a huge issue out of the cash they need to approve expansion

his figures were a bit mixed but he said clubs want the grant to be 5 to 7 million over the salary cap

Players will start getting the pips that the clubs getting too much money if that happens …. they will say that more of that money should be going to them

Nuke

Staff member
Yeah, the "poor underpaid players" ... according to their managers who themselves would be getting a pay increase instead of the money going to juniors or grassroots, ect.

Perth Red

Post Whore

he also said clubs want a one off grant of 4 million as well

like with the cba the games stakeholders are holding the games future to ransom

I would’ve thought an additional 2 millon pa each is fair. Then wait for the new tv deal to get more
Journos are clueless, the grant is already $5mill over the grant.

MugaB

Coach
Why do you guys feel the need to defend his blatant lies?
It's not the lies, it's the pedantic nature of your arguments, why not bag him for something worthy of bagging, instead of a 3% skew on a percentage, next you'll try to attack folks for bad grammar on a footy forum.

Shout out to donks for that one

Latest posts