What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Off topic ..but Bad Boy Bubby was an interesting movie … saw it at the cinema the day it came out through coincidence… knew nothing about it ..lot of people walked out on it I recall
I saw it stoned off my head in Qld as a double feature with Naked Lunch.
I blocked as much of that day out as possible.

The Bubby movie does present a good impression of Adelaide as a whole though.

Off topic: have you seen ‘Snowtown’?
Yep.
I saw that on a second date with a girl whom we ended up living together fir 7 years.
We both got a bit traumatised by it, and even though we aren't together anymore we still have the unspoken rule not to bring it up.
That movie is even more f$%ked up as its a true story.
I'm telling you, those Adelaide people are THE most screwed up in the whole country. Probably because they were the only major city not to have been settled by convicts, well that's my only sense behind it.
Bored old English and German heritages were their mainstays. Twisted f$%ks.

Scootsie

Juniors
Yep.
I saw that on a second date with a girl whom we ended up living together fir 7 years.
We both got a bit traumatised by it, and even though we aren't together anymore we still have the unspoken rule not to bring it up.
That movie is even more f$%ked up as its a true story.
I'm telling you, those Adelaide people are THE most screwed up in the whole country. Probably because they were the only major city not to have been settled by convicts, well that's my only sense behind it.
Bored old English and German heritages were their mainstays. Twisted f$%ks.

Well the funny thing is that most murders happened in Murray Bridge, and the bodies were disposed of in Snowtown. Poor old Snowtown cops a notorious bad wrap, but the degenerates actually lived in Murray Bridge and the Northern Suburbs of Adelaide.
A few years ago, cops were searching for a killer in the social housing area of Murray Bridge. What they saw there drove them to hold months of crisis meetings with govt and every agency under the sun. We’re talking things like horses living in houses, hoarders, child Abuse etc etc.

The order of which these prospective franchises enter isn’t set in stone. There is a very good chance Perth Bears will be team 18 and not PNG - who might well be team 19.

What is fact is PNG need a giant financial leg up to be ready and Perth don’t - and Perth don’t because of the association with Bears and their set up (which I have explained at nauseam - to which keeps getting side stepped on here…).

There can be a thousand articles released between now and 2027 and it wont change the fact that the NRL will not be assisting Perth or any other prospective new franchise like they proposing to assist with PNG. So these prospective new franchises really need to look at the Dolphins model as the only assured thing the ARLC and stakeholders will look at seriously. Start ups with no resources and no assets and no actual business model that covers 10-15-20+ years are not going to be taken seriously.

Here’s another hot tip - contrary to what’s been written the comp might stop at 19 or go to 21 teams. Even number of clubs is not set in stone either. In the age where a faster game is leading to more soft muscle injuries and HIA’s - the powerbrokers, governing body and most clubs are not opposed to keeping the bye as a reason for squad and player rest. Of course this can be achieved with an even number of clubs too (2 clubs have a bye each week as opposed to 1).

Just flagging this up again.

20th spot is far from guaranteed - in the short term. There is a world where we in the short term stop at Team #19 and don’t look at Team #20 until back end of 2030’s.

There is much uncertainty surrounding locations, bids, commercial viability and how the broadcasting rights factor into the games model after the next negotiations.

Internal production (done by the NRL) to then on sell the final production to streaming services (as opposed to selling rights and broadcasting partners doing their own production of the game) is a topic which will get heavier after next round of negotiations.

This is the way to maximise revenue and profits. The game still loses a big chunk of its true value by having others produce the package. However self production also costs a lot of money, big risk huge reward. This will go hand in hand with future expansion after this next round of broadcasting negotiations.

Anyways that’s off topic but the order of new franchise entrances 18 & 19 seems to be somewhat set for now.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
That AFL Ipswich article is an absolute nothing story 🤣🤣🤣

I'm a huge advocate for the Jets as team 21 but it has nothing to do with the AFL women's team pretending to be popular with the locals. I want RL in SEQ to have a team in each corner and the Cowboys to be the team for Rural QLD and our game will have an appropriate level of representation at NRL considering the contributions made to the game and to allow our game to continue to grow with the state as the number 1 sport.

Its a bonus that a few old QRL brands get brought back to top flight RL in the Dolphins and maybe Jets.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just flagging this up again.

20th spot is far from guaranteed - in the short term. There is a world where we in the short term stop at Team #19 and don’t look at Team #20 until back end of 2030’s.

There is much uncertainty surrounding locations, bids, commercial viability and how the broadcasting rights factor into the games model after the next negotiations.

Internal production (done by the NRL) to then on sell the final production to streaming services (as opposed to selling rights and broadcasting partners doing their own production of the game) is a topic which will get heavier after next round of negotiations.

This is the way to maximise revenue and profits. The game still loses a big chunk of its true value by having others produce the package. However self production also costs a lot of money, big risk huge reward. This will go hand in hand with future expansion after this next round of broadcasting negotiations.

Anyways that’s off topic but the order of new franchise entrances 18 & 19 seems to be somewhat set for now.
Really depends on timelines. If nrlnis looking for a longer than 5 year tv deal and wants to sell a 20 team comp in the deal then we may get an announcement of all 20. But given team 20 is unlikely to come in until 2031 there doesn’t seem much point in announcing it 7 years out. A lot can change in 7 years!

Really depends on timelines. If nrlnis looking for a longer than 5 year tv deal and wants to sell a 20 team comp in the deal then we may get an announcement of all 20. But given team 20 is unlikely to come in until 2031 there doesn’t seem much point in announcing it 7 years out. A lot can change in 7 years!
Streaming is the future, well it’s the now actually.

There will be a minor player in next round of negotiations who will be a monster player by the time that next deal is finished.

Latest posts