What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Chief_Chujo

First Grade

Nrl. Clubs want additional funding to approve expansion of around 3 million extra per club pa

The clubs will always need their pieces of silver. Its shit but that's the way the commission is structured.

MugaB

Coach
Its manufactured with priority picks and extra funding. More than half of AFL players are Victorian. SA/WA would be demolished by a VIC team. NSW/QLD would likewise be demolished by SA/WA. Its always been a Wizard of Oz expansion of the game.
I've said this multiple times, manufactured sports are just a scam, zero integrity... pass that flag around, people here want a draft, just coz they assume it needs work with a salary cap, this is not true, a draft is only nessesary when the rookies you need to spread throughout the game are only coming from one area (AFL in southern states, or NFL in United States) soccer, baseball, basketball, rugby, and most other sports don't need a draft, you can get players from anywhere and locally for that team if needed, while some of these sports have drafts unnecessarily, without really thinking it thru..
It's just a way to even out competitions, it just spreads talent, but that doesn't raise all boats the tide remains ever low.. rugby league has good teams, shìt teams, and godly teams, you can see the top4 right now and they are close to godliness, all other teams are striving to be that or like that, if there was a draft, they'd tank their mediocrity to gain that talent pick, but still be no better than the rest of the butt average teams... its farcical...
It needs to be survival of the fittest, or its not a comp worth watching

Colk

First Grade
I've said this multiple times, manufactured sports are just a scam, zero integrity... pass that flag around, people here want a draft, just coz they assume it needs work with a salary cap, this is not true, a draft is only nessesary when the rookies you need to spread throughout the game are only coming from one area (AFL in southern states, or NFL in United States) soccer, baseball, basketball, rugby, and most other sports don't need a draft, you can get players from anywhere and locally for that team if needed, while some of these sports have drafts unnecessarily, without really thinking it thru..
It's just a way to even out competitions, it just spreads talent, but that doesn't raise all boats the tide remains ever low.. rugby league has good teams, shìt teams, and godly teams, you can see the top4 right now and they are close to godliness, all other teams are striving to be that or like that, if there was a draft, they'd tank their mediocrity to gain that talent pick, but still be no better than the rest of the butt average teams... its farcical...
It needs to be survival of the fittest, or its not a comp worth watching

I’m guessing you don’t follow the MLB and NBA much MugaB. Look I get where you are coming from with the Panthers and all but seriously as a neutral fan or somebody who hasn’t got skin in a particular match here or there and who just wants to watch a contest, the competition can’t be strong in the long term if results are entirely predictable.

Also, I am not necessarily arguing for a draft but what I am arguing for is something in addition to the salary cap because the salary cap in isolation doesn’t work. It is proven to not work because the ARLC simply can’t police it (it’s not transparent). That’s not even taking in to account the other problems with having a system that essentially determines that every club is the same (which they’re not)

Perth Red

Post Whore
Its manufactured with priority picks and extra funding. More than half of AFL players are Victorian. SA/WA would be demolished by a VIC team. NSW/QLD would likewise be demolished by SA/WA. Its always been a Wizard of Oz expansion of the game.
Yeh 50k fans, massive revenue and grand finals suggest expansion teams are a failure lol. Nrl could but dream.