What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
You being confused is definitely a thing.
Like you being wrong is a thing? Will you concede when NZ2 isn’t announced as 18th or 19th?

You and Tito keep going around making the debate as a code vs code argument when the initial point was Tito saying AFL isn’t a thing in Brisbane. I countered that saying it is. Then you chimed in with your 4 years of living in Brisbane experience saying it isn’t a thing either.

Not once did I say AFL was bigger than NRL in Brisbane , quite the opposite. I never said AFL was the big show, all I said is that it’s a thing and it has its supporters and juniors here in Brisbane and it’s naive for either of you to think it’s nothing up here.

The fact you two keep now changing the initial point into a new point of code vs code argument is laughable. Who cares if NRL crush AFL’s rating in Brisbane, we all know this and that isn’t the argument nor will get argued.

So make up your mind. Is your argument the initial AFL isn’t a thing in Brisbane or do you instead want to talk about code vs code? Because they’re completely different things.

Last edited:
it's better live than on TV where League is opposite .
Having stadiums like Allianz, CommBank and Suncorp is changing that.
I`ve never been to a fumbleball game but I find it hard to believe given the oval grounds it is played on there isn`t issues of not being able to see what is going on down the other end that plagues League in sub-standard grounds.
I think it is the crowds they get that perpetuates this `better at the ground` myth.
Take the crowd away, like what we saw during covid, the whole better at the ground myth was exposed as fanciful.

Gobsmacked

Bench
It's fun being at games but it really depends. Some games look boring live but on TV you get in depth analysis and close in views showing you a great arm wrestle!
AFL they are scoring or making marks all the time- always something to cheer for creating a great atmosphere.
Apples and Oranges!!!

Red&BlackBear

First Grade
I`ve never been to a fumbleball game but I find it hard to believe given the oval grounds it is played on there isn`t issues of not being able to see what is going on down the other end that plagues League in sub-standard grounds.
I think it is the crowds they get that perpetuates this `better at the ground` myth.
Take the crowd away, like what we saw during covid, the whole better at the ground myth was exposed as fanciful.
A lot of watching league live depends on your vantage point and what you’re actually looking for.

Being over the top like Suncorp is the best as you can see the game unfolding real nicely.

If you’re a purist being behind the try lines is also great as you can watch attacking shape and defensive shifts close to the line.

flippikat

First Grade
So what date does everyone think expansion announcement will be made?

I predict it could be around Thur or Fri next week prior to the PMXIII game on the Sunday. Gives GF win some clear media then keeps the game in the media prior to the test match series. Announcing juts prior to PNG game gives that event a lot more excitement.
The Dolphins were announced 10 days after the 2021 GF so that'd be Wed 16 Oct if the same timing is used, but that'd be 3 days after the PNG game on Sunday Oct 13.

So, chances are mid-to-late next week.

Just over a week to go?